ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 06-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
1. They absolutely did.

2. Also, the health of the country/planet might matter a tad more than a football game.
1. Without checking I don't recall a 25 page thread bitching, moaning and complaining about any of the three? I could be wrong?

2. Gee ya think Mr. Obvious ... Was stating how it is sad that on a Football forum that politics is the most talked about. I never said football was more important than the country or the planet.

Perhaps you can climb out of your mom's basement and off your puter, grab a protest sign and hit the bricks? or not ...
Colts2006 (06-02-2017), Racehorse (06-02-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
1. Without checking I don't recall a 25 page thread bitching, moaning and complaining about any of the three? I could be wrong?

2. Gee ya think Mr. Obvious ... Was stating how it is sad that on a Football forum that politics is the most talked about. I never said football was more important than the country or the planet.

Perhaps you can climb out of your mom's basement and off your puter, grab a protest sign and hit the bricks? or not ...
ColtFreaks in general is a hundred-thread bitchfest about Grigano. It has lasted for multiple years.

If you don't like a thread in the General non-football forum, maybe just ignore it? Your boy Trump is gonna be bitched about because most of this country dislikes him and sees him for what he is: a catastrophic POTUS.

Not sure how recognizing that makes me a basement-dweller. But cool. Good one, dude.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
ColtFreaks in general is a hundred-thread bitchfest about Grigano. It has lasted for multiple years.

If you don't like a thread in the General non-football forum, maybe just ignore it? Your boy Trump is gonna be bitched about because most of this country dislikes him and sees him for what he is: a catastrophic POTUS.

Not sure how recognizing that makes me a basement-dweller. But cool. Good one, dude.
GBB I don't think you quite understood original intent of my post. I was stating, that for a football forum it is a shame that politics is the most talked about topic rather than football. I realize not much going on right now with the Colts, so at least it is something. Never intended for anyone to think football was more important or anything like that. Regardless of anyones political preferances. Had Hillary or Sanders won I am sure there would be just as much bitching and whining...
Old 06-02-2017, 10:33 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
GBB I don't think you quite understood original intent of my post. I was stating, that for a football forum it is a shame that politics is the most talked about topic rather than football. I realize not much going on right now with the Colts, so at least it is something. Never intended for anyone to think football was more important or anything like that. Regardless of anyones political preferances. Had Hillary or Sanders won I am sure there would be just as much bitching and whining...
Only in a more mature fashion.
Colts2006 (06-02-2017), smitty46953 (06-02-2017), Spike (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:48 AM

My sister and her family voted for Trump.

I won't judge my sister personally for doing this because she is essentially an extension of her husband. Her husband is a good man and she is genuinely lucky to have him. He is also from a small town in Alabama and his family has made it evident they lack the ability to empathize with or comprehend any other perspective than that of the stereotypical white conservative Christian.

My folks are not young. To make matters worse they were both Feds. Pops was a Marine vet and worked for the GSA, Mama was with FPS before entering GSA after Pops retired. My mom has been telling me for years now that her pension is getting stretched further and further, and now I hear the situation could potentially get even worse. They are also trying to take care of my Father's 93 year old sister with moderate dementia who lacks the means to afford the necessary memory care she needs.

My Sister chose to ignore this because she is worried about herself. To an extent I understand, because eventually you make your own family and have to live your own life. What gets me hot is who does she think is going to help our folks out when they finally hit bottom? My wife and I discussed this at length this morning over breakfast and came to the conclusion that if My sister's family had no problem with an administration that is apparently hanging them out to dry, that is their burden to carry.

I had a kid at 24 and got the hell on with my life, I had to get shit poppin. I'm not even going to get into details on how she leaned on my folks into her 30's. I can see rocky times ahead. She's not going to like hearing what I have to say when she tries to tell me she can't care for mom.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (06-02-2017), omahacolt (06-07-2017), Pez (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
My sister and her family voted for Trump.

I won't judge my sister personally for doing this because she is essentially an extension of her husband. Her husband is a good man and she is genuinely lucky to have him. He is also from a small town in Alabama and his family has made it evident they lack the ability to empathize with or comprehend any other perspective than that of the stereotypical white conservative Christian.

My folks are not young. To make matters worse they were both Feds. Pops was a Marine vet and worked for the GSA, Mama was with FPS before entering GSA after Pops retired. My mom has been telling me for years now that her pension is getting stretched further and further, and now I hear the situation could potentially get even worse. They are also trying to take care of my Father's 93 year old sister with moderate dementia who lacks the means to afford the necessary memory care she needs.

My Sister chose to ignore this because she is worried about herself. To an extent I understand, because eventually you make your own family and have to live your own life. What gets me hot is who does she think is going to help our folks out when they finally hit bottom? My wife and I discussed this at length this morning over breakfast and came to the conclusion that if My sister's family had no problem with an administration that is apparently hanging them out to dry, that is their burden to carry.

I had a kid at 24 and got the hell on with my life, I had to get shit poppin. I'm not even going to get into details on how she leaned on my folks into her 30's. I can see rocky times ahead. She's not going to like hearing what I have to say when she tries to tell me she can't care for mom.
Man, I feel you on so much of this. My parents are at that age where they're quickly falling apart now, and I'm actually having to start scheduling time out of my calendar to take them to doctor visits, surgical procedures, etc. I'm so fucking nervous about how much out-of-pocket they may have to incur as this continues on.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Accidental Administrator

To a politician, the only thing better than money is more money.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:56 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
To a politician, the only thing better than money is more money.
they love power too.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-05-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 12:35 PM

Not true that I just whine about Trump being a stupid piece of shit, by the way.

Mike Pence is also a stupid piece of shit. The state of Indiana didn't event want him. Lo and behold, he's one impeachment away from the Presidency now... (Of course, he would probably be implicated in that scenario -- which won't happen -- too, so...)
Old 06-02-2017, 01:14 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Not true that I just whine about Trump being a stupid piece of shit, by the way.

Mike Pence is also a stupid piece of shit. The state of Indiana didn't event want him. Lo and behold, he's one impeachment away from the Presidency now... (Of course, he would probably be implicated in that scenario -- which won't happen -- too, so...)
no shit.

I would love to see trump out of the white house, but that puts pence in. no thanks.
If pence is ousted also, then paul ryan is in charge. no thanks.