ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cq.noble View Post
Right but that turns into hatred for the player when he's perceived to underperform, which makes no sense. I'm not attached to the guy and I don't think this was a bad trade, I've thought about it and Allen and Doyle duplicate each other with Allen being the better athlete and Doyle being more consistent, but to hate a guy because he played poorly when by all accounts he wasn't slacking, he didn't get paid and quit working he didn't do anything wrong other than not play well. There are plenty of guys who don't play well that the coaches constantly go back to that don't receive the kind of hate that Allen does.

Logically it doesn't make sense to hate him if he didn't sleep with your girlfriend.
I for one didn't hate Allen. He was just getting paid way too much for being a mediocre TE. I wouldn't have paid that pussy Fleener either, glad he went to the Saints.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Allen was one of your man crushes, so you'll defend him to the death. I don't know why you randomly pick horrible players and defend them to the death while ripping on better players for no apparent reason. I'm guessing it's the same reason you have this odd psychological compulsion to project your sad life onto me.
I'm not picking up the gauntlet for omaha, but calling DA horrible is just ridiculous. Satele was horrible. Curtis Painter was horrible. Allen? Nah. That doesn't hold any water.
Racehorse (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
The complaint is about management being smart and managing the limited resource of salary cap dollars wisely. I would never blame a player for taking more money, but a GM who overpays a bunch of players is going to end up with a flawed roster.
You've right about where the true complaint should be, but the majority of fans complain mostly about the player. It's probably due to some psychological conditioning.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
So, we basically traded DA to move up our 6th rounder to a 4th rounder?

DA wasn't worth his contract but I didn't think he was worthy of being dumped like this either. It's not like the Colts needed the cap space. Or, maybe they do for subsequent years?

Colts must really like somebody in the 4th round. Or really like Swoope.

Guess it all depends upon how good Ballard is at drafting.
They also kinda traded Allen for Doyle because they weren't going to spend nearly 15 million on tight ends.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
OneVoice (03-09-2017), Spike (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
They also kinda traded Allen for Doyle because they weren't going to spend nearly 15 million on tight ends.

Welcome aboard
Colt Classic (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I'm not picking up the gauntlet for omaha, but calling DA horrible is just ridiculous. Satele was horrible. Curtis Painter was horrible. Allen? Nah. That doesn't hold any water.
Allen was a good talent who never really fulfilled his promise due to injuries, and he had a huge problem with drops last year. I was more referring to his tendency to pick players like Mike Doss and Greg Toler and defend them while running down better players for no reason. In this case, it was him defending Allen endlessly as he underperformed while bitching about Fleener despite Fleener ultimately performing better than Allen in his time here.

Last edited by Dam8610; 03-09-2017 at 10:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Allen was a good talent who never really fulfilled his promise due to injuries, and he had a huge problem with drops last year. I was more referring to his tendency to pick players like Mike Doss and Greg Toler and defend them while running down better players for no reason. In this case, it was him defending Allen endlessly as he underperformed while bitching about Fleener despite Fleener ultimately performing better than Allen in his time here.

Funny how you brought up Greg Toler but never talk about how bad his replacement is. And Robinson is TOTALLY a Pagano guy and HE SUCKS!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Funny how you brought up Greg Toler but never talk about how bad his replacement is. And Robinson is TOTALLY a Pagano guy and HE SUCKS!!!!
Toler sucked, Robinson sucks, what's your point? Grigson failed to find a good CB2 to complement Davis, and in making poor decisions on that front, also managed to make poor decisions on other parts of the roster. Keep talking about "Pagano guy[s]" all you want, but the bottom line is the GM has control of the 53.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the topic? Omaha's tendency to endlessly defend his man crushes is at least on topic, since Dwayne Allen was one of them.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM

I like Allen but agree he never lived up to his potential, due to injuries and other reasons.

I thought we could get more out of him, but that I think is based more on how good he could be, not how good he has been the last few years. Which is injury prone and mediocre.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:23 PM

Thanked 4,397 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Toler sucked, Robinson sucks, what's your point? Grigson failed to find a good CB2 to complement Davis, and in making poor decisions on that front, also managed to make poor decisions on other parts of the roster. Keep talking about "Pagano guy[s]" all you want, but the bottom line is the GM has control of the 53.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the topic? Omaha's tendency to endlessly defend his man crushes is at least on topic, since Dwayne Allen was one of them.
Are you really going to do this crap all off-season, too? When will you give it a rest? You ruin threads far too often.
Colts And Orioles (03-09-2017), cq.noble (03-09-2017), Puck (03-09-2017), smitty46953 (03-09-2017)