ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 05-24-2018, 07:55 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
Do it at home... do it on the street.

They hurt the league and their lively hood.. nothing like a pack of over paid snowflakes whining about "unfairness" in the US.

Want to really show your commitment? Leave the US if it's "unfair"

Then I'd listen to your idiot views
This country is great because we not only allow ‘idiot’ views like mine to be heard, we have a system where change can occur without resorting to violence. Name calling, while allowed and protected, isn’t very effective in changing minds. Your idea that if I disagree with your point of view I should leave the country points to your lack of understanding about what this wonderful country is all about
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (05-25-2018), FatDT (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 09:52 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Where there are no cameras. A protest that isn’t seen has little to no effect. Of course the media attention is such that it will be a story for the first few games, but it will die down quickly. Unless Trump decides to continue to use it to hurt the nfl I guess. Which is entirely possible.
I hope it dies.

When you start dissecting the "patriotism" of this, the league would not have done anything if there was not backlash from the public that cost them some revenue.

Anyone who thinks Godell is addressing this because of his own personal sense of patriotism is a fool. Godell is addressing this because he wants more money.

Whats worse... godell selling patriotism for money or a player exercising his 1st amendment rights?

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 05-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
I don't blame people for switching them off. They kneel I'm gone this year too.
You're so full of shit.... you're telling me you have watched players kneel every game for two years now, but if you see it one more time that's it?

Are you keeping an internal kneel count before you are fed up and had enough?

The fact that you still watch football after two years of this scandal, you arent exactly eating your own soup: "If you're truly committed to your cause, go for it."

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."

Last edited by Pez; 05-24-2018 at 09:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
FatDT (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:05 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Problem is they kind of started this. They have crafted a nationalistic image, all the flag waving, rah-rah hyperbole that goes on before a game is meant to do that, military flyovers, blasting patriotic rock songs. Even NFL films borrowed a bunch of techniques from Leni Riefenstahl. They sometimes resemble all the propaganda films from WW2. They have engineered this image on purpose over the years, then it backfired when some of the players decided they wanted to protest.

They are a corporation, they care about profit and maintaining an image that continues to support that profit. A bunch of billionaires don't want a bunch of new money millionaires to rock the boat.
This is the perfect response to those saying the players don’t have the right to politicize this particular protest and the NFL can do whatever it wants. The NFL already politicized its product. You can’t just randomly turn off the faucet.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Pez (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:44 AM

Chris Long sums it up pretty well:

“This is fear of a diminished bottom line. It’s also fear of a president turning his base against a corporation. This ¡s not patriotism. Don’t get it confused. These owners don’t love America more than the players demonstrating and taking real action to improve it. It also lets you, the fan, know where our league stands. I will continue to be committed to affecting change with my platform. I’m someone who’s always looked at the anthem as a declaration of ideals, including the right to peaceful protest. Our league continues to fall short on this issue.”
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 11:01 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
This country is great because we not only allow ‘idiot’ views like mine to be heard, we have a system where change can occur without resorting to violence. Name calling, while allowed and protected, isn’t very effective in changing minds. Your idea that if I disagree with your point of view I should leave the country points to your lack of understanding about what this wonderful country is all about
READING COMPREHENSION...

If you REALLY believe this country sucks, LEAVE for a better place.

Don't stay and cash a huge paycheck while protesting "unfairness". it makes you look stupid.

Life isn't fair to anyone, anywhere, anytime... stop whining while making millions playing a child's game
Old 05-24-2018, 11:02 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Chris Long sums it up pretty well:

“This is fear of a diminished bottom line. It’s also fear of a president turning his base against a corporation. This ¡s not patriotism. Don’t get it confused. These owners don’t love America more than the players demonstrating and taking real action to improve it. It also lets you, the fan, know where our league stands. I will continue to be committed to affecting change with my platform. I’m someone who’s always looked at the anthem as a declaration of ideals, including the right to peaceful protest. Our league continues to fall short on this issue.”
Real action? LMAO
Old 05-24-2018, 11:03 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
You're so full of shit.... you're telling me you have watched players kneel every game for two years now, but if you see it one more time that's it?

Are you keeping an internal kneel count before you are fed up and had enough?

The fact that you still watch football after two years of this scandal, you arent exactly eating your own soup: "If you're truly committed to your cause, go for it."
I watched about ten minutes in the last two years

Fix it, cut the political bullshit I'll watch this year..
Old 05-24-2018, 11:05 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I hope it dies.

player exercising his 1st amendment rights?
1st amendment has nothing to do with employer rules

Nothing

none

zilch
Old 05-24-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
READING COMPREHENSION...

If you REALLY believe this country sucks, LEAVE for a better place.

Don't stay and cash a huge paycheck while protesting "unfairness". it makes you look stupid

Life isn't fair to anyone, anywhere, anytime... stop whining while making millions playing a child's game
Right, instead whine over the internet about what someone does quietly during a song. That makes you look intelligent.

It’s safe to say you know absolutely nothing about what this country is supposed to stand for. The land of the free? As long as you or Trump approve I guess.

Let me ask Testcase - have you served?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
FatDT (05-24-2018), omahacolt (05-24-2018)