ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 PM

Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
There are so many holes on this defense that I would rather Ballard upgrade a bunch of positions with "better" guys than blow is wad on one or two superstars

Back to my case for Micah Hyde. I would take the lesser of the contracts between he and Butler. I just hope Pags hasnt filled Ballard FOS saying he can make Butler or Robinson into a shutdown corner. BECAUSE HE CANT!!
micah hyde isn't very good. i take butler all day over him.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Ballard was just on Dakich.

He emphasized that he's not just defense first, that he's trenches first. He's all about being strong up front, offensively and defensively. He said that you never want to pass up a future Hall of Famer at a non position of need (mentioned Reggie Wayne), but if it's close, then he's gonna go with the guy that's strong up front (with that attitude, we likely end up with Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman).

I'm guessing this means no 1st round RB (probably for the best), but who knows if any of this is a smokescreen and we admittedly have no access to Ballard's board, so we have no idea if Ballard sees Cook/Fournette as being world's better and a future HOFer, I suppose.
Here is an interview Appears to me he would lean toward not spending a lot on anyone person and his reasons are well reasonable.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...3-162c3e42a99a

Quote:
“When you pay that amount of money, you have to be right on the character that you are bringing into your building.”

"He has to be a fit, he has to be a fit for what you are doing offensively and defensively. That’s where my fear of free agency comes in. Is he a good fit? Is he the type of person that is going to come in and the other players are not going to resent him because he is making an amount of money? If he is a worker and a good teammate and he is going to help us win then they will buy in and he will be a good player for us.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:10 AM

Zak Keefer‏ @zkeefer
On #Colts free agent front, was told yesterday team has had “zero discussions” with safety Mike Adams.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the 49ers, Titans, and Eagles will be "potential suitors" for free agent Alshon Jeffery if he hits the open market.
Anderson adds the Bears are interested in bringing Jeffery back, but it seems like that ship has sailed. The reality is most teams will be interested in Jeffery, who is easily the best receiver available in free agency. Jeffery could push A.J. Green ($15 million AAV) to be the second-highest paid receiver in the league.
Related: Eagles, 49ers, Titans
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Good, those are the sort of teams you would expect to be after him and I'm glad we're not one of them!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Impending free agent DE Calais Campbell will meet with the Cardinals at the combine.
After using the franchise tag on OLB Chandler Jones, it seems unlikely the Cardinals will be able to retain Campbell as well, but they certainly should give it a shot. Even going on 31, Campbell is the most impactful defensive lineman available on the market and should land a massive deal. With S Tony Jefferson also headed to free agency, Arizona's defense could take a big hit this offseason.
Source: ESPN

Certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing him onboard. Kick the tires, Ballard!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:03 AM

Jets coach Todd Bowles was non-committal on the future of DE Sheldon Richardson.
The Jets are fully expected to attempt to trade Richardson this offseason, but they might not like what they are offered. Richardson is undoubtedly talented, but he has a history of off-field issues and everyone knows the Jets want to trade him. ESPN's Rich Cimini has speculated they may have to settle for a third round pick.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Who here would give up a 3rd rounder for Sheldon Richardson?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Jets coach Todd Bowles was non-committal on the future of DE Sheldon Richardson.
The Jets are fully expected to attempt to trade Richardson this offseason, but they might not like what they are offered. Richardson is undoubtedly talented, but he has a history of off-field issues and everyone knows the Jets want to trade him. ESPN's Rich Cimini has speculated they may have to settle for a third round pick.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Who here would give up a 3rd rounder for Sheldon Richardson?
He seems like a player that is going to be suspended indefinitely sometime in the next two seasons. I'd rather sign Campbell. We don't need to add knuckleheads.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
He seems like a player that is going to be suspended indefinitely sometime in the next two seasons. I'd rather sign Campbell. We don't need to add knuckleheads.
i agree

although richardson would sure be a good fit
Old 03-02-2017, 03:46 PM

bbbboooooooooo fuck you ballard

you piece of shit

damn you alr.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Zak Keefer‏ @zkeefer
On #Colts free agent front, was told yesterday team has had “zero discussions” with safety Mike Adams.
Just saw that and came to post it. Sounds like a youth movement for real.