ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2023, 05:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Afternoon Indystar 10/6

Colts rule Shaquille Leonard, Bernhard Raimann out vs. Titans, no decision on Taylor

ylor yet
Nate Atkins
Indianapolis Star

INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts might get Jonathan Taylor back this week, but they'll be without at least one Pro Bowler against the Titans.

Linebacker Shaquille Leonard is out after missing the full week of practice with a groin injury. E.J. Speed will start in his place. The two had been splitting snaps in nickel packages as Leonard works back from a second back surgery.

Left tackle Bernhard Raimann and defensive end Kwity Paye are both out with brain injuries. They worked this week through the concussion protocol and were in red non-contact jerseys Friday but will need more time to clear.

Taylor is officially questionable for the game.

Fourth-round BYU rookie Blake Freeland will start at left tackle and Dayo Odeyingbo will start at defensive end. Freeland will have a tough task at a premium position, but last week's start against Aaron Donald and the Rams at least gave him a taste of the league.

Indianapolis Colts All-Pro linebacker Shaquille Leonard will miss Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans.
"I think it’s huge," coach Shane Steichen said. "Any time a young player gets to step in there, obviously a rookie, going out there for his first battle last week and then getting an opportunity this week, I think it definitely helps.”

Indianapolis will likely decide Saturday whether to elevate Taylor, the way it does with other game-day elevations following the team's walkthrough. He is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform List, though he has been practicing this week as part of a 21-day window. Taylor is listed as questionable on the injury report.

It was in Week 4 last season against the Titans at Lucas Oil Stadium when Taylor first hurt his ankle underneath a pile of linemen. This was his first week of practice since Week 13 of last season.

“If he plays on Sunday, obviously, first time getting hit in a while," Steichen said. "But again, he did a good job running the football, seeing the holes. Shoot, he’s a veteran player. He’s played a lot of football and shoot, he looked good.”

The Colts are 2-2 and in a four-way tie in the AFC South. They'll look to break a couple of streaks this week, as they've lost five straight games to the Titans and seven straight contests at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default What channel is Colts vs. Titans on? How to watch, picks, odds in NFL Week 5

What channel is Colts vs. Titans on? How to watch, picks, odds in NFL Week 5

Scott Horner
Indianapolis Star

SKIP

The Indianapolis Colts host the Tennessee Titans in an AFC South matchup in NFL Week 5 action.

The Colts (2-2) have played two straight overtime games, losing to the Los Angeles Rams in Week 4 after defeating the Baltimore Ravens in Week 3. Rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson has excited Colts fans, and running back Jonathan Taylor has returned to practice, though he remains on the PUP list.

The Titans (2-2) beat the Cincinnati Bengals 27-3 in Week 4, one week after losing to the Cleveland Browns by the same score. Quarterback Ryan Tannehill's performance has varied wildly, and running back Derrick Henry remains a key part of the attack.

ESPN's matchup predictor gives the Titans a 55.6% chance of winning.

More of what you should know:Colts missing two key defensive players, tackle to injuries; power rankings

Colts vs. Titans start time

1 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 8, 2023, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis

What channel is Colts vs. Titans on?

TV: CBS, with Spero Dedes (play-by-play), Adam Archuleta (analysis), Amanda Renner (sideline reporting)

Radio: 93.5, 97.1, 107.5 FM in Indianapolis, with Matt Taylor (play-by-play), Rick Venturi (analysis), Larra Overton (sideline reporting)

Streaming: SiriusXM Channels 225 and 813, ESPN+, Fubo, Paramount+, Sling, Dish, Amazon, NFL+

NFL Week 5 picks, predictions

Jacob Rebb, Pro Football Network: I really think Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry punish Indianapolis’ defense, and they steal a divisional game on the road — in an AFC South that currently has a four-way tie.

Sam Farmer, Los Angeles Times, Titans 24-21: Rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson was impressive in fighting back against the Rams last Sunday. Difficult to know what you’re getting from the Titans. They look lousy then great. Go with experience.

Anthony Dabbundo, Action Network, take over 42.5 points: With Richardson now pushing the ball downfield more, that means two things.

He will be going against the weakness of the Titans defense, but he’s also more likely to make mistakes and turn the ball over. The Colts have flown over in all three games on the faster turf this year — at home or in Houston — and the offensive explosiveness makes 42.5 too low.

Sheil Kapadia, The Ringer, take the Colts getting 1.5 points: The Titans are performing as expected: frisky, competitive, but imperfect. They got stomped by the Browns, 27-3, on the road in Week 3 and then rebounded with a 27-3 win at home over the Bengals in Week 4.

I see two evenly matched teams in this matchup. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Titans head coach Mike Vrabel come up with a game plan to frustrate Richardson, but I’m riding with the rookie. He’s consistently given the Colts chances to win.

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports, Titans 24-20: In a division where everybody has the same 2-2 record, this is an important early-season game. The Titans impressed in beating the Bengals last week, with the defense playing well. That will carry over here. The Titans will slow down Anthony Richardson and the Colts, while Derrick Henry has a big day. Titans take it.

NFL Week 5 odds: Colts vs. Rams

Via BetMGM

Favorite: Titans by 2.5 points

Over/under: 43 total points

Moneyline: Colts +120, Titans -145

Colts news from IndyStar

‘Relentless pursuit to be great’:How Zaire Franklin grew into a leadership role

Colts mailbagoes Chris Ballard regret trading Stephon Gilmore?

Dream duo:What would adding Taylor to Richardson mean for the Colts?

Titans news from the Tennessean

Lineman returns:Nicholas Petit-Frere shares feelings on return from NFL suspension

Impressive:Vrabel reflects on pre-draft meeting with Richardson

Colts vs. Titans weather

Cloudy skies with a high in the 50s. The Colts haven't decided whether the Lucas Oil Stadium roof and north end window will be open.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:19 PM

after reading the feedback on this board about Leonard, I'm cool with him not playing. JT concerns me, I want to see him play but I thought his first game would have a few turnovers, not being ready for a real thumping. What i really want from JT is a determination to be the man. If he can give the team that JT, I think we can make the playoffs.
CletusPyle (10-07-2023), JAFF (10-07-2023), Racehorse (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 05:25 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

People get signed off the streets and start the next game. Especially running backs. Let him play
Old 10-07-2023, 08:23 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
People get signed off the streets and start the next game. Especially running backs. Let him play
Doubt it's much of a question of letting as it is him choosing to unfortunately. This is all so fucking stupid. Get on the field, run for 1,500 in the last 3/4 of the season. Ask the Colts to set the market for the best RB in football (which I think they will), and if they don't, then reiterate the trade demands and you have to believe we would honor it at that point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-07-2023), Racehorse (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 08:55 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Doubt it's much of a question of letting as it is him choosing to unfortunately. This is all so fucking stupid. Get on the field, run for 1,500 in the last 3/4 of the season. Ask the Colts to set the market for the best RB in football (which I think they will), and if they don't, then reiterate the trade demands and you have to believe we would honor it at that point.
I agree...if JT plays well and stays healthy the rest of the season, the Colts need to make him a fair offer and if he still wants a trade then they should honor that. I believe had they taken that approach from the beginning some of this crap might not of taken place!