ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-21-2018, 11:20 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Aright you old fuckers, my time with the Colts didn't start until Indy. So I dug around the youtubes and found some highlightds

His release on this pass is not like anything I have ever seen, compact, powerful, the ball comes out almost next to his ear. He says he had 4 broken ribs at this time.
You got it. Thanks for the memories from this old fucker (and thankful to be one). He was beautiful to watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 01:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

That Manning-less team would have been bad enough whether it was Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, or Dan Orlovsky taking snaps behind the center.

Jim Caldwell made a solid contribution to that 2-14 season, also.

o
Didn't we try Kerry Collins and he died or something? I use that season as an example of everything Peyton did. I also started to wonder if Polian was losing it. He had one of the quickest release QB's in the league in Manning who was the most hit QB after release. He decided to replace him with Kerry Collins who had the slowest release of any starting QB. That would never end well.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I've watched and rooted for this team since Unitas was our quarterback. Watching this line block, especially run blocking, thrills and amazes me more than anything I can remember. The only thing that even comes close was watching Bert Jones (before his injury) throw a long ball. It was a freaking 50 yard line drive (or so it seemed to me) that came out of a throwing motion that had to be seen to be believed.
I remember one play, Colts opened the game at their own 20. Jones dropped back to the 13 and launched a rocket that Roger Carr caught in stride at the opponents 10 yard line. Beautiful.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I remember one play, Colts opened the game at their own 20. Jones dropped back to the 13 and launched a rocket that Roger Carr caught in stride at the opponents 10 yard line. Beautiful.
Roger Carr. Now there was a deep threat
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
o

That Manning-less team would have been bad enough whether it was Kerry Collins, Curtis Painter, or Dan Orlovsky taking snaps behind the center.

Jim Caldwell made a solid contribution to that 2-14 season, also.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Didn't we try Kerry Collins, and he died or something? I use that season as an example of everything Peyton did. I also started to wonder if Polian was losing it. He had one of the quickest release QB's in the league in Manning who was the most hit QB after release. He decided to replace him with Kerry Collins who had the slowest release of any starting QB. That would never end well.

o

The problem with Collins is that the Colts signed him at the last minute.

If Collins had been signed several months earlier, he at least would have been somewhat familiar with the offense ........ he wasn't.

In fact, Reggie Wayne was critical of the signing for that reason. As much as a drop-off as Manning to Painter would have been, Painter (according to Wayne) was at least familiar with the Colts' offense, having been with the team for all of the 2009 and 2010 seasons plus all of training camp in 2011.

Wayne was correct ........ they either should have signed Collins several months earlier, or not even bothered at all. As it was, it was a waste of the $4 Million that Polian spent on him for that ill-fated season.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-21-2018, 03:43 PM

Roger Carr 1979 45 catches 11 tds average yards per catch 25.9 For a career he averaged 18.7 yards per catch
Old 12-21-2018, 03:57 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

Aright you old fuckers, my time with the Colts didn't start until Indy. So I dug around the youtubes and found some highlights.

His release on this pass is not like anything I have ever seen, compact, powerful, the ball comes out almost next to his ear. He says he had 4 broken ribs at this time.

o

I saw that game. It was on Monday Night Football.

In fact, Mike Curtis was playing for the other team (the Redskins) in the final season of his career. On one play Jones slid near the sidelines to avoid getting hit, but Don Meredith asserted that Curtis still wanted to hit him.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (12-21-2018), Pez (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 05:17 PM

It's really nice to see that there are some fans here who have also persevered thru decades of shitty teams to arrive where we are now. One time I actually had a girl at a convenience store counter in Reno laugh at me when I bought a Colts lighter. Good for you guys. I'm sure you are enjoying this big time.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
o
Wayne was correct ........ they either should have signed Collins several months earlier, or not even bothered at all. As it was, it was a waste of the $4 Million that Polian spent on him for that ill-fated season.

o
Wasn't that also the lockout off-season? So the colts doctors couldn't monitor Peyton. And all of free agency happened the last week of July.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

It's really nice to see that there are some fans here who have also persevered thru decades of shitty teams to arrive where we are now. One time I actually had a girl at a convenience store counter in Reno laugh at me when I bought a Colts lighter. Good for you guys. I'm sure you are enjoying this big time.

o

Even the fans who didn't come on board until 1984 have sustained a lot of crappy seasons ...... believe it or not, the Colts have now been in Indianapolis (1984 - Present) longer than they were in Baltimore (1953 - 1983.)

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (12-21-2018)