ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2022, 06:35 PM

Ryan's arm is no stronger than Ehlingers'. On the pass to Campbell setting up a 1st and goal at the 4, a bullet pass would have resulted in a TD.

With his 4.37 speed, why don't they have any pitchout run plays that have Taylor going wide? It's always up the gut and I believe the Eagles over played the middle run play.

Finally, I believe they did the wideout behind the LOS 3 or 4 times and it was never successful. I was telling my friend Andy, why not call that, and have Ryan pump fake it, then go deep to a WR running a cross pattern?
Old 11-20-2022, 06:42 PM

This is simply a poorly constructed team. Best running back in the league and an immobile QB makes OL play even more critical. They gambled at LT and RG and lost. That has cost them another season. Hopefully Raimann develops.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:04 PM

Thanked 4,398 Times in 2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Ryan's arm is no stronger than Ehlingers'. On the pass to Campbell setting up a 1st and goal at the 4, a bullet pass would have resulted in a TD.

With his 4.37 speed, why don't they have any pitchout run plays that have Taylor going wide? It's always up the gut and I believe the Eagles over played the middle run play.

Finally, I believe they did the wideout behind the LOS 3 or 4 times and it was never successful. I was telling my friend Andy, why not call that, and have Ryan pump fake it, then go deep to a WR running a cross pattern?
Henry gets most of his big runs on pitches outside. Taylor is faster. We need to emulate that strategy with Taylor.
Pez (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
16 points?

10-point 4th qtr collapse?

Less than 50 yards rushing after the first drive? Less than 200 yards passing?

Early down runs over and over?

Defense played fucking great but gets gassed by the end?

This was all Frank Reich stuff, right? Smartest guy in the room stuff?
Ballard will always be the problem when team isn't winning in his tenure with the team...
Old 11-20-2022, 07:12 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtBlue View Post
Ballard will always be the problem when team isn't winning in his tenure with the team...
what?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 07:13 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
You can live with Raimann going forward and maybe Fries, too, expecting growing pains. But our vet OL has not played up to standard this season. And we severely miss Jack Doyle and all the "boring" stuff he did so well in run and pass games (MAC is pretty invisible). By the way, we still don't seem to do much creative in the run design, particularly wide, which might loosen thing ups.

Ryan does a lot of stuff well. Still don't feel like we stretch the D out enough. Ryan apparently isn't confident going over the top and even the medium stuff has our WR's waiting on the ball a noticeable amount of time. I think that tightens things up, too, both pass and run game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems clogged all the time. And Reich's gameplanning doesn't seem to be the issue. It produced before and I wonder if we'll miss him when/if we get a young QB settled.
nelson and kelly are a fucking problem

want to know whats wrong with the team? start there. if not their play, their leadership. if you want to call it that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ColtBlue (11-20-2022), JAFF (11-20-2022), Pez (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 07:16 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

The Colts played one of the best teams to a standstill for 50 minutes. I would like to see more aggressive offensive play calling. Why not? Go for it, rest of the season.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 07:16 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

Agree on the outside runs. They used the Eagles' aggression on the screens for a deeper throw once that I recall. Pittman faked the pick, they all jumped pump fake to Campbell, and Pittman was open for a 15 yard throw. One of those throws that seemed to lack zip and he kind of got hung out and took an immediate big shot to the ribs. Luckily he's a big dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
This is simply a poorly constructed team. Best running back in the league and an immobile QB makes OL play even more critical. They gambled at LT and RG and lost. That has cost them another season. Hopefully Raimann develops.
You clamor to get rid of Ballard the same way guys clamored to get rid of Reich.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can live with Raimann going forward and maybe Fries, too, expecting growing pains. But our vet OL has not played up to standard this season. And we severely miss Jack Doyle and all the "boring" stuff he did so well in run and pass games (MAC is pretty invisible). By the way, we still don't seem to do much creative in the run design, particularly wide, which might loosen thing ups.

Ryan does a lot of stuff well. Still don't feel like we stretch the D out enough. Ryan apparently isn't confident going over the top and even the medium stuff has our WR's waiting on the ball a noticeable amount of time. I think that tightens things up, too, both pass and run game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems clogged all the time. And Reich's gameplanning doesn't seem to be the issue. It produced before and I wonder if we'll miss him when/if we get a young QB settled.
In bold, I've been saying it. Ballard didn't help depth chart on both sides of the ball. He didn't replace one of the best blocking TEs in the game.

He didn't do good at replacing Glowinksi or Reed..
Old 11-20-2022, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
what?
Long is Ballard is with team. We will go no where.. Yeah I'm drinking and see the problem.. lol