ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 11:26 AM

The Giants taking Chubb at two is most likely the ideal scenario for Ballard. Much better than them trading the pic to Buffalo. Ballard prefers to trade down and wants QBs on the board at 6 to make that enticing. Chubb at two, Barkley at 4, and Nelson at 5 would make Ballard’s day. Considering his approach and the number of holes on the roster, it’s likely the best route available. As much as I want Chubb, a few extra picks in rounds 1-3 is best case for the Colts.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:35 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The Giants taking Chubb at two is most likely the ideal scenario for Ballard. Much better than them trading the pic to Buffalo. Ballard prefers to trade down and wants QBs on the board at 6 to make that enticing. Chubb at two, Barkley at 4, and Nelson at 5 would make Ballard’s day. Considering his approach and the number of holes on the roster, it’s likely the best route available. As much as I want Chubb, a few extra picks in rounds 1-3 is best case for the Colts.
I was thinking about this too, but there's just no way only two QBs going top 5.

1) Buffalo trades up to 2 or 4.
2) Elway doesn't pass on a QB if there are still two to choose from. He probably takes Allen.

I still think the most likely outcome is 4 QBs in the top 5, which makes a trade down a lot less likely. We'd be looking at Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I was thinking about this too, but there's just no way only two QBs going top 5.

1) Buffalo trades up to 2 or 4.
2) Elway doesn't pass on a QB if there are still two to choose from. He probably takes Allen.

I still think the most likely outcome is 4 QBs in the top 5, which makes a trade down a lot less likely. We'd be looking at Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson.
Yeah I don’t think it’s the likely scenario, just the ideal one for Ballard and the Colts. I’m guessing 3 QBs in the top 5 and either Barkley or Nelson being available of the “premier” non QBs. With the premium placed on pass rushers I just don’t see how Chubb makes it to 6.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Schefter is also saying that Giants are in full rebuild mode. Eli is 37, does anyone thin they go from 2 wins to competitive before he retires? You take the QB 10 times out of 10 in that situation. They're in the same situation as we were in 2012.

Be more concerned about Browns and Broncos. Either picking themselves or trading.
Seems like every New York franchise is competing as much for headlines and star power as they are for wins and losses. I don't think any of the QB's in the draft move the needle much for buzz and ticket sales, let alone progress toward making the playoffs. They should see more value in taking a name in free agency or via trade at QB to soften the blow of Eli's name no longer having as much value. Someone like Foles or another QB who loses out in a QB battle on another team.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:17 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Seems like every New York franchise is competing as much for headlines and star power as they are for wins and losses. I don't think any of the QB's in the draft move the needle much for buzz and ticket sales, let alone progress toward making the playoffs. They should see more value in taking a name in free agency or via trade at QB to soften the blow of Eli's name no longer having as much value. Someone like Foles or another QB who loses out in a QB battle on another team.
Giants saw the Jests moving up and know they are taking a QB. No way they let the Jests get the better QB this year and they have to watch the team sharing the town have a star QB because they did not get him before they could.
Indiana V2 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah I don’t think it’s the likely scenario, just the ideal one for Ballard and the Colts. I’m guessing 3 QBs in the top 5 and either Barkley or Nelson being available of the “premier” non QBs. With the premium placed on pass rushers I just don’t see how Chubb makes it to 6.
I agree...I'm really sceptical that Chubb will make it to six....all the national guys that I see ranking the non QBs have Chubb ahead of Barkley and Nelson at 3. Just saw 3 scenarios on Total Access tonight.....one scenario was 2 QBs taken in top 5, one was 3 QBs taken in top 5, third was 4 QBs in top 5 and in all 3 scenarios Chubb was taken before 6.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Giants saw the Jests moving up and know they are taking a QB. No way they let the Jests get the better QB this year and they have to watch the team sharing the town have a star QB because they did not get him before they could.
Wouldn't that be something if Darnold and Rosen both went from LA schools to New York professional teams.
Racehorse (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Because 1-5 need QBs, 4 of them are good enough to take top 5, and the Browns covet Barkley.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Because 1-5 need QBs, 4 of them are good enough to take top 5, and the Browns covet Barkley.
One of the Cleveland pics is a QB. So is the Jets pick at 3. Giants pick is a toss up - should be a QB, but it’s far from a given. They’ve been linked with all three non QBs. I doubt the Broncos go QB after free agency. They are making a last run with their remaining core. So 2 that surely look like QB, one that’s 50/50 and two others I don’t think will be unless their is a trade. Not impossible to see 4 QBs, but I’ll still stick with my guess of 3. And even if there are 4 QBs taken, pass rushers are typically valued much higher than both rbs and guards in the modern NFL. I’d love for Chubb to be available at 6, but it would be pretty surprising to me.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:34 PM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
One of the Cleveland pics is a QB. So is the Jets pick at 3. Giants pick is a toss up - should be a QB, but it’s far from a given. They’ve been linked with all three non QBs. I doubt the Broncos go QB after free agency. They are making a last run with their remaining core. So 2 that surely look like QB, one that’s 50/50 and two others I don’t think will be unless their is a trade. Not impossible to see 4 QBs, but I’ll still stick with my guess of 3. And even if there are 4 QBs taken, pass rushers are typically valued much higher than both rbs and guards in the modern NFL. I’d love for Chubb to be available at 6, but it would be pretty surprising to me.
I agree.

As much as it pains me to say it, trading for 3x 2nd round pick to drop 3 spots pretty much doomed us from getting Chubb.

Now, Nelson + 3 2nd round picks is a pretty nice consolidation prize for Chubb if that happens. If not Nelson, then I hope that we can trade down again and target Edmunds or Smith at LB. Both have the athleticism to be our Brian Urlacher for the next decade.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Chaka (03-26-2018)