ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
It had this vibe all along.

Unfortunately it appears we are fans of a team that is ultimately concerned with making $ without creating a winning product that sells.

Chris Carter has said only 8 teams are really trying to win. The other 24 are just there to make money.
Chris Carter is a dumb ass diva. He doesn't know shit about the other 24 teams. He only talks to hear his own damn voice. Can't stand that SOB.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

The between the ears comments were really shitty. It's too close to "soft tissue" and "pain management" bullshit that team's bring out when they're trying to say "This player is being a wuss and needs to sack up."

Luck is the farthest thing from that. He's taken more abuse than any starting QB should and he's played at a very high level while doing it. High enough to make this team seem way better than it is. Good enough to keep some real losers on this roster and staff employed. Including people whose job it was to protect him, but they were incapable. That shit really pisses me off and it's why I don't give the team the benefit of the doubt with the Davis situation.

And to be honest I'm not impressed with Ballard through this. Is like to see him freed from Pagano and from Irsay if indeed Irsay is meddling day to day. I haven't given up on him. But he's the GM and this team is not being managed well. And that extends beyond coaching.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Mr. Session (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:03 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Many people have said that the last part of rehab is getting over the mental barrier of re-injury. If irsay thought that luck was close to physically healed, that could have been what he meant with the "between the ears" comment, that Luck only needs to clear the mental part. However, it seems the physical part was far from complete. (I dont remember exactly at what point in the rehab irsay said this). Irsay isnt always the most articulate with his points, I think sometimes people blow what he says out of proportion. People should treat what he says as a mentally aging owner and listen to what our GM says.

Last edited by rcubed; 11-10-2017 at 12:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:20 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
This was significant enough it deserves its own post...Dakitch claims that back when Andrew started throwing again (and the cameras were rolling) that Andrew sent a text to a buddy of his and claimed the following: "I'm not even close. They're just putting me out there to sell tickets". Dakitch claims that text was shared with a tv buddy of Dakitch' who shared it with Dakitch. Dan confronted Ballard with that as "proof" that Irsay is lying to his fan base. Ballard said that anyone who knows Andrew would know that text would never come from Andrew. His texts are 1 to 2 words at most. He doesn't text that way. Dakitch offered to share the name of the tv person who supposedly got the text off air.
This doesn’t add up. Luck was out there throwing 40 yard passes with zip according to press who were allowed to view that part of practice. Luck also spoke after that practice, all smiles, saying that he could see “the finish line.”

Maybe this was months ago and the TV person isn’t lying, but it doesn’t pass the sniff test for the latest issue.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I don't believe this at all. Irsay hasn't been a cheapskate during his tenure as owner, and I think he's probably gone a little over the top trying to extinguish everyone's memory of his father's reign of terror. Not saying the guy's perfect - far from it - but I generally get the impression that his heart's in the right place in most instances. Kind of a benevolent hippy with the Jack Kerouac/drug things and all.

If anything, I'd say that he's run this LESS like a business than most, and things like his personal attachment/feelings towards coaches and players have sometimes gotten in the way of what's best for the organization and, by extension I suppose, the profitability of his business.
I think this is a really good take on Irsay. Personally, I think he's a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve and could possibly be too loyal. This could explain him keeping Grigs and Pags past their expiration date. I was too young to follow the Colts in his Dad's time, but I think he's tried to steer clear of Bob's legacy while making his own bad decisions.

People still call him out over his Twitter antics, but I've followed him for years and besides fan contest stuff he's been pretty quiet on that front since his arrest. The guy probably needs to step back and let his daughters run things. The franchise is looking pretty dysfunctional, but winning cures all. Hopefully next season a new coaching staff and healthy Luck make Sunday fun again.