ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2017, 06:48 AM

When I went into the voting booth....I almost voted for Johnson just because of the two top choices being so piss poor. But I ended up voting for Trump due to the SCOTUS. Hillary was a complete joke of a candidate. Its amazing that a major political party actually put her up for President. Trump isn't much better of a choice but the SCOTUS hanging in the balance forced me to vote for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts2006 For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-17-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 AM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts2006 View Post
When I went into the voting booth....I almost voted for Johnson just because of the two top choices being so piss poor. But I ended up voting for Trump due to the SCOTUS. Hillary was a complete joke of a candidate. Its amazing that a major political party actually put her up for President. Trump isn't much better of a choice but the SCOTUS hanging in the balance forced me to vote for him.
Trump was a much worse choice. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

i am sure Clinton would have picked a fine scotus nominee. Trump is an embarrassment to this country on a world wide level. He is a puppet for Putin.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:50 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
One would be a President you disagreed with but could live with keeping the executive branch alive until you can vote for a better candidate 4 years later.

The other already has the executive branch in shambles, is embarrassing the country on an international stage and is making a mockery of the office.
"keeping the executive branch alive" Sort of like in the exact same vein as the previous President who rarely worked with Congress and tried to lone wolf everything with the use of his pen and phone?

Is that what you mean by "keeping the executive branch alive?"

Honestly, you may agree with one viewpoint of how a nation should be run over the other viewpoint (Dem or Rep) but the methods that were used to run the nation under Obama were terrible.

Both Trump and Clinton were going to continue using those same methods instead of actually trying to meet in the middle with anyone who is not a 100% supporter. Why? Because Obama showed that they can work for a short time until the other guys get into office. And then it all gets overturned.

That is a terrible way to run a nation. Finding common ground and passing laws that have general support by both sides ensures that those laws last past the end of your administration and give long term stability to the framework of how our nation is to run.

Whip sawing back and forth across the road from one side to the other is a much less effective way of driving down the road than just driving down the middle of the road.

Quote:
Of course, if you're blindly for a Muslim ban without thinking beyond that, I cannot help you.
The nations that were in the travel ban:

Libya, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia

The 10 largest Muslim nations by population:

Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco

You do realize that there is only one nation that is common to those two lists: Iran.

However, all 7 of the nations on the travel ban have been designated as nations that support the use of designated terror organizations and methods since at least 2010....and were so labeled during the Obama Administration.

Muslim ban, indeed.

Cheers,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (08-30-2017), Puck (02-18-2017), Spike (02-17-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 09:10 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
That's just your partisan shining through. They both sucked. No, Hillary was not better than Trump and you can not perpetuate enough bull shit to even make that somewhat plausible. That cunt had as much or more baggage than that dufus had. They are both embarrassments to their respective party. With Trump being so unqualified, yet other than liberal Utopia Komifornia the country voted for him anyway. They did so out of frustration from failed policy the previous 8 years. Hell who we kidding, the last 3/4 of a century.

I voted for Trump. I had one reason and one reason only. Scotus. He didn't disappoint with his selection either. I hope the other ole hag retires this year, too. One more appointee and the SC will be set for damn near an entire generation. Everybody screams and shouts about both the idiots, like they are really anything other than figure heads. It's laughable really. Mattis was a good decision in his cabinet. So far he has pretty much been the only bright spot of Trumps pick sans the Scotus pick.

Now I set back and wait for the eventual collapse of this albatross. It's not even an if, it's when.
So, going to let you in on a secret: referring to women as cunts and being a misogynist in the year 2017 is really gross, and really suggests you shouldn't be taken seriously. "Komifornia" doesn't work much better for your argument that you made any kind of a rational, informed decision, rather than something based on total ignorance.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
"keeping the executive branch alive" Sort of like in the exact same vein as the previous President who rarely worked with Congress and tried to lone wolf everything with the use of his pen and phone?
The Congress that explicitly stated their goal was to oppose any policy or legislation he put in action? Right. Keep telling yourself the President, not the opposition-controlled Congress, was the problem. Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

The nations that were in the travel ban:

Libya, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia

The 10 largest Muslim nations by population:

Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco

You do realize that there is only one nation that is common to those two lists: Iran.

However, all 7 of the nations on the travel ban have been designated as nations that support the use of designated terror organizations and methods since at least 2010....and were so labeled during the Obama Administration.

Muslim ban, indeed.
I was saying: if you're just blindingly for "banning Muslims" (not saying you are, the general you), I can't help you because you're inherently exclusionist (/racist/xenophobic/etc.)

If you're going to use the OBAMA SAID THESE NATIONS argument, A) exactly, which is why rigorous screening was introduced for immigrants coming in from those nations, and the "extreme vetting" proposed by Trump are just words that don't mean anything, as this policy is already in place and B) we continue to ignore Saudi Arabia, which of course presented the US with an actual terrorist influx.

The whole terrorist/Muslim/7 countries/whatever conversation completely falls apart, to me, when you look at the terrorist acts committed in the US and acknowledge how many are committed by white, native US citizens. And they're often committed with automatic weapons, by people with varying degrees of mental illness.

So Trump looking to roll back gun laws preventing certain individuals from mental illness from purchasing firearms feels particularly egregious and more the problem than anything to do with any of those 7 nations.

(And that's not even a partisan thing. Obama didn't try nearly hard enough to fight the NRA lobby either, because like most politicians, he didn't want to take on the NRA lobby.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (02-17-2017), omahacolt (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
So, going to let you in on a secret: referring to women as cunts and being a misogynist in the year 2017 is really gross, and really suggests you shouldn't be taken seriously. "Komifornia" doesn't work much better for your argument that you made any kind of a rational, informed decision, rather than something based on total ignorance.
Well, Satan was already taken. Plus there is the whole if the shoe fits wear that bitch like ya own it. Best you can do is misogynist? At least try being original. Fucking liberals are all exactly the same. It's like a bunch of robots who spew the same shit. That state is exactly what it is, a liberal utopia. Here is a hint? I wasn't looking for your fucking approval on what I replied. Believe that shit, I don't give a damn about your feelings or opinion?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-18-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Well, Satan was already taken. Plus there is the whole if the shoe fits wear that bitch like ya own it. Best you can do is misogynist? At least try being original. Fucking liberals are all exactly the same. It's like a bunch of robots who spew the same shit. That state is exactly what it is, a liberal utopia. Here is a hint? I wasn't looking for your fucking approval on what I replied. Believe that shit, I don't give a damn about your feelings or opinion?
So you take pride in being a gross human being. Cool.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
So you take pride in being a gross human being. Cool.
I take pride in not giving a damn what people think about me. You included. Unlike some of you sorry asses I don't play all over the internet all day looking for some kind of approval of what I am. The left needs a new shtick, cause the playbook y'all keep reading from is stale. Ya act like voting really makes a difference. If it did they wouldn't let us do it. So I Trudge on everyday not looking for anyone's approval, or caring about who's feelings I hurt. Just because you have some opinion, or you pick a side cause it makes you feel good, or you think it is some kind of special morality, guess what? It's your fucking opinion. Doesn't make you right cause you think it is. Country is full of a bunch of special little snowflakes. What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-18-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 07:16 PM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
I take pride in not giving a damn what people think about me. You included. Unlike some of you sorry asses I don't play all over the internet all day looking for some kind of approval of what I am. The left needs a new shtick, cause the playbook y'all keep reading from is stale. Ya act like voting really makes a difference. If it did they wouldn't let us do it. So I Trudge on everyday not looking for anyone's approval, or caring about who's feelings I hurt. Just because you have some opinion, or you pick a side cause it makes you feel good, or you think it is some kind of special morality, guess what? It's your fucking opinion. Doesn't make you right cause you think it is. Country is full of a bunch of special little snowflakes. What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.
does this mean anything at all?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 09:38 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
What a pity when the rest of the world looks in at us all they see is a bunch of little butt hurt pussies carrying signs cause some fucking moron with orange hair scares them with words.
Have you ever been to another country or paid any attention to foreign news? Protests towards governments happen all the time and sometimes in places where it can get them killed.