ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM

Maybe we'll have a new top-flight rookie defensive back (Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick) for you to help bring along next year, Hooker.

Hopefully we'll have a coaching staff intelligent enough to play Quincy Wilson, as well.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:53 PM

Default Over/under 20

Just forcing myself to listen to Chuckles 430 presser......could only stomach about 8 min of a 13 min video but here are some highlights
1. Re injuries....Kelly hammy not bad and will be back to limited practice on Wednesday along with Goode and drumroll......Geathers. Re Geathers, doesn't expect him to play until after bye week at earliest assuming no setbacks
2. Re the shit show that was Jax, yes folks twice in the 8 min he said: "we're on to Cincinnati"
3. I counted how many times he said "you know" in the first 8 minutes just to amuse myself.....the over/under is 20.......any guesses? I didn't count "ums" cause it would have been at least 5 times the you knows.

That's it. Nothing else of value there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-23-2017), smitty46953 (10-23-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 01:06 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

I agree with all the anger, but honestly, what do we expect him to say. honestly, if you were in his shoes what would you say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I agree with all the anger, but honestly, what do we expect him to say. honestly, if you were in his shoes what would you say.

I'd say....Playoffs! Playoffs! Don't talk to me about playoffs! I'm just trying to win a freaking game!! Playoffs?!?!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Butter (10-25-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
"I quit" would be a decent start.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (10-26-2017), southside asshole (10-25-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 12:58 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
"I quit" would be a decent start.
If he quits now he won't get those sweet contract buyout dollars.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
If he quits now he won't get those sweet contract buyout dollars.
According to Dam, he'll be hired one nanosecond after he's fired, so I'm sure he's unconcerned with being flush with cash.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I know I read that and was appalled too....I later read that Hooker refused the cart.....wanted to get off the field under his own steam.....still I think the medical staff should have the authority to tell him to sit his ass down so he doesn't do more damage.
He's no pussy- Edge walked off the field with a torn ACL
Old 10-25-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure, but anything he says that continues to insinuate that he thinks he has any idea what he's doing is going to be regarded by me as straight up lying from now on.

I mean, at some point the cliches and standard talking points become insulting, don't they? At some point all the chop wood one game at a time blah blah is nothing but a bold refusal to acknowledge the utter failure to perform at the basic expectations of his job.

"We're on to Cincinatti." Fuck you, Chuck. That doesn't cut it. We all know the damn schedule.

If anything, his inability to stray from the standard lines in the face of such extenuating circumstance is really part & parcel of his entire tenure as the HC of this team, isn't it? His press conferences are like little mini replays of the games themselves - when things go haywire and the situation changes, he's caught totally flat-footed, unprepared and unequipped to adjust and react.
The Following User Says Thank You to southside asshole For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 11:10 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside asshole View Post
I'm not exactly sure, but anything he says that continues to insinuate that he thinks he has any idea what he's doing is going to be regarded by me as straight up lying from now on.

I mean, at some point the cliches and standard talking points become insulting, don't they? At some point all the chop wood one game at a time blah blah is nothing but a bold refusal to acknowledge the utter failure to perform at the basic expectations of his job.

"We're on to Cincinatti." Fuck you, Chuck. That doesn't cut it. We all know the damn schedule.

If anything, his inability to stray from the standard lines in the face of such extenuating circumstance is really part & parcel of his entire tenure as the HC of this team, isn't it? His press conferences are like little mini replays of the games themselves - when things go haywire and the situation changes, he's caught totally flat-footed, unprepared and unequipped to adjust and react.

When I first saw your name I thought you were another one of Dam's accounts then I read the post and was assured you were not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
southside asshole (10-25-2017)