ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
I mentioned trade back Chubb or Barkley if we pick 3rd Nah, gotta protect the QB Quenton Nelson here for me !!!
We can get a guard later. We need a pass rush and if there is a chance we get the best one in the draft, then do it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Brylok (02-26-2018), Chromeburn (02-26-2018), Indiana V2 (02-27-2018), njcoltfan (02-28-2018), Oldcolt (02-26-2018), rcubed (02-26-2018), Spike (02-27-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 11:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Your best work Dammy !!!

I want to trade back a few spots if possible and grab Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame
Quenton Nelson OG ND

Strengths: Excellent size for the position and displays excellent strength in game situations. Road grader who quickly resets the line of scrimmage in the run game as an inline blocker. Displays excellent athleticism on designed pulls and is highly effective in space at creating second level blocks and breaking open running lanes in the run game. Rarely gives ground when pass blocking. Intelligent as a pass blocker, rarely fooled by blitzes and easily passes off blocks, switches assignments with ease when necessary, and looks for a player to block when one isn't readily presented. Good technician who will maintain good blocks through hand chops, rips, and other handfighting by opposing DLs. Effective as a second level blocker in the screen game and knows how to time moving to block the screen correctly. Consistency could be most impressive aspect of his game, he rarely has a bad play and is a high effort player who doesn't take plays off.

Weaknesses: Occasionally misses assignments when pulling or blocking in space. Occasionally plays too high and allows himself to be driven back by an effective bull rush or by a strong DT who wins the leverage battle. Can be overzealous in chasing down blocks at times, going as far as crossing the formation to try to block incoming edge blitzers, and this has at times allowed pressure to come from the gap he vacated. Could improve footwork.

Other: "Safe Bet" prospect, likely to be high quality starting OG in NFL.

Player Comparison: Kevin Zeitler
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (02-27-2018), Racehorse (02-27-2018), smitty46953 (02-27-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 07:27 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Lots of CBs on the market that are CB1 material whom are "only" going to cost cap space going forward.

Peters has undeniable skills; he also has undeniable off field issues. If Ballard passed, I will put my trust in him since he knows him so well.

Walk Worthy,
Old 02-27-2018, 08:56 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Maybe you're getting better at this Dammy.

Certainly better than when you wanted this guy as our 1st rd draft pick a few years ago:

Old 02-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Post whore

Roquan Smith LB UGA

Strengths: Plays very fast and can close on the ball or ballcarrier in a hurry. Excellent in coverage. Highly effective in short zones and spy assignments. Can also run with receivers and tight ends deep downfield and make plays in coverage. Very fluid in space and has sideline to sideline range. Reacts very quickly after diagnosing the play and usually puts himself in good position as a result. Closes quickly in the run game and does not allow ballcarriers to get around him to the outside. Aggressive and violent when making contact, often ending plays quickly. Excellent blitzer, especially from A gap position, knows how to time well and how to attack empty lanes to get pressure on the QB.

Weaknesses: Struggles to shed blocks, at times in costly ways in the run game. Occasionally misdiagnoses a play and puts himself in a bad spot. Can be overaggressive in pursuit at times, causing him to run himself out of a play or miss a tackle. Needs to be a better wrap up tackler, misses tackles occasionally going for the big hit.

Other: Has the skillset for 4-3 MLB, 4-3 WLB, or 3-4 ILB at the next level.

Player Comparison: Brian Urlacher
Old 02-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Maybe you're getting better at this Dammy.

Certainly better than when you wanted this guy as our 1st rd draft pick a few years ago:

As I recall Landon Collins was my first choice for that pick, and I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this board that backs me up on that. That said, Kikaha had a pretty good rookie campaign before tearing his ACL, and has been far more productive of a pick than Philip Dorsett.

I also think after that last scouting report is a great time to say again that the player comparisons represent best case scenarios for each player. A more likely high end scenario for Roquan Smith is Deone Buchanon or Donnie Edwards, but if he really buiks up, keeps his speed, and learns how to shed a block the coverage skills and blitzing skills work for it.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:59 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
As I recall Landon Collins was my first choice for that pick, and I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this board that backs me up on that. That said, Kikaha had a pretty good rookie campaign before tearing his ACL, and has been far more productive of a pick than Philip Dorsett.

I also think after that last scouting report is a great time to say again that the player comparisons represent best case scenarios for each player. A more likely high end scenario for Roquan Smith is Deone Buchanon or Donnie Edwards, but if he really buiks up, keeps his speed, and learns how to shed a block the coverage skills and blitzing skills work for it.
You really CAN"t admit it when wrong, can you? Omaha is right about you. Your dick must be microscopic. I feel sorry for Mrs. Dam.
omahacolt (02-28-2018), YDFL Commish (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 11:38 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Kollman has a new film room episode on Quenton Nelson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI5RXX3i9i4

Also, here's the one where he says the Colts should draft Barkley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7dtDoZv3Oc&t=2s
Old 02-28-2018, 05:23 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
You really CAN"t admit it when wrong, can you? Omaha is right about you. Your dick must be microscopic. I feel sorry for Mrs. Dam.
1) he is seriously still a virgin. There is no mrs. dam.

2). He has always lacked integrity. Damold has the same personality traits as the person he claims to dislike. I have no idea how people like Damold look at themselves in the mirror on a daily basis.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

Name one person on this board that thought that recommended Phillip Dorsett as our 1st rd. pick. There aren't any.

You however lobbied greatly for Kikaha, and you can't deny that.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-28-2018)