ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-09-2021, 07:18 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Must be really racist to call them all stupid.
Racist? Plenty of stupid people of all colors. Plenty of white dumbasses in IN
Old 08-09-2021, 07:32 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
If you are black and paranoid about white run institutions you have a good grasp of reality.
I understand that issue, it does NOT work in a public health emergency. Any person, what ever their sex, color, age, faith have access to a FREE vaccination. A virus doesnt care about politics or history.

Children's hospitals are now reaching max capacity as this virus has mutated, and the mortality rate for that group is rising. The long term effect on children is severe. Those are FACTS, go to the Mayo Clinic web site if you wont believe the CDC or FDA.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
That could be part of why Leonard is reluctant. Sadly, racists in this group will malign the dude without asking for a valid reason. This is considered a valid reason among the community.
So it COULD be part of the reason, but we are racist if we call out Leonard for an anti vax stance? Get the fuck out of here. Especially coming from someone who it sounds like just found out about one of the many the reasons for the AA communities mistrust. Regardless of whether or not this is part of Leonard’s reluctance, the fact is he is damaging his community. We can guess if it’s out of ignorance, selfishness, or mistrust, but he sure as fuck is not being a leader and should be called out on it. The AA community has been hit hard by COVID and, just like the rest of the US, they need leaders to come out and vocally help encourage people to do what is best for the community. That’s what leaders do. Leonard isn’t being a leader on this team or in his community by holding an ignorant stance regardless of the reason. And he deserves to be called out for it - just like all the ignorant people on the right.

Last edited by rm1369; 08-09-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:27 AM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
I don't understand what this has to do with COVID vaccinations. Do you have a point to make?
There are many black people who know the history of their mistreatment at the hands of government and medical authorities. Even though the vaccine is different, black communities remain skeptical and concerned. I know this first hand because many in my wife's family refuse the vaccine on these grounds. It frustrates me but that's their concern.

I'm sure many black athletes have this on their mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-09-2021), Racehorse (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 10:10 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I understand that issue, it does NOT work in a public health emergency. Any person, what ever their sex, color, age, faith have access to a FREE vaccination. A virus doesnt care about politics or history.

Children's hospitals are now reaching max capacity as this virus has mutated, and the mortality rate for that group is rising. The long term effect on children is severe. Those are FACTS, go to the Mayo Clinic web site if you wont believe the CDC or FDA.

It is good that you are capable of trust with a group that has fucked you over and over and over again because it is a public health issue. I know nobody else in the world that bases their trust not on the people saying it, but instead based on the fact that is is public health. You have absolute faith in those numbers, some people have legitimate reasons to doubt them. I am guessing that anything that came out of our last presidents mouth was met with skepticism. Why? Because in your mind he had lied about a bunch of things. The same can be said of the US government interactions with our fellow black citizens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (08-15-2021), Racehorse (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 11:39 AM
Post whore

Quote:
It is good that you are capable of trust with a group that has fucked you over and over and over again because it is a public health issue. I know nobody else in the world that bases their trust not on the people saying it, but instead based on the fact that is is public health. You have absolute faith in those numbers, some people have legitimate reasons to doubt them. I am guessing that anything that came out of our last presidents mouth was met with skepticism. Why? Because in your mind he had lied about a bunch of things. The same can be said of the US government interactions with our fellow black citizens.
I dont trust politicians. I do believe science, doctors, and the cdc. They have no reason to lie. I also have people I trust in the Indy medical profession. They said get a vaccination and I did. So has my family, children, their spouses. The grandkids will get the vaccine when old enough.

Simple fact staring the unvaccinated is this. Every hospital is reporting that only the unvaccinated are being admitted and are dying of covid. Its that simple. You can hold a grudge and risk your life or save your life.

If that asshat Desantis runs for governer he may not have enough republican votes, since its the far right trump idgits who arent getting the shot. How many Pubs will be scrubbed from the voter lists because they are dead? Fuck the republicans, outlast them.

BTW, I’m a registered republican, but that may change. Its hard to associated with fucking morons
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
rcubed (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 12:15 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Jaff, I agree with you on all of this. I'm vaccinated as is my entire family. It is my opinion that we need to accept people's reasons for not wanting the vaccine if we are ever going to change their minds. Human's are not always logical, as I am you are well aware. Some 30% of the unvaccinated say they are waiting for full approval. I don't agree but it seems a reasonable stand to take. I apologize to the rest of you freaks about going on about freaking politics. Not the correct forum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-09-2021), Racehorse (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 12:28 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Jaff, I agree with you on all of this. I'm vaccinated as is my entire family. It is my opinion that we need to accept people's reasons for not wanting the vaccine if we are ever going to change their minds. Human's are not always logical, as I am you are well aware. Some 30% of the unvaccinated say they are waiting for full approval. I don't agree but it seems a reasonable stand to take. I apologize to the rest of you freaks about going on about freaking politics. Not the correct forum.
I understand completely. Covid is becoming more contagious and deadly. I live in a small town and we have had fatalities that could have been avoided. Im sad, angry, and frustrated. I appreciate your insight and your candor, and will keep it in mind inthe future

Last edited by JAFF; 08-09-2021 at 12:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 01:58 PM

Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
So it COULD be part of the reason, but we are racist if we call out Leonard for an anti vax stance? Get the fuck out of here. Especially coming from someone who it sounds like just found out about one of the many the reasons for the AA communities mistrust. Regardless of whether or not this is part of Leonard’s reluctance, the fact is he is damaging his community. We can guess if it’s out of ignorance, selfishness, or mistrust, but he sure as fuck is not being a leader and should be called out on it. The AA community has been hit hard by COVID and, just like the rest of the US, they need leaders to come out and vocally help encourage people to do what is best for the community. That’s what leaders do. Leonard isn’t being a leader on this team or in his community by holding an ignorant stance regardless of the reason. And he deserves to be called out for it - just like all the ignorant people on the right.
The "racist" accusation was sort of tongue in cheek. However, now you accuse me of just now learning about the Tuskegee Experiment, when you have no clue about me or what I am aware of. I was passing along that this is the reason my friend was reluctant, and may be the reason Leonard is reluctant.

Like someone else said, until people learn to be kind to those who disagree on this issue, nobody will be able to persuade anyone on the issue. We have lost the ability to have a civil debate in this country. Trump can be blamed in part, but this has been going on since the early 2000s.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
The "racist" accusation was sort of tongue in cheek. However, now you accuse me of just now learning about the Tuskegee Experiment, when you have no clue about me or what I am aware of. I was passing along that this is the reason my friend was reluctant, and may be the reason Leonard is reluctant.

Like someone else said, until people learn to be kind to those who disagree on this issue, nobody will be able to persuade anyone on the issue. We have lost the ability to have a civil debate in this country. Trump can be blamed in part, but this has been going on since the early 2000s.
I like how you call others racist “tongue in cheek” but dislike the assumption you may have just learned about the Tuskegee Experiment. And go on to talk about how we lack civility in debate.