ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2019, 06:29 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Realistic Expectations for the Season?

I really liked the thread about the honest expectations for JB. So much so I decided that with the dust settled a bit and a lot of people sort of seeming to see who is in charge now and not feeling so shitty, what is the sentiment on a realistic expectation for the season?

We see some killer QB's this year. I think the Jags are serious with Foles at the helm and that D looks nasty.

I also think we have a very below the radar defense that is going to scare some folks with the speed and physicality they display. I think Tuary is going to be the emerging star of this unit this year and I think Hooker with all this in front of him finally comes of age as a center fielding ball hawk.

The offense to me at least, is maybe approaching an all around skill level that is nearing the Marvin, Reggie, Stokely, Clark level. TY is sick and might not move the chains like either Marvin or Reg, but he also trashes D like crazy, Ebron et al including Funchess create huge match up problems---- there is certainly no Reggie yet, but I am really thinking Cain is going to shine and then there's the potential that a combo of Hines and Campbell just blow things wide open and set this Offense appart. Obviously no Edge in there- but I do think Mack is a notch better than Addai and he and Dom got us a title. Oline, man we had some great ones back in the day but the 5 that were together for the final push last year, those dudes mauled people, mauled better than I ever recall any of the Manning lines moving people off the ball...

Overall, I like what we have and I really think we may have the games most skilled game manager wearing the headset in Reich. He is daring but not reckless and he plays to the strengths of his personnel.

I am going to put us back at 10-6 and in the playoffs. I again think we win the first game but have to go on the road in the 2nd round. There to me, it all depends on how far Brisset has come, if he's the leader they say he is, I can see this team getting to the Conference game but that's it for this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)