ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-02-2019, 11:39 PM

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Steven Jackson, there may be an argument, but Corey Dillon?

This link should compare the stats of the three. Edge played the fewest games of the three and recorded the most rushing yards. He is the only one that eclipsed 12,000 rushing yards. Edge also played in several more playoff games so his playoff stats are considerably better. Dillon's final stats were a little better than I expected.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...00&idx=players
Old 02-02-2019, 11:46 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
I asked a non-Colts forum if Edge belongs in the HOF. Someone said no as long as Corey Dillon (!!!) and Steven Jackson are not in the HOF. Wasn't it Dillon and Palmer who came up to watch a Colts prime time game to see how they did things? Basically admitting they weren't on the Colts' level.
Palmer & Chad Johnson
Old 02-02-2019, 11:54 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
This link should compare the stats of the three. Edge played the fewest games of the three and recorded the most rushing yards. He is the only one that eclipsed 12,000 rushing yards. Edge also played in several more playoff games so his playoff stats are considerably better. Dillon's final stats were a little better than I expected.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...00&idx=players
I am not arguing against Edge to be clear. He certainly deserves to be in. I just don't think Dillon should even be in the discussion. Was there even a year anyone would have considered him the best RB in the league? Edge had several that you could argue that.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:54 AM

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
I am not arguing against Edge to be clear. He certainly deserves to be in. I just don't think Dillon should even be in the discussion. Was there even a year anyone would have considered him the best RB in the league? Edge had several that you could argue that.

Agreed. Edge was also named as a First Team member of the 2000's All DECADE Team (covers years 2000-2009) along with LaDainian Tomlinson. I can't even imagine what his stats would have been if he didn't have that ACL injury so early in his career.

Looking at this year's Hall of Fame class, 4 of the 5 recently retired players were also First Team members of that All Decade Team. Only Ty Law was not - he was a Second Team member.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,569 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Marshall Faulk was the only RB in the league on his level in 1999 and 2000.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Steven Jackson, there may be an argument, but Corey Dillon?
None of the three have that playoff moment like a fringe RB such as Terrell Davis winning for Elway or Bettis winning the Super Bowl in Detroit, but I always thought of Edge being more on par with Shaun Alexander as far as comparing him to other RB's in his era. Jackson and Dillon are bizarre choices to make an "either all or none" type of argument.