ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He'll be franchise tagged.
Probably, but they are up against the cap.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:09 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Or maybe our OC

Butterfly effect from McDouche

Last edited by rcubed; 02-12-2018 at 04:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Bill Polian was on Dan Dakitch show at noon today. Here are the highlights:

1. Confirmed that he, Peyton, and Marv Levy were all advocating on Frank's behalf to Ballard and Irsay
2. Polian spoke to Irsay several times after the McDickless debacle and Polian confirmed that Irsay STILL has the utmost confidence in Ballard. He puts this debacle squarely on McDickless.
3. Confirmed that Reich has been on Ballard's vetted list from the beginning (meaning long before Clappy got fired) but Reich isn't a self promoter and in fact actively told his agent at the start of the playoffs that he did not want to do ANY interviewing. His singular focus was on preparing for the playoffs / Superbowl. He figured he would get his opportunities next year with good performance in the Playoffs. Once the McDickless debacle happened after the Superbowl he was happy to have the opportunity to compete for the job this year.
4. He assured that Frank will have no problem working with Eberflus and the other coaches already under contract, especially since he's starting so late to build his team. He reminded that when he and Dungy came to town they kept on Tom Moore and Roger Mudd and that worked out ok.
5. Regarding rebuilding this team he acknowledged it will be tough and that Ballard / Reich inherited a much worse roster than he/Dungy did but he has faith that the two will get this thing back on track in the next few years.
6. He reaffirmed his point of view that you need to look to the draft to get the tranformational play makers BUT he did say that given the cap space that Ballard has to play with and given the shape of the roster he expects that Ballard will find some good pieces at good value to begin to shore things up for a year or two while he works the draft for the longer term
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (02-12-2018), Indystu2 (02-13-2018), JAFF (01-08-2019), Maniac (02-12-2018), Oldcolt (01-06-2019), Racehorse (02-13-2018), Scotty (02-12-2018), sherck (11-20-2018), Spike (02-12-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post

@adamschefter

Frank Reich has emerged as the favorite to become the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, who are hoping to hire the Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator once they have negotiated a signed, sealed and delivered contract, per @mortreport and me.

Normally I’d mark this down, but I think all of us now are going to wait and see on this one ........

o

Thankful for:

Josh McDaniels' change of heart.

McDaniels verbally agreed to be the team's head coach before leaving owner Jim Irsay and GM Chris Ballard at the altar when it was time to sign his contract.

McDaniels' decision to remain in New England is the best thing to happen to the Colts outside of Andrew Luck's return and their solid offensive line play ........ it allowed Indianapolis to get a coach (Frank Reich) who has formed the perfect pairing with Luck.

The Colts may not make the playoffs this season, but this franchise is finally headed in the right direction again, and Reich has played a significant factor in that.

Mike Wells

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...teams-thankful

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
sherck (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Eagle fans pissed at McDaniels too. None of them are too happy to lose Reich.

Here's a couple of comments from 2 of them.

Josh McDaniels showed exactly what kind of man he is
…and that’s not a man at all. No value in his word and he’s a fucking coward but I don’t hear Pats fans complaining. Reich was a stud for us and I wish him the best, I’m sure he’ll be a man of his word. I’m sure he won’t have coaches relocate their lives and tell them two hours before reupping on their current deal…McDaniels has me heated he’s a little bitch and isn’t worthy of being HC. Fucking scumbag Pats…diseased organization diseased fans I want to keep embarrassing them. They’re public enemy #1 cause the Cowjokes ain’t relevant

Can't wait to root for Reich's Colts to destroy the Pats
Going to be a fun AFC rivalry to watch for years. Or until Brady retires and exposes McD as a clown.
Damn I missed this post. Their fans are brutal. And people think this place is tough.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

It’s great that he was “enthusiastically interested” in the Browns job but didn’t even sniff an interview.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:38 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
It’s great that he was “enthusiastically interested” in the Browns job but didn’t even sniff an interview.
Yep, nobody wants that fucking scumbag. I do believe he interviewed with GB, but they didn't want his sorry ass.

McDaniels spurning the Colts last off-season likely was a main reason in the Browns not asking to interview him. Colts general manager Chris Ballard is close friends with Browns general manager John Dorsey, so Dorsey was able to find out everything he needed to know about what happened. Dorsey’s agent was also McDaniels’ agent at the time, but decided to move on from the coach after the Colts drama.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/01/0...ead-coach-job/

Last edited by Spike; 01-09-2019 at 12:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-09-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Rating the Job Security of Every NFL Head Coach in 2019

NFL Nation asserts that Frank Reich is one of 17 head coaches on the "Cold Seat" (the furthest possibility from being fired.)

Cliff Kingsbury, John Harbaugh, Vic Fangio, Matt LaFleur, Frank Reich, Andy Reid, Sean McVey, Brian Flores, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Adam Gase, Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, Kyle Shanahan, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arian, Mike Vrabel.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...safe-get-fired

o
Yeah I don't think the coaches are the issue. Its a talent and injury issue. They are doing a good job with what they have. Imagine scheming for slow WR's that can't get open on their own and a QB that is highly reluctant to throw deep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-04-2019), YDFL Commish (12-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2021, 10:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
o

Rating the Job Security of Every NFL Head Coach in 2019

NFL Nation asserts that Frank Reich is one of 17 head coaches on the "Cold Seat" (the furthest possibility from being fired.)

Cliff Kingsbury, John Harbaugh, Vic Fangio, Matt LaFleur, Frank Reich, Andy Reid, Sean McVey, Brian Flores, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Adam Gase, Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, Kyle Shanahan, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arian, Mike Vrabel.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...safe-get-fired

o
Adam Gase is history. I know you didn't mention him, but Lynn is gone too. If I was in charge of the Eagles, Pederson would be gone too.

Last edited by Spike; 01-04-2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:11 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
o

Thanks for the info.

That particular article was from last year, 12 games into the season.

o
Yeah that happens when you keep bumping old threads all the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2021), smitty46953 (01-16-2021)