ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post

That's not a ringing endorsement since we had horrible DT's through most of Dungy's tenure until we got a fat ass to plug in there.

o

Dungy was referring largely to Mathis (235 lbs.) Freeney (268 lbs.)

The Miami, Fla. teams between 1984 and 1988 are a better example in specific relation to all of the linemen and linebackers.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 04-11-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
That's not a ringing endorsement since we had horrible DT's through most of Dungy's tenure until we got a fat ass to plug in there.
We did get Booger McFarland on Dungy’s recommendation.

That, and there was some weirdness on the DT front. Corey Simon had the freak injury that we never got the full story on. Montae Reagor was great until the car accident and then that got weird as well. Gangsta Ed Johnson was good until he had the pot arrest which they cut him for...

Like I said, some weirdness at that position...
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post

That, and there was some weirdness on the DT front. Corey Simon had the freak injury that we never got the full story on. Montae Reagor was great until the car accident and then that got weird as well. Gangsta Ed Johnson was good until he had the pot arrest which they cut him for...

Wish we had addressed the position sooner. The tampa 2 needs to bestrong up the middle. DT, Mike, rangy S. Polian always tried to use lower picks to address it and the best defensive athletes go in the first.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:

Don't forget that we had to play the cunt....Keyunta Dawson...all 268 lbs of him, or Larry Tripplett, or the video game addict from Ohio State, who quit the team.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Don't forget that we had to play the cunt....Keyunta Dawson...all 268 lbs of him, or Larry Tripplett, or the video game addict from Ohio State, who quit the team.
Heh, Quinn Pitcock. Or Quitcock. Or Pigcock. So many nickname possibilities there.

And I liked Larry Triplett. Though he probably fell into the Dungy-era DT oddities in that he was a guy that bolted that actually had suitor(s) wanting him.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:52 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Heh, Quinn Pitcock. Or Quitcock. Or Pigcock. So many nickname possibilities there.

And I liked Larry Triplett. Though he probably fell into the Dungy-era DT oddities in that he was a guy that bolted that actually had suitor(s) wanting him.
A suitor wanted him due to his one year playing next to Simon
Old 04-13-2018, 01:06 PM

Maurice Hurst would appear to be the absolute perfect fit for this defense, the smaller penetrating interior defensive lineman.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

A guy to keep an eye on. DJ Hall

Quote:
Quote:
STRENGTHS Staggering production. Dominated his level of competition for four years. Finished with 86.5 tackles for loss and 42 sacks for his career. Compact with explosive power. Has a 700-pound squat to his name. Quick off the snap with early hands. Sharp upward thrust into blocker establishes leverage. Owned point of attack against his competition. Able to brace up against double teams. Equally powerful with upper and lower body. Athletic and rangy as tackler. Drives under and through the guard’s edge. Corners tightly to quarterback once he’s in the pocket. Able to push pocket as bull rusher. Eyeballs quarterback and mirrors his scramble for secondary sacks. His 14 career blocked kicks is unheard of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...dallas-cowboys
Old 04-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If we can't get Hurst. I would like him in the 4th. Not sure where he slots right now. I actually see him more as a 3-tech.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
If we can't get Hurst. I would like him in the 4th. Not sure where he slots right now. I actually see him more as a 3-tech.
He doesn't have the length the Colts want if they're going to build a DL similar to Dallas. Trenton Thompson would be a better option in the 4th round, and in the early 2nd, Taven Bryan would fit better than Maurice Hurst.