ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-17-2019, 07:24 AM

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If you would give up that much you have no chance of being right. Ballard wouldn’t trade that for Donald right now and neither would I

I believe Dam was responding to the post about what it would take to move up to the #1 overall pick in this upcoming draft. His proposed trade would be closer but I doubt Arizona would agree to it.

Just the year before, the Colts were able to secure 3 Second Round picks from the Jets to move up 3 spots from Pick 6 to Pick 3.

So HoosierinFL's proposal of Brissett and 1 Second Round pick to move up 25 spots would be met with a dial tone from Arizona.

Dam's 2 Second Round picks and next year's First Round pick to swap Arizona's and the Colt's Firsts this year would probably be met with a counter offer wanting additional assets.

xxxxxx

But, I am in complete agreement with you that Ballard won't be looking to move up that far. I wouldn't mind him trying to move up a little from 26 if the price isn't too high. I am sure the front office will explore all kinds of options.

Besides their "home run" of talent evaluation last year, I thought that Ballard and his team did an exceptional job of maneuvering up and down the draft. I liked the trades with Philly to move 3 spots down and the trade with Cleveland to move 3 spots up.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 02-17-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,569 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If you would give up that much you have no chance of being right. Ballard wouldn’t trade that for Donald right now and neither would I
Well no, Donald is older and expensive. Part of the reason you'd give that up to get Quinnen Williams is that his upcoming season will be his age 21 season and you'll probably get close to Aaron Donald level impact at Mark Glowinski prices.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:33 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Well no, Donald is older and expensive. Part of the reason you'd give that up to get Quinnen Williams is that his upcoming season will be his age 21 season and you'll probably get close to Aaron Donald level impact at Mark Glowinski prices.
Yea that's what I was thinking. If Quinnen Williams is the next Aaron Donald, he would have a huge impact on this defense - and if it costs us a couple of draft picks and a player like Brissett, it would be worth it IMO.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:29 AM

Thanked 1,182 Times in 520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Yea that's what I was thinking. If Quinnen Williams is the next Aaron Donald, he would have a huge impact on this defense - and if it costs us a couple of draft picks and a player like Brissett, it would be worth it IMO.
Absolutly not worth it.

"A couple of draft picks...." is a huge understatement. The deal that was bantered about earlier was:

Swap of 1st round picks this year.
Give both our 2nd round picks this year.
Give our 1st round pick next year.
Give Jacoby Brissett.

That about right?

Ballard picked an All-Pro off the ball Linebacker in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a starting calibre right Offensive Tackle in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a generational talent at Offensive Guard in the 1st round this year.

Giving away that many chances at good to superior players in order to draft ONE player with superior potential is the way franchises are run into the ground.

I don't care is Quinnen Williams is the 2nd coming of J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald and Reggie White combined, he is one injury away from being out of football. He is one bad decision away from being in jail. He is one targeted catfish sting away from being in legal trouble. He is one video game console from being addicted so much that he walks away from football (I could not resist).

I would MUCH rather see what Ballard can do with those four draft picks as is (plus potentially a 5th draft pick if someone comes calling for Brissett with a 2nd round pick) rather than roll it all into ONE guy who may or may not play up to his potential.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-19-2019), Puck (02-19-2019), Racehorse (02-19-2019), smitty46953 (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 09:46 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:

"A couple of draft picks...." is a huge understatement. The deal that was bantered about earlier was:

Give Jacoby Brissett.

That about right?
at that price no, but what I had said was more like swap our first round picks, give one second pick this year, *maybe* a second round pick next year, and Brissett.
I would do that. We would only lose one pick this year, and the tradeoff for that is getting what might be the next Aaron Donald.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:23 AM

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
at that price no, but what I had said was more like swap our first round picks, give one second pick this year, *maybe* a second round pick next year, and Brissett.
I would do that. We would only lose one pick this year, and the tradeoff for that is getting what might be the next Aaron Donald.

But the only way Arizona would do that deal is if Ballard had compromising photos of the Arizona GM.

The Jets gave 3 Second Round picks to move up 3 spots.

Your proposal is for the Colts to move up 25 spots (!!!) by giving up LESS than the Jets (even your "maybe" scenario of 2 Seconds + Brissett is basically a wash with what the Jets gave up to move up 3 spots)
Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Here is a draft trade chart

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

We would have to give our 1st and two 2nds this year. Our 1st and 2nd next year. And maybe Brisset. That is 5 top 60 players for one all-pro player. Seems a lot.

Grady Jarret was a 5th round pick. There are lots of DTs in this class and will be a few next year. I think I would rather have a DE, CB, DT than just one DT. Plus whatever guys next year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-19-2019), sherck (02-19-2019), YDFL Commish (02-20-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Absolutly not worth it.

Give Jacoby Brissett.

That about right?

Ballard picked an All-Pro off the ball Linebacker in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a starting calibre right Offensive Tackle in the 2nd round this year.
Ballard picked a generational talent at Offensive Guard in the 1st round this year.

Giving away that many chances at good to superior players in order to draft ONE player with superior potential is the way franchises are run into the ground.

I don't care is Quinnen Williams is the 2nd coming of J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald and Reggie White combined, he is one injury away from being out of football. He is one bad decision away from being in jail. He is one targeted catfish sting away from being in legal trouble. He is one video game console from being addicted so much that he walks away from football (I could not resist).

I would MUCH rather see what Ballard can do with those four draft picks as is (plus potentially a 5th draft pick if someone comes calling for Brissett with a 2nd round pick) rather than roll it all into ONE guy who may or may not play up to his potential.

Walk Worthy,
You combined the two proposals there. I wouldn't give up Brissett on top of all the draft picks, but Arizona likely has no interest in Brissett. Arizona likely wouldn't do either proposal, anyway, as both are light for the #1 overall pick. They'd have to view Brissett as worth a top 5 pick and completely devalue the QB they spent a top 10 pick on last year to do HoosierinFL's proposal.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Here is a draft trade chart

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

We would have to give our 1st and two 2nds this year. Our 1st and 2nd next year. And maybe Brisset. That is 5 top 60 players for one all-pro player. Seems a lot.

Grady Jarret was a 5th round pick. There are lots of DTs in this class and will be a few next year. I think I would rather have a DE, CB, DT than just one DT. Plus whatever guys next year.
I don't think it's worth what it would actually take to get to 1, but having Quinnen Williams sure would be nice.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I don't think it's worth what it would actually take to get to 1, but having Quinnen Williams sure would be nice.
It would, he looks about as close to a sure thing I have seen at DT in awhile. But I would rather take the picks. Collectively, five top 60 players on defense should do more than one all pro DT. And you might get lucky and get an all pro or all star like they got Leonard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (02-19-2019)