ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
There's a long way to go in free agency and plenty of talent still available. Many of you are displaying a complete lack of confidence in the team's pro and college scouting. If that's the case, why aren't you calling for Ballard to be fired? Either you're going to trust him to put together the best roster for this team to be competitive or you aren't. So either wait it out or start calling for his head.
Wait it out till what? Andrew Luck gets hit another 80 times in 2018? I know that $15 Million a year, with $30 Million guaranteed was a big chunk of change. But, that's what the market said it was. Refusing to ante up has the same quality of a spoiled child holding his breath and pitching a fit because he doesn't like the brand of cereal you're serving up for breakfast.

What has to trouble Jim Irsay is the potential for unrest among the fan base to morph into something uglier. If the line continues to be a clown show, if Andrew Luck goes down, and if the Colts roll to another embarrassing season, unrest begins to translate into unsold season tickets and empty seats.

At the end of last year, you could've bought a ticket on ebay for five bucks. Jim can't afford to have that become the perception of a ticket's value.

There were a lot of silly stories about Luck's unrest circulating, last year. But, if he does go down, again, who's to say that he won't decide to pocket the hundred million the Colts have paid him and fade into retirement in some broadcast booth?

Does that make the situation unsalvageable? Of course not. They could ante up for someone like Justin Pugh, or they could trade down out of number 3 and pick Quentin Nelson. It's still early, but every day that goes by, every free agent who slips to somebody else narrows our options.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Should we all just wait for everything to just happen and not discuss anything? Why bitch in-game about anything that goes wrong, we don't know the outcome yet.

Weston Richburg is off the market and making about $9M/year from the 49ers. We can probably anticipate that for Jensen, if we sign him.
Not sure about the wisdom of shelling out $9 Million a year on a Center when we already have one on the roster.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:29 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Not sure about the wisdom of shelling out $9 Million a year on a Center when we already have one on the roster.
He has also started at guard, if they paid him starter money I assume they'd be signing him as a guard. Or moving Kelly to guard, but that seems unlikely.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:31 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Speaking of Jensen, he should be here today:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974219654859251712
Old 03-15-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Sucks missing out on Norwell, but it happens. The big thing that I don't understand is why they bothered to tender Vujnovich.
Maybe depth/competition? He and AC were the only colts to take every snap at their position in 2017. With our track record on injuries having a spare toy in the toybox makes sense to me.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Maybe depth/competition? He and AC were the only colts to take every snap at their position in 2017. With our track record on injuries having a spare toy in the toybox makes sense to me.
You could put a toy out there on the field and it wouldn't be much worse than him.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
You could put a toy out there on the field and it wouldn't be much worse than him.
Lol, Ye of little faith Jesus? We are going to have a grown up offensive scheme finally so I fully expect everyone to look better in the new design. Not saying he will be a stud but I honestly think that it's tough to get a full sense of these guys potential when we had such a predictable scheme. Who knows.....he may still be trash in the new scheme. Time will tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Yes, yes he was. If you figure that there were about 500 undrafted free agents in his class, that leaves the odds of finding another all pro OL'man by going that route as 500 to 1.
They don't need all-pro, necessarily. They just need quality starters.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Wait it out till what? Andrew Luck gets hit another 80 times in 2018? I know that $15 Million a year, with $30 Million guaranteed was a big chunk of change. But, that's what the market said it was. Refusing to ante up has the same quality of a spoiled child holding his breath and pitching a fit because he doesn't like the brand of cereal you're serving up for breakfast.

What has to trouble Jim Irsay is the potential for unrest among the fan base to morph into something uglier. If the line continues to be a clown show, if Andrew Luck goes down, and if the Colts roll to another embarrassing season, unrest begins to translate into unsold season tickets and empty seats.

At the end of last year, you could've bought a ticket on ebay for five bucks. Jim can't afford to have that become the perception of a ticket's value.

There were a lot of silly stories about Luck's unrest circulating, last year. But, if he does go down, again, who's to say that he won't decide to pocket the hundred million the Colts have paid him and fade into retirement in some broadcast booth?

Does that make the situation unsalvageable? Of course not. They could ante up for someone like Justin Pugh, or they could trade down out of number 3 and pick Quentin Nelson. It's still early, but every day that goes by, every free agent who slips to somebody else narrows our options.
They could also get guys you've never heard of (maybe the next Andrew Norwell) and scream about them not doing enough until they get on the field and perform well. The bottom line is this is overreaction. You're the one that looks like the spoiled child here, not Ballard. "Waaaaaah, I didn't get the big name free agent I wanted." Well, too fucking bad, clearly the Colts didn't value him as highly as the market. Yesterday was Day 1 of free agency, and if the Polian era taught you anything, it should've been that the big name free agent isn't necessarily going to live up to expectations and the guy you've never heard of just might end up a quality starter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 02:15 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

God damn I hate agreeing with Dam but you guys are being serious pussies right now. Old fashioned "the sky is falling" colts fans.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-15-2018)