ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-25-2022, 10:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I'm sure you're right, but I think Arians is the kind of guy that would enjoy the chance to see if he could salvage Wentz's career...I would love to see it myself!
He won’t. GL with that. At least I won’t have to listen to the Wentz truthers who say all he needs is more talent around him.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:45 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Wentz truthers? Jesus it is called a difference in opinion. You are not god that knows the real ‘truth’ about this QB or any other person alive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-25-2022), JAFF (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 11:41 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I don't understand the fascination with Jimmy G. He is nothing special in my eyes, i don't see a huge upgrade, if any, over Wentz. Both have severe limitations and are not about to take over a game when you most need the QB to do that.

That's the problem with trying to find a truly dominant QB, they don't grow on trees and cost an absolute fortune to obtain. Rodgers is clearly the best QB who might be available, how much is it going to take to trade for him, and even then can anyone really guarantee he is going to be able to continue to perform at his current levels for the next 3-4 years, which is what you need to be able to get out of a trade of the magnitude it would take to get him. The next level down is Russell Wilson, and he has been great in recent years, but i don't know, and i can't quite put my finger on the reason why, but I am not sold on him as a Colts QB.

The QB i would most like the Colts to look at trying to obtain is Jameis Winston. For what it would likely take to get him, he in my mind is the guy most likely to be able to move this franchise forward from a QB perspective without handicapping them too much financially and resource wise. He throws a nice ball, can read a defense, but is a risk taker, which is something i don't mind from a QB. That epitomizes what Manning was for much of his career. And no i am not comparing the two as being equals!
He’s the perfect guy for this team, game manager doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, has a lot of big game experience, just wants to win doesn’t care about the big stats or getting all the attention
Old 02-25-2022, 12:19 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Isnt Winston a Free Agent
yes, which is a bonus because we wouldnt have to give up capital in a trade.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 02:25 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Wentz truthers? Jesus it is called a difference in opinion. You are not god that knows the real ‘truth’ about this QB or any other person alive.
It’s called obstinacy. I was more referring to the people on Twitter who say the same thing at the head of every single thread regarding Wentz. They actually seem more like a marketing team hired to promote Wentz than actual fans. Most accounts were made recently. One guy only commented about Wentz, that’s all he does.

I didn’t think people still supported Wentz on this site. I don’t know how much more proof people need to see.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (02-26-2022), Racehorse (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 05:29 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It’s called obstinacy. I was more referring to the people on Twitter who say the same thing at the head of every single thread regarding Wentz. They actually seem more like a marketing team hired to promote Wentz than actual fans. Most accounts were made recently. One guy only commented about Wentz, that’s all he does.

I didn’t think people still supported Wentz on this site. I don’t know how much more proof people need to see.
Without being in the room, I cant say that Wentz is the problem. The entire offense sucked at Jacksonville.

Wentz had ups and downs and much of it is mechanics. You could see that on the game replays. I think his footwork is atrocious, which can directly affect his throwing.

With all of the negative press, and no one from the Colts or players stepping up………… its going to be a long off season
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-25-2022), Oldcolt (02-26-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 10:43 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Without being in the room, I cant say that Wentz is the problem. The entire offense sucked at Jacksonville.

Wentz had ups and downs and much of it is mechanics. You could see that on the game replays. I think his footwork is atrocious, which can directly affect his throwing.

With all of the negative press, and no one from the Colts or players stepping up………… its going to be a long off season
I can say it. After watching the all 22. After watching him not even notice open receiver after open receiver. Think that time he overthrew a waving TY was the first time. Nope. TY was trying to get his attention all season waving like a mad man. Dude has tunnel vision for Pittman. Wouldn’t throw to the flats or RBs. Would throw short to the TEs. Downfield all the time and if someone wasn’t open downfield he would hold it forever then run. Hero ball instead of just hitting a nice timing route.

After watching that Warner video snd confirming what I suspected all season. Seeing him rely on the RPO because he can’t read a defense.

He pigeon toes his throws. He has been doing it since before he was drafted. Has never fixed it.

The entire team sucked at Jacksonville. But it wasn’t just that game. Both Jackdonville games, both Titans games, NE, etc. His analytics place him in the 20-25 range of starting QBs, and his accuracy was 27th. CPOE. I don’t know why anyone would want to ride that roller coaster again. Can’t believe the Eagle fans did it for so long.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 02-25-2022 at 10:48 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-25-2022), HoosierinFL (03-01-2022), Racehorse (02-26-2022), Spike (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 11:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:

It is much more than just his mechanics, his decision making is atrocious.
Chromeburn (02-26-2022), Racehorse (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 01:25 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I believe you guys about how horrific Wentz was at missing open guys. Goes along with. Ballards ‘make the layups’ comment. Why the hell did he get over 70% of the reps then? If this was a season long thing and not just being pissed off about the last two games then they should have known that they were going to move on from him early enough to sit his ass and save us a #1. To move on from him like this seems like amateur time on our part. Apparently nobody had the balls to make the decision until it was to late. Shit
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 01:55 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I believe you guys about how horrific Wentz was at missing open guys. Goes along with. Ballards ‘make the layups’ comment. Why the hell did he get over 70% of the reps then? If this was a season long thing and not just being pissed off about the last two games then they should have known that they were going to move on from him early enough to sit his ass and save us a #1. To move on from him like this seems like amateur time on our part. Apparently nobody had the balls to make the decision until it was to late. Shit
Well they tried Easen for a second, and look how that turned out. I think they were hoping he would get better. The team got healthy. They were killing people despite him. And he did have a few good games in there. Then he just started to decline. People blamed the play calling but he could not pass them into an honest defense. They were still running against 8-9 man fronts. Crazy. He could not take advantage of stacked defenses.

I will say they do not like to make knee jerk reactions, they like to wait till the end of the year. And we were in the race for a playoff spot. I actually think his Raiders game was worse, and he had a 4.4 QBR at jacksonville.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-26-2022)