ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 PM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

this was about as fucked up a handling of a player i have ever seen. who on earth did this happen?

how is irsay or ballard just standing behind pagano and letting him drag this franchise down so hard?
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Butter (11-10-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
Now how dumb would a 5th or 6th round pick look? I dared say he looked like he was going half speed and the head clown here thought it was the craziest thing he'd heard all day. Fuck off, dude.
you still look dumb
Old 11-09-2017, 05:17 PM

Thanked 1,240 Times in 695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
this was about as fucked up a handling of a player i have ever seen. who on earth did this happen?

how is irsay or ballard just standing behind pagano and letting him drag this franchise down so hard?
Sad that Irsay seems content to allow Pags to continue to damage the team. Holding out hope that he fires him during the bye.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:55 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

This is weird, there is no gain for the team releasing him now.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Sad that Irsay seems content to allow Pags to continue to damage the team. Holding out hope that he fires him during the bye.
can you imagine how ballard feels in this situation? if he is the football dude people make him out to be.

there is no way he doesn't look at pagano and just see a tornado of idiocy that touched down in the middle of the town and is just tearing the roof off of every building along main street.

only mcadoo seems more incompetent. and that is arguable.

pagano needs to go and he needs to go now. how can you attract free agents to this team when they see this shit week after week happen with no consequences?

and irsay just needs to shut up. tweet contests for tickets and be a rah rah dude.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
This is weird, there is no gain for the team releasing him now.
well sure there is a gain.

getting the dude off the team before people realize how shitty they treated him. you don't want that in the locker room. davis was done
Old 11-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Who started badmouthing who here? The first I heard of any problem was Davis being left in Indy as a "coach's decision" and very much not injury-related. How would you take that as a veteran Pro Bowl player? Especially if the team's med staff was mishandling your injury? Maybe that's not how it all went down, we don't know. But it seems like the Colts fired the first shot out of nowhere.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
How would your employer respond if you started going to the press and complaining about them? I think Ballard is trying to bring some stability and accountability - if he sat idly by while Vontae blathered on about not receiving enough "respect" and made veiled threats of leaving at the end of the season or having season-ending surgery, what kind of message does that send to the other players?

And by the way, what's the value of keeping him around if he's going to bad mouth everyone and not play? It was painfully clear he was leaving at the end of the season anyways, so I say cut him loose and send a message to everyone else. Things have been crazy enough without adding infighting to the list of dysfunction here.
Trust me, I understand the employer's perspective here because at the end of the day my loyalty is going to be with the Colts over an individual player.

This pot of shit still stinks, for me personally, because who knows who is telling the truth. Davis claimed he was blindsided by the benching, and took exception to it because nobody had warned him that his play was warranting that. He also provided the excuse that his groin was not responding to treatment.

Why doesn't the medical staff already know everything that's happening with Davis' groin? (in my opinion concealment on the part of Davis is not an excuse for the Colts).

Perhaps Davis is the asshole in this entire thing but history says the Colts are the ones probably telling half truths. At least from my perspective. I just don't want to watch Indianapolis become a place where no Free Agent ever considers and Rookies just go to in the hope that after 3-5 years they can leave.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Trust me, I understand the employer's perspective here because at the end of the day my loyalty is going to be with the Colts over an individual player.

This pot of shit still stinks, for me personally, because who knows who is telling the truth. Davis claimed he was blindsided by the benching, and took exception to it because nobody had warned him that his play was warranting that. He also provided the excuse that his groin was not responding to treatment.

Why doesn't the medical staff already know everything that's happening with Davis' groin? (in my opinion concealment on the part of Davis is not an excuse for the Colts).

Perhaps Davis is the asshole in this entire thing but history says the Colts are the ones probably telling half truths. At least from my perspective. I just don't want to watch Indianapolis become a place where no Free Agent ever considers and Rookies just go to in the hope that after 3-5 years they can leave.
this is how it should have went down.

pagano: vontae, we are going to have to bench you. we need better production out of you

vontae: but coach, my groin is hindering my ability.

pagano: go see the training staff. we will let you rest for a few weeks and see what happens. we appreciate you fighting through this and getting on the field but we got some depth and we will be ok.

vontae: thanks coach

the end.

but we got the pagano version.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-09-2017), FatDT (11-09-2017), Hoopsdoc (11-09-2017), Mr. Session (11-09-2017), Racehorse (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
well sure there is a gain.

getting the dude off the team before people realize how shitty they treated him. you don't want that in the locker room. davis was done
yep, ballard had to release him ASAP based on how pags team fucked it up. It became toxic real quick and since VD most likely wasnt going to be resigned, it was an easy call for ballard.