ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #551  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:13 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 1,099
Thanks: 447
Thanked 363 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
I remember turning that game on for a bit somewhere around the 35-3 mark and turned it off since I didn't care about either team. Reich also had a huge comeback victory in college too.
Yep. Where ironically, I believing he was subbing for Boomer Esiason.
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:44 PM
JesusChrist's Avatar
JesusChrist JesusChrist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 391
Thanks: 238
Thanked 331 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Why is Reich getting so much credit for the Philadelphia improvement offensively? Isn't Pederson the guy calling the plays?
__________________
Blessings to thee, Colts fans.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 577
Thanks: 244
Thanked 412 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Why is Reich getting so much credit for the Philadelphia improvement offensively? Isn't Pederson the guy calling the plays?
I have the same question. We know for sure that Peterson is calling the plays; although it was just shared today that Foles actually called for the "philly surprise" play on 4th down and then Peterson agreed. I'm guessing though that Reich puts together the game plan (or at a minimum they collaborate). I just can't see how Peterson would have the time during the week to do that prep. I read that they actually had 2 complete offensive games plans ready and practiced for the Super Bowl and intended to pull out plan B once the Patriots defense started to adjust and stop plan A, except on that night the patriots D wasn't able to make those in game adjustments they were famous for so they never had to put plan B in. that is a level of preparation we have not seen here for some time.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,895
Thanks: 520
Thanked 374 Times in 213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Why is Reich getting so much credit for the Philadelphia improvement offensively? Isn't Pederson the guy calling the plays?
He wasn’t “the guy” in San Diego either. It’s definitely a concern. Could be nothing. Could be everything.
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:36 AM
njcoltfan njcoltfan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,335
Thanks: 169
Thanked 148 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I have the same question. We know for sure that Peterson is calling the plays; although it was just shared today that Foles actually called for the "philly surprise" play on 4th down and then Peterson agreed. I'm guessing though that Reich puts together the game plan (or at a minimum they collaborate). I just can't see how Peterson would have the time during the week to do that prep. I read that they actually had 2 complete offensive games plans ready and practiced for the Super Bowl and intended to pull out plan B once the Patriots defense started to adjust and stop plan A, except on that night the patriots D wasn't able to make those in game adjustments they were famous for so they never had to put plan B in. that is a level of preparation we have not seen here for some time.
Two game plans, damn, in the past six years it would have been nice to have at least one !!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (02-09-2018), YDFL Commish (02-09-2018)
  #556  
Old 02-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 7,723
Thanks: 2,224
Thanked 515 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Two game plans, damn, in the past six years it would have been nice to have at least one !!
We had one, but it involved Griff Whalen snapping the ball.
__________________
Thinking Pagano is a good coach is like thinking the Patriots don't cheat.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-10-2018), njcoltfan (02-09-2018), sherck (02-09-2018), VeveJones007 (02-09-2018)
  #557  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:40 AM
FatDT FatDT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,653
Thanks: 156
Thanked 517 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
Two game plans, damn, in the past six years it would have been nice to have at least one !!
Our coaching staff consistently put together half a game plan, but if you add .5 + .5 = 1, we kinda had gameplans.
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:38 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 357
Thanks: 194
Thanked 66 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts have requested an interview with Bills DC Leslie Frazier.
I hope this is the guy, put him with eberflus and get a good Off cood. and we're good to go
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 02-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 208
Thanks: 131
Thanked 92 Times in 34 Posts
Default

After watching football for over 50 years my uneducated opinion is that hiring a football coach is a total crapshoot. Nobody has any fricking idea of who will or who will not be a good head coach. The last guy hired has just as good a shot at being the next great coach as the first guy hired in a cycle. So here is to hoping we hit the jackpot with whomever it is.

As a side note, I cannot believe how quiet Ballard keeps things.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.