ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2022, 12:12 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

I'm with Big Albert except my Colt fandom days started in 1963. Lived through all those senior Irsay days. Never stopped watching. Won't watch today (wimp that I am I will record it just in case some miracle happens), I just don't give a shit about this group of guys right now. If they win it will mean nothing to me, they have proven to me to many times IN A ROW year after year they will eventually shit the bed, just after they get my hopes up enough to make it hurt. I am not on the ledge anymore. I have jumped. I need a parachute but don't think the Colts make one. I hope I'm just being a whiney little bitch and they make me eat crow in a big way. Doubt it though.

o

I've been rooting for the Colts since I was in first grade, in 1971. I've lived through a lot of ups and downs. Even when the Colts were 2-14 in 1981, I continued to follow them week after week, passionately rooting for them ...... it's not in my DNA to give up on the team with the blue horseshoes on their helmets, no matter how bad they are, no matter who the head coach is, no matter who the General Manager is, and no matter what city they represent, whether it be Baltimore, Indianapolis, or Beijing, China.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I've been rooting for the Colts since I was in first grade, in 1971. I've lived through a lot of ups and downs. Even when the Colts were 2-14 in 1981, I continued to follow them week after week, passionately rooting for them ...... it's not in my DNA to give up on the team with the blue horseshoes on their helmets, no matter how bad they are, no matter who the head coach is, no matter who the General Manager is, and no matter what city they represent, whether it be Baltimore, Indianapolis, or Beijing, China.

o
Been a Colts fan since Ameche scored the winning TD in the '58 championship game, needless to say been thru a few ups and downs with this team !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-25-2022), Colts And Orioles (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:26 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I go back to the incredible game in 78'- 9/18/78 when Joe Washington's 90 yard KO return beat the Pats (yes I have hated them that long) on one of the sloppiest fields ever.

I've been through all of the ups and downs, had season tickets, etc...

I've had players and coaches I have disliked across this wide span but not a specific "team". However, I can legitimately say that this team, is the one I have the least amount of investment in from an emotional standpoint. As SOOOOO many of us have said, there is ZERO heart on this team. Me, I think it's there, I think there are guys that are leaders, that want to win, that care deeply about this team.

I just feel like this coaching staff takes steps that obviate that level of commitment and desire. It feels like a team that has been forbidden from being themselves and instead have been crafted to be way too professional. As others have pointed out, they aren't fun, and to me it all starts with the dude with the headset on the sidelines. I think to a man nearly all players and coaches would vote to abolish the unsportsmanlike penalty for celebration, but I would expect Frank to be among a tiny group that is in favor of it because it can lead to guys feeling disrespected and that's not nice. That's just how I view him and that's now how I view football.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:33 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

As much as I hate the current team, I could never not root for the horseshoe.

Hell, I was one of the few who said I’d remain a fan if they signed Tom Brady.

I root for the Colts no matter what.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:38 PM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

31-17
Old 09-25-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
24-21 Colts
No way the Chiefs only score 21. They’ll probably get that in the 1st quarter.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
31-17
Wait, 31-17 who?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:51 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post

I go back to the incredible game in '78 ...... 9/18/78, when Joe Washington's 90 yard KO return beat the Pats (yes I have hated them that long) on one of the sloppiest fields ever.

I've been through all of the ups and downs, had season tickets, etc...

I've had players and coaches I have disliked across this wide span but not a specific "team". However, I can legitimately say that this team, is the one I have the least amount of investment in from an emotional standpoint. As SOOOOO many of us have said, there is ZERO heart on this team. Me, I think it's there, I think there are guys that are leaders, that want to win, that care deeply about this team.

I just feel like this coaching staff takes steps that obviate that level of commitment and desire. It feels like a team that has been forbidden from being themselves and instead have been crafted to be way too professional. As others have pointed out, they aren't fun, and to me it all starts with the dude with the headset on the sidelines. I think to a man nearly all players and coaches would vote to abolish the unsportsmanlike penalty for celebration, but I would expect Frank to be among a tiny group that is in favor of it because it can lead to guys feeling disrespected and that's not nice. That's just how I view him and that's now how I view football.

o

The Joe Washington game, against the Patriots ...... in the 4th quarter alone, he had a hand in 3 TD's. He threw a 54-yard TD pass to Roger Carr, he caught a 23-yard TD from Bill Troup, and he returned a kickoff 90 yards for a TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7erbANgBHo

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 09-25-2022, 12:55 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Good afternoon everybody.
Colts And Orioles (09-25-2022), Ironshaft (09-25-2022), Racehorse (09-25-2022), smitty46953 (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:56 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
45-27 Chiefs. Mahomes rolls over the defense for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns.

On the bright side, McLaughlin doesn’t miss any kicks and hits from 51 and 48.

I’m not sure I’ve ever been less confident going into a game.

Have at it, freaks. Talk me off the ledge.
Can't really do that. The only hope I have is that the Colts rarely have two horrible games in a row.

I mean, other than last year when a playoff game is on the line.

Last week's horrible performance does nothing to inspire confidence. They have already shown this season they're a team who will roll over and die and show no pride when things aren't going their way.
Racehorse (09-25-2022)