ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-22-2020, 10:53 AM
Ironshaft Ironshaft is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 85
Thanks: 244
Thanked 113 Times in 46 Posts
Default

I think that there is too much money involved for there not to be a season.

None of the NFL players are in any of the risk categories. Age, diabetes, asthma, other medical conditions leading to compromise. None of them have any of them.

My guess is that there will be protocols for those who find themselves COVID positive and in the infectious stage during the week. They will have to take 2 or 3 weeks off.

However, once a player has been positive and is out of the infectious stage, I suspect they will be allowed to play no issues.

I think there will be a season of televised games with no crowds in the stadium which will allow the money to continue to flow

Now college football? Yeah, I see it being cancelled because the colleges are much more likely to cave to public pressure (see OK State coach) in the attempt to appease the social media masses. I don't think they will probably play and that means next year's draft will be a cluster.

But the NFL? I expect to see a season out of them in 2020 / 2021.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
daedge (06-22-2020)
  #12  
Old 06-22-2020, 11:41 AM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 2,032
Thanks: 933
Thanked 941 Times in 521 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
None of the NFL players are in any of the risk categories. Age, diabetes, asthma, other medical conditions leading to compromise. None of them have any of them.
There are NFL players that have played with asthma conditions. If I'm not mistaken Mark Andrews is a diabetic as well. So their a serious health concerns for a select few.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-22-2020, 03:21 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,238
Thanks: 63
Thanked 685 Times in 420 Posts
Default

Von Miller has asthma and apparently has already had COVID-19.

The thing about COVID-19 that makes it extra difficult to navigate for having pro sporting events is that it's not just about the death rate. This thing does damage in some cases that would end an athlete's career. There's a possibility that a star player could get it, not die, but have to retire because his lungs are destroyed. That's why I'm not very confident about a season being played.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-22-2020, 04:36 PM
Maniac's Avatar
Maniac Maniac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Home
Posts: 1,447
Thanks: 674
Thanked 1,047 Times in 569 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
I think that there is too much money involved for there not to be a season.

None of the NFL players are in any of the risk categories. Age, diabetes, asthma, other medical conditions leading to compromise. None of them have any of them.

My guess is that there will be protocols for those who find themselves COVID positive and in the infectious stage during the week. They will have to take 2 or 3 weeks off.

However, once a player has been positive and is out of the infectious stage, I suspect they will be allowed to play no issues.

I think there will be a season of televised games with no crowds in the stadium which will allow the money to continue to flow

Now college football? Yeah, I see it being cancelled because the colleges are much more likely to cave to public pressure (see OK State coach) in the attempt to appease the social media masses. I don't think they will probably play and that means next year's draft will be a cluster.

But the NFL? I expect to see a season out of them in 2020 / 2021.
There are absolutely players with health conditions that may be affected worse than others. Even if you don't have health conditions, there are no guarantees that you may not get a severe case. It may be unlikely that they would, but it's not 100% guarantee by any means.

How are you going to tell when a player is out of the infectuous stage? with covid, they can be infectuous even without a fever. I don't think there is any way they let anyone testing positive play. Not only for the impossible task of trying to determine if they are infectuous, but for the legal liability as well. The NFL does NOT want to deal with a bunch of legal headaches.

They will have a season, but people are going to be sitting out, possibly star players, and possibly multiple players, coaches, trainers, etc as well. It's going to be a mess.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-22-2020, 04:56 PM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,576
Thanks: 121
Thanked 585 Times in 279 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Von Miller has asthma and apparently has already had COVID-19.

The thing about COVID-19 that makes it extra difficult to navigate for having pro sporting events is that it's not just about the death rate. This thing does damage in some cases that would end an athlete's career. There's a possibility that a star player could get it, not die, but have to retire because his lungs are destroyed. That's why I'm not very confident about a season being played.
Thatís exactly what Iím talking about, many healthy young adults donít die, but will have permanent health effects like lung problems, heart rhythm irregularities, clotting problems, autoimmune reactions, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-22-2020, 05:14 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 433
Thanked 756 Times in 426 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
There are NFL players that have played with asthma conditions. If I'm not mistaken Mark Andrews is a diabetic as well. So their a serious health concerns for a select few.

Yeah I hate that argument. Just because you are not necessarily in the highest category for risk of death doesnt mean you wont have health issues, possibly long term issues. Or just simply being someone who passes it on to others.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,011
Thanks: 973
Thanked 1,193 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Most of the owners are geriatric. If Jerry Jones, Irsay, Kraft, whoever got the virus, I doubt they'd come out of it very well. I'd imagine they'd prefer to live.
As an aside, I've watched a couple of English soccer games with no fans present. It is very odd, especially with the piped-in crowd noise during the games. Reaction effects, cheering, whistling/booing, etc...and not a soul is there. Just weird.
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
"History is a mystery if y'all ain't learning." - Chuck D.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-22-2020, 07:01 PM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,556
Thanks: 686
Thanked 598 Times in 359 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Thatís exactly what Iím talking about, many healthy young adults donít die, but will have permanent health effects like lung problems, heart rhythm irregularities, clotting problems, autoimmune reactions, etc.
Yeah, that's not true. They do die. More survive, but they have LIFE LONG problems because their lungs will be damaged and fixing it is really difficult.

If you wind up in the hospital you are luck you get out if your are some old fart. You get out when you are in your 30s, it may not be worth it. This virus is a MOFO and it if it rears its ugly head, isn't kind.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-23-2020, 03:45 AM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,011
Thanks: 973
Thanked 1,193 Times in 754 Posts
Default

"Post whore" status achieved after changing my sig. That's just swell. I guess I'mma have to drive up to Tennessee and take racehorse out for a drink after equaling his status. Most of my posts are in game threads (I actually watch the games, unlike a lot of you people). Worlds are colliding...! Brylok is getting upset!
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
"History is a mystery if y'all ain't learning." - Chuck D.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brylok For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-23-2020)
  #20  
Old 06-23-2020, 05:57 AM
njcoltfan njcoltfan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,758
Thanks: 417
Thanked 324 Times in 208 Posts
Default

slim to none
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.