ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-11-2020, 10:15 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Talk about Brady being a Colt, that's a Banning!
Peyton Banning
Old 01-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Setting aside the gut-level disgust that overtakes me when I think of Brady in a Colts uniform, I just can't see a realistic scenario where this takes place.

From the Colts perspective, why would they put themselves in a position to allow another member of the Patriots organization to embarrass them again? What if Brady pulled some sort of McDaniel's-like move on them? I don't think Colts fans would be as sympathetic this time.

Also, why bring in an expensive 43-year old QB at this point when we already have Brissett under contract for $15 million or so, and we are likely going to be drafting a young QB to compete? It doesn't make sense. And, even if the Colts somehow decided to go the veteran QB route, I'd think that someone like Rivers would be a more likely target due to his ties with our current coaches.

From Brady's perspective, the Colts are the organization that directly called him out for his cheating and led to one of the most embarrassing moments of his career. I'm sure he's got lots of hard feelings about that.
I think most of those who say it would work are doing the Madden thing where chemistry doesn't matter, just take a player and plug him in. So they see Brady trying to win another SB, and look for a good team with a glaring hole at QB, and the see the Colts. They see this team as only a QB away from being a SB caliber team, and one with a good line and think Brady would want to leave NE, where he is not going to win another one, and see Indy as a team that would fit his criteria. They are wrong because we don't cheat, and we don't like the guy.
Pez (01-12-2020), Spike (10-09-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 06:39 PM

It wouldn't be the end of the world. But it's not gonna happen. It's a high risk with someone that age in a high profile position. It could be that age sets in which probably happened with AV.

Free agency and trades don't work well with QBs especially if they have been under a system for so long. Peyton Manning wasn't the reason why the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

Taking a chance on a 40+ year old QB is a high risk.

It would be interesting to see how good Brady really is outside of NE.

He will retire as a Pat. They will get a friendly hometown discount.

Are there any teams a QB away from winning a Super Bowl?
Old 01-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
It wouldn't be the end of the world.
It would be for Jim Irsay if Colts fans who hate that cheating asshole want refunds on their season tickets if they bring him in.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
It would be for Jim Irsay if Colts fans who hate that cheating asshole want refunds on their season tickets if they bring him in.
I doubt it. We are talking about a .0000000001% chance of it happening. He's more of a ? than a missing piece of the puzzle outside of the Pats.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:00 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Eh, I doubt that a meaningful number would do that.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

My opinion on Tom Brady ........

Last week when the Buccaneers came from behind to defeat the Chargers, Brady was all smiles and shaking hands with Justin Herbert and the other Chargers players after the game ...... last night after the Buccaneers lost to the Bears, Brady immediately trotted off the field very quickly without shaking hands with (or at least verbally congratulating) Nick Foles and the other opposing Bears players.

It's easy to be graceful and sportsmanlike when things are going your way ...... one's true character shows when things don't go your way. I think that we saw that with Cam Newton and his "Superman" poses when his Carolina Panthers were winning, and his hostile spurning of the press when they lost the Super Bowl to the Broncos.

Brady is 43 years-old, so if he's still a dick, he probably always will be. Perhaps the 31 year-old Newton can learn from his mistakes, and change the perception that some have of him before his career is all said and done.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
albany ed (10-10-2020), Discflinger (10-09-2020), Puck (10-09-2020), Racehorse (10-09-2020), TheMugwump (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

My opinion on Tom Brady ........

Last week when the Buccaneers came from behind to defeat the Chargers, Brady was all smiles and shaking hands with Justin Herbert and the other Chargers players after the game ...... last night after the Buccaneers lost to the Bears, Brady immediately trotted off the field very quickly without shaking hands with (or at least verbally congratulating) Nick Foles and the other opposing Bears players.

It's easy to be graceful and sportsmanlike when things are going your way ...... one's true character shows when things don't go your way. I think that we saw that with Cam Newton and his "Superman" poses when his Carolina Panthers were winning, and his hostile spurning of the press when they lost the Super Bowl to the Broncos.

Brady is 43 years-old, so if he's still a dick, he probably always will be. Perhaps the 31 year-old Newton can learn from his mistakes, and change the perception that some have of him before his career is all said and done.

o

Please see this thread for my thoughts

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109347
Old 10-09-2020, 03:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Hes a fucking pussy, lying cheating a hole.

What? Too much?
Old 10-09-2020, 06:45 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Hes a fucking pussy, lying cheating a hole.

What? Too much?
Hardly enough.

Before last night's game, the Fox studio guys were falling all over themselves trying to say how great he still is.

Yeah. He can't even remember what down it is.

Suck it, Tommy.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-09-2020)