ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-14-2023, 04:28 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
But no one wants to pay to go get that guy, either.
I think it's going to be Levis, Minshew, and Ehlinger. The only money involved will be for Minshew.
Lov2fish (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
But no one wants to pay to go get that guy, either.
They don't want to pay because he wants 250-300 mil guaranteed after two injury shortened seasons. Nobody is crazy enough to do it. He should take what the Ravens are offering and prove everyone wrong.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
They don't want to pay because he wants 250-300 mil guaranteed after two injury shortened seasons. Nobody is crazy enough to do it. He should take what the Ravens are offering and prove everyone wrong.
I meant the accurate QB who can put the ball where only his receiver can get it. No one wants to pay the price in draft capital to go up and get him, and no one wants to pay the price in money to go get an established veteran starting QB. So I guess the Colts are just going to continue to be bad for the foreseeable future, and everyone here is okay with that because they didn't "overpay" to get the #1 pick and they didn't "overpay" to get a quality veteran starter.

Last edited by Dam8610; 03-14-2023 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I meant the accurate QB who can put the ball where only his receiver can get it. No one wants to pay the price in draft capital to go up and get him, and no one wants to pay the price in money to go get an established veteran starting QB. So I guess the Colts are just going to continue to be bad for the foreseeable future, and everyone here is okay with that because they didn't "overpay" to get the #1 pick and they didn't "overpay" to get a quality veteran starter.

Can you apply for the GM job in Jacksonville. They are starting to get good, even with the "Bust" QB. We don't need them being good and you would go a long way in assuring this. The other two are already dysfunctional.
IndyNorm (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 05:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Please just stop it. When has Irsay EVER not spent money? Edge came up short on 1000 yards when he played hurt. Jim took care of him. Irsay has a weakness, he loves football PLAYERS. Jim is a lot of things, and one of them is a good judge of heart in a player.

Irsay cant fall back on some other stream of income. His income is the Colts. Woody Johnson will raise the price on baby powder to pay for Aaron Rodgers. IWhile there is a cap, that money can be stretched out to remain in 5he rules, Uber rich owners can rebound teams faster than owners like Irsay.

And he doled out money last year for a Qb that came up short. In your perfect world where everything goes as planed, shit never happens. The problem is that 99% of us on this board live in a world where shit happens every day.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I would pay the price for Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, possibly Hurts, and maybe Watson, but to me there isn't another QB in the league worth pushing all of the chips into the centre of the table. And certainly not in this draft class either. The 4th pick will get you a shot at a QB who is likely to give you good production as a starter, but still has much to prove.

Bringing in someone like Rodgers, would be a huge upgrade, i am not doubting that, but for how much longer? He isn't at the peak of his powers anymore.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:14 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
So what exactly do you want anyone on here to do about it other than just agree with you to feed your ego? Ballard, who you've stated is a very good GM in your opinion, obviously either doesn't think Stroud is worth the cost to trade up or he thinks Stroud will still be there at #4 (or possibly 3 with a trade up to AZ).

And FWIW I do agree with you that Stroud is the top QB in the draft. I'm just not going to lose any sleep over this like I did when Ballard decided to hand the starting LT job to Matt Pryor.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:15 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Can you apply for the GM job in Jacksonville. They are starting to get good, even with the "Bust" QB. We don't need them being good and you would go a long way in assuring this. The other two are already dysfunctional.
That would be amazing. Dam would probably trade that "bust" to us for the 5th rounder we just picked up from Dallas.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:17 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
So what exactly do you want anyone on here to do about it other than just agree with you to feed your ego? Ballard, who you've stated is a very good GM in your opinion, obviously either doesn't think Stroud is worth the cost to trade up or he thinks Stroud will still be there at #4 (or possibly 3 with a trade up to AZ).

And FWIW I do agree with you that Stroud is the top QB in the draft. I'm just not going to lose any sleep over this like I did when Ballard decided to hand the starting LT job to Matt Pryor.
Even if you agree with Dam, if you don't do it in the way he would prefer, you are wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Brylok (03-14-2023), IndyNorm (03-14-2023), Lov2fish (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 07:22 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Even if you agree with Dam, if you don't do it in the way he would prefer, you are wrong.
Ha!
IndyNorm (03-14-2023)