ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who is your currently preferred QB prospect?
Stroud 14 45.16%
Young 2 6.45%
Levis 4 12.90%
Richardson 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2023, 05:23 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts
Default Post-Combine, Pre-Pro Day QB Preference

Opinions are scattered in multiple threads, so I wanted to see what the consensus of this board is (if we have one) after the combine. Interested to see if it's changed much since pre-combine and I'd be interested to see if it changes after pro days.

Personally, I lean toward Stroud. Looks like the best passer of the group, size is good, and nothing from the combine took away from his high points on film. May not be a burner (I've read 4.7's) but he's plenty athletic enough for the type of QB he is. He's more the style of QB I want for us long term.

Young scares me due to size. Levis scares me due to Wentz PTSD. Richardson is the hyped guy right now, understandably. But his rawness scares me. Best case scenario seems to be a style of QB I don't like for us long term. We've seen short term success, but not really long term from that style.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-09-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 06:02 PM

Stroud is clear number one for me - accurate passer with all the physical requirements. I’m not sold enough to advocate 3 number ones to go get him though.

After that it gets jumbled. I’d probably go: Richardson, Levis, Young. But it is really a crap shoot. ARs potential makes him an acceptable gamble to me, knowing his high bust potential. I could easily flip flop Levi’s and AR though. Young is last only based off the physical. The worst case scenario for me would be to draft Young and he be a good to really good QB but then be hurt all the time. That would hold the franchise hostage. You’d likely never win anything meaningful but it would be hard to move on. Yes, that is possible with anyone including AR as a running QB. But Young’s size is just scary to me. AR and Levis have a higher bust potential than Young, but would be easier to move on from 2-3 years from now if they do bust.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

I would go with Stroud.

Same concerns for Young as everyone else, just too damn small.

Levis, eh, who knows.

AR is tempting, but accuracy issues scare me a bit.

One thing for certain is we will end up with one of these guys.

My order of preference is:

1. Stroud
2. AR
3. Young
4. Levis
Ironshaft (03-08-2023), rcubed (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 07:11 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I now am on board with AR as my first choice. The thing that persuaded me is that this kid has only one year of college football. Lucks percentage completion his first year at Stanford was 56.3. This kid is no Luck but he didn't even have a quarterback coach at Florida. He has had so little coaching that if after the Colts do their due diligence (you know they will be thorough) and there are no red flags go for it. The offense Phili ran last year is totally tailored for a player like AR.

1 AR
2 Stroud
3 Young
4. Levis
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 07:52 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

No "none of the above" option?
Lov2fish (03-10-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

1. Stroud
2. AR
3. Young
4. Levis
100% agree.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:48 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I now am on board with AR as my first choice. The thing that persuaded me is that this kid has only one year of college football. Lucks percentage completion his first year at Stanford was 56.3. This kid is no Luck but he didn't even have a quarterback coach at Florida. He has had so little coaching that if after the Colts do their due diligence (you know they will be thorough) and there are no red flags go for it. The offense Phili ran last year is totally tailored for a player like AR.

1 AR
2 Stroud
3 Young
4. Levis
Same order, but I’d go Richardson for the same reason. He’s a bigger faster Hurts and that would give opposing defenses nightmares
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (03-12-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 08:57 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Stroud is the clear cut #1 above everyone else. He's worth trading for the #1 pick to get. He's not with 3 1s, but 3 1s would be a massive overpay historically speaking to move from 4 to 1. I'd be willing to do a Manning/Rivers type trade if that's what it took to get to 1, that being this year's 1 and 3 and next year's 1 and 5, a package which is well short of the nonsense being talked about in the media. That said, my ideal trade would be the 4th pick, Jonathan Taylor, and Shaquille Leonard for the first pick. Re-sign Bobby Okereke, save DeForest Buckner for Stroud's rookie contract run, and, most importantly, preserve all of that draft capital for future use. That trade combined with a Day 1 and Day 2 of CJ Stroud, Calijah Kancey, and someone like Steve Avila would have me excited for the 2023 season to start.
Old 03-08-2023, 09:09 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I would go with Stroud.

Same concerns for Young as everyone else, just too damn small.

Levis, eh, who knows.

AR is tempting, but accuracy issues scare me a bit.

One thing for certain is we will end up with one of these guys.

1. Stroud
2. AR
3. Young
4. Levis

Same order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2023, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Interesting so far. For being the consensus #1 in the mainstream, this board has been consistently cautious about Young.

Lov2fish has been on the Levis train, but it looks like everyone else has bailed. A month or two ago, he seemed about as popular as Richardson currently is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He's not with 3 1s, but 3 1s would be a massive overpay historically speaking to move from 4 to 1. I'd be willing to do a Manning/Rivers type trade if that's what it took to get to 1, that being this year's 1 and 3 and next year's 1 and 5, a package which is well short of the nonsense being talked about in the media.
I can't decide where the leverage is with this whole situation. There are so many variables it'll make you dizzy. The market is the market, so it's going to be expensive.

The question I have is how by the balls does CHI still have IND if, hypothetically, HOU wins the bidding war for #1? Colts still need a QB and SEA is right behind them. Is SEA willing to start a separate bidding war for #2? They do have multiple 1st's and 2nd's this year if they wanted to.

Couldn't CHI realistically trade #1 to HOU for a big haul and then trade #2 to either IND or SEA for another lesser, but still big, haul and STILL end up with one of the two best players in the draft (Carter/Anderson)?

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 03-09-2023 at 11:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-09-2023)