ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-03-2018, 02:48 PM

Thanked 1,123 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Sigh. We don’t need Bell and the 15 million per year cap hit he’s gonna demand. We could draft or sign one.
Who? Gimme a name. FTR, I don't buy into the Pittsburgh system made Bell theory.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:49 PM

Thanked 1,673 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
All of the things you’ve said are pretty much true, and by his tweets he seems to want to come here (or at least he seems to want to convince the Colts to enter the bidding). However, as tempting as signing him might be, he’s a two-time NFL substance abuse violator and he completely abandoned a team that was counting on him this year. In my personal opinion, I wouldn't want to add this kind of guy to a team with lots of young and potentially impressionable players. It feels like a Redskins-type move to me.
I don't think its quite fair to say he abandoned them. It was a business decision because they wouldn't give him the security of a contract.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Chaka (12-04-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 03:18 PM

Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Game hinged on Reich's decision to go for a TD instead of settling for the FG in the 1st Qtr. if they're only down by 3, they could have closed out the 4th quarter with a tying FG, then gone for the win in OT.
Had we succeeded, we would have won 7-6
Old 12-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Rumor on twitter is Ramsey punched TY in the throat yesterday. Anyone see that?
Old 12-03-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I don't think its quite fair to say he abandoned them. It was a business decision because they wouldn't give him the security of a contract.
That’s a fair point – I’ll agree it’s not as if he sat out while under an existing contract (setting aside any arguments that, by virtue of his membership in the NFLPA, he has agreed to the franchise designation procedure). So I guess you’re right that my statement was too strong in this regard, but I’d still be leery of a guy with such an overt “me first” attitude. I also know I’d be pretty irritated with his behavior if I was a Steelers fan.

Now, I realize the Steeler were able to compensate pretty well with James Conner, but that concerns me as well – if Bell is so special, why were they able to replace his production so easily? Conner is averaging 4.5 YPC with 12 TDs, and is on pace for about 70 receptions at an average of 9 yards apiece (with one additional TD). By comparison, last year Bell averaged 4.0 YPC with 9 TDs, and caught 85 passes at an average of 7.7 yards each (and 2 TDs). Maybe the Steelers caught lightning in a bottle twice, but then again, maybe not.

Not to mention the fact that Bell will also be 27 on opening day next year, and most RBs have peaked by their age 25-26 seasons per the following article:

http://apexfantasyleagues.com/2018/0...running-back/#

So, for all of these reasons, in addition to the ones I mentioned in my first post, I just don’t think the Colts should sign him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 08:39 PM

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
While it was technically a correct call, I see the majority of the team on calls like that the clock is stopped if its close.

The refs generally do not get that picky or technical on the rule of if they are going out of bounds and moving backward. They usually give large leeway to the offense and stopping the clock, at least from what I've seen.
Correct. But it is called one way when a team is in 2-minute and another throughout the rest of the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-04-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 08:51 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
All of the things you’ve said are pretty much true, and by his tweets he seems to want to come here (or at least he seems to want to convince the Colts to enter the bidding). However, as tempting as signing him might be, he’s a two-time NFL substance abuse violator and he completely abandoned a team that was counting on him this year. In my personal opinion, I wouldn't want to add this kind of guy to a team with lots of young and potentially impressionable players. It feels like a Redskins-type move to me.
Yeah, he does have a lot of baggage (the drugs. I don't blame him for not wanting to play year after year as a franchise player. You are one injury away from ending your career. You have a minimum number of years to make money. Nobody gives a financial shit about you once you retire either). He would be a huge upgrade on the field. I think you almost gotta kick the tires just to do due diligence
Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Had we succeeded, we would have won 7-6
Sometimes, if you're a coach, you've gotta settle for the FG...especially in a game in which both Defenses are dominating. Colts were in FG range 3 times, and lost by 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 12:12 PM

Thanked 4,413 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Sometimes, if you're a coach, you've gotta settle for the FG...especially in a game in which both Defenses are dominating. Colts were in FG range 3 times, and lost by 6.
Both are correct.

Btw, where you been, Ken?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:32 PM

I can't remember Pags EVER accepting such clear, specific accountability for a botched play, game plan, failure to get his team ready as Frank does about this loss. It give me confidence that he is intelligent, has his ego in check, and can learn and grow as a coach with his young team. I think it's great that he's learning during this rebuilding season and will be more ready next year at the same time we have a roster that's more ready to perform as a serious contender. I predicted an 8-8 season and I still think that's the ceiling for this team.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colts-l...8543--nfl.html

Reich did some self-critiquing, too.

Three times with Indy in position to kick field goals, he went for it on fourth down. All three plays came up short.

''They outcoached me on that. They played a coverage they had not played in that situation. It was the answer in case they did that and we were just a little off in our execution,'' Reich said, referring to the play on fourth-and-goal.

''The second (fourth-down) call, the reverse to (Eric) Ebron, it was a high risk-reward. I had envisioned that play into breaking out - not just a first down but possibly a 20 or 30-yard gain. We had a half yard to go. That would be the one that I would question myself the most on. Just run it up the middle. We had half a yard, run a quarterback sneak or just run a dive play up the middle and get the half yard. I took the risk for the big play and I was wrong.''
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-04-2018), Racehorse (12-04-2018), sherck (12-04-2018), YDFL Commish (12-04-2018)