ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2019, 01:34 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I don't like when the media likes the Colts drafts. They liked most of Grigson's drafts, hated last year's draft, and hated most of Polian's good drafts. That doesn't mean this year's draft is bad, but it makes me nervous.
I completely agree. Same with free agency. I am nervous when the 'experts' think we did great
Old 04-28-2019, 02:03 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I will say this about the Willis pick; the guys on Sirius XM (Jim Miller i think) were raving about the pick. They were saying how the TE's at the senior bowl had high praise for Willis because they could n't get open against him.

Travis Kelce negater?
Keep in mind that Jim Miller played for Mich. St.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:36 PM

I openly admit I don't watch enough college ball to know how good many of the rookies and and picks are or will be

But based on the positions and what I have read about these guys, I like the draft overall.

I keep reading about Rock Ya Sin being a main coverage guy and the colts running a zone scheme, but I have to wonder if they plan to run more man coverage, they just felt they didn't have the personnel to do it.

The drafted players at least fit in principle with most of the needs of the team, other than DL. Yes some might be redundant and create for competition at some spots but that is not a bad thing.

Given how last year's draft went I trust Ballard and now just can't wait to see what these guys can do. Not all will work out, but they don't all have to work out for the team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-28-2019), VeveJones007 (04-28-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 02:47 PM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I openly admit I don't watch enough college ball to know how good many of the rookies and and picks are or will be

But based on the positions and what I have read about these guys, I like the draft overall.

I keep reading about Rock Ya Sin being a main coverage guy and the colts running a zone scheme, but I have to wonder if they plan to run more man coverage, they just felt they didn't have the personnel to do it.

The drafted players at least fit in principle with most of the needs of the team, other than DL. Yes some might be redundant and create for competition at some spots but that is not a bad thing.

Given how last year's draft went I trust Ballard and now just can't wait to see what these guys can do. Not all will work out, but they don't all have to work out for the team.
Like you, I feel good about what we have added. However, I am sure fans of other teams feel the same way. This is why we have to wait until they actually play the games. I am excited to do so.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Like you, I feel good about what we have added. However, I am sure fans of other teams feel the same way. This is why we have to wait until they actually play the games. I am excited to do so.
It's NFL Christmas, everyone is happy. Except Jets fans... and maybe Giant fans as well now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-28-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 04:24 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

My enthusiasm has a lot to do with the fact that this organization is finally running as a team. Our owner seems to be a nice guy who understands that his evaluation of players leaves a lot to be desired (remember him as GM) and is willing to give authority to whoever runs his team. With Ballard/Reich that is a very good thing. Ballard is picking up athletes of a certain ilk. It is looking like they are athletes of the kind that the coaching staff feels would work best in their particular style of football. Athletes that are raw and need molding by the coaching staff. Athletes that have a mental makeup that is conducive to being taught. If this staff can teach (and so far it seems like they can-the question is can they take it to the next level) things look pretty damn rosy for us Freaks. I'm pretty pumped to see what this team looks like on the field, especially in weeks 12-16 after a little seasoning.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It's NFL Christmas, everyone is happy. Except Jets fans... and maybe Giant fans as well now.
Perfect metaphor
Old 04-28-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
My enthusiasm has a lot to do with the fact that this organization is finally running as a team. Our owner seems to be a nice guy who understands that his evaluation of players leaves a lot to be desired (remember him as GM) and is willing to give authority to whoever runs his team. With Ballard/Reich that is a very good thing. Ballard is picking up athletes of a certain ilk. It is looking like they are athletes of the kind that the coaching staff feels would work best in their particular style of football. Athletes that are raw and need molding by the coaching staff. Athletes that have a mental makeup that is conducive to being taught. If this staff can teach (and so far it seems like they can-the question is can they take it to the next level) things look pretty damn rosy for us Freaks. I'm pretty pumped to see what this team looks like on the field, especially in weeks 12-16 after a little seasoning.
Athletes, the people we had been lacking lately!
Old 04-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
I don't like when the media likes the Colts drafts. They liked most of Grigson's drafts, hated last year's draft, and hated most of Polian's good drafts. That doesn't mean this year's draft is bad, but it makes me nervous.
I think it is more they don't want to look silly doubting the exec of the year who just had one of the greatest drafts ever.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Yep... that means he drafted for need and not BPA like he said he was going to. The media always picked needs for teams.