ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts
Default 2019 NFL Draft Day 3

Some notables remaining;

WR Hakeem Butler
S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
CB Julian Love
EDGE Charles Omenihu
CB Amani Oruwariye
WR Emanuel Hall
S Amani Hooker
S Deionte Thompson
WR Kelvin Harmon
EDGE Anthony Nelson
EDGE Christian Miller
RB Justice Hill
DL Renell Wren
Dewey 5 (04-26-2019), Racehorse (04-27-2019), VeveJones007 (04-27-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 11:51 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

I like what Colts are doing defensively so far. I still have questions/concerns of course -- I don't see a consistent pass rush yet and I think another safety is mandatory -- but I love the concerted effort to get more multiple for Eberflus. On paper, this is a team that is better suited to cover the MOF, and can probably generate more pressure schematically with its LB corps than it did last year.

My biggest remaining questions:

1. Edge rush. I think they'll crush the pocket well, but so far, this draft is still asking me to place a lot of faith in Turay.

2. Safety depth. I have no issues with Geathers/Hooker as starting tandem, but you need to run with 3 good, consistent safeties in today's NFL -- or at least have a consistent dime option of some position -- and I don't trust Geathers to be healthy enough or Farley/Odum to be good enough to give me that magic number of 3.

3. X receiver. Nothing we didn't know, but so far, still a lot riding on Funchess being an answer. Good news on offense is that Colts have ample options over the middle, and a healthy Hilton (knock on wood!) will always stretch the field on one side. But I would like to see someone who can potentially unseat Funchess, at least at some point this year. No, I don't think it's wise to bet on that player being Deon Cain.

4. Are they really deep enough at OL? I think they almost have to draft Day 2 OL given future question marks, but more to the point, there is very little OT depth on this team.

5. Who is the returner? Chester Rogers did an admirable job last year, but I really don't want it to be him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-27-2019), smitty46953 (04-27-2019), VeveJones007 (04-27-2019), YDFL Commish (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 02:45 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I like what Colts are doing defensively so far. I still have questions/concerns of course -- I don't see a consistent pass rush yet and I think another safety is mandatory -- but I love the concerted effort to get more multiple for Eberflus. On paper, this is a team that is better suited to cover the MOF, and can probably generate more pressure schematically with its LB corps than it did last year.

1. Edge rush. I think they'll crush the pocket well, but so far, this draft is still asking me to place a lot of faith in Turay.

2. Safety depth. I have no issues with Geathers/Hooker as starting tandem, but you need to run with 3 good, consistent safeties in today's NFL -- or at least have a consistent dime option of some position -- and I don't trust Geathers to be healthy enough or Farley/Odum to be good enough to give me that magic number of 3.

3. X receiver. Nothing we didn't know, but so far, still a lot riding on Funchess being an answer. Good news on offense is that Colts have ample options over the middle, and a healthy Hilton (knock on wood!) will always stretch the field on one side. But I would like to see someone who can potentially unseat Funchess, at least at some point this year. No, I don't think it's wise to bet on that player being Deon Cain.

4. Are they really deep enough at OL? I think they almost have to draft Day 2 OL given future question marks, but more to the point, there is very little OT depth on this team.

5. Who is the returner? Chester Rogers did an admirable job last year, but I really don't want it to be him.
Strongly agree on 1, 2, and 4. WR is fine right now and they値l probably add another guy to compete tomorrow.

5 is taken care of. Parris Campbell is the return man.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:07 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,613 Times in 938 Posts

Who is playing DT on this team? Are they running Margus Hunt out there every down?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Who is playing DT on this team? Are they running Margus Hunt out there every down?
I知 sure they値l add a guy tomorrow, but I wonder if they池e counting on Ward to some degree. They could also dip into free agency post draft and add some rotational pieces.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:25 AM

I have a feeling we値l see them take a QB in the 4th or 5th round tomorrow. Stidham, Jackson, and Finley are interesting options to back up Luck starting in 2020.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:31 AM

A few more names to watch out for:

TE Foster Moreau
S Jaquan Johnson
WR Preston Williams

QBs:
Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
Tyree Jackson, Buffalo
Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
Ryan Finley, NC State
Gardner Minshew, Washington State
Brett Rypien, Boise State
Old 04-27-2019, 06:46 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
They did resign him. And he's tall enough that even if he doesn't get to the QB, he makes him move to throw around him.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:54 AM

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post

Still a lot of intriguing EDGE options left: Christian Miller, D'Andre Walker, Jalen Jelks, Carl Granderson, Maxx Crosby etc.

I agree about adding safety depth, but there are some intriguing guys there as well: Amani Hooker, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, Deionte Thompson, Chase Hansen.

X-Receiver, yeah I would like to see a guy that could stretch the field there as well.

Agree about the OL depth as well, especially at center or multidimensional Joe Haeg type guy.

I think the returner might be Paris Campbell. Chester Rogers roster spot is definitely in jeopardy.

My biggest concern is that we didn't draft a DT, and it's barren wasteland for DT's the rest of the draft. I don't like Renell Wren as an option either. I don't like guys that fail to produce until their senior season. It's not like he was playing at Bama.

I gotta believe that Nate Hairston needs to step it up to keep his roster spot. At the very least, I hope I never have to see Chris Milton trotted out onto the field on defense.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I have a feeling we値l see them take a QB in the 4th or 5th round tomorrow. Stidham, Jackson, and Finley are interesting options to back up Luck starting in 2020.
You think they carry three on roster?