ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-28-2017, 12:24 PM

Default Weekly AC drivel

Castonzo on Grady and Big Joe

"It's frustrating cause you can't practice something when you can't figure out why it's happening".......uh, isn't it your job and Philbin's job to be able to figure out what's going wrong?

Pagano' message to team....."we're a winning football team"....Actually, no Chuck you aren't.

8 sacks in Tenn game, Jax got 10 against you last game.....what are you going to do differently......"watch film, figure out what works, play better, be better on fundamentals,........". Blah, blah, blah, blah
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Maniac (11-28-2017), Pez (11-28-2017), smitty46953 (11-28-2017), Spike (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Accidental Administrator

A winning team... that's tough to read with a straight face, let alone say out loud. We led 7 of our 8 losses at halftime. Our season average second half points is 6.5. By Pags' logic, we should call an 8-3 team that was behind at halftime for 7 of it's wins a losing team.

Despite my own attempts to convince myself to the contrary, I knew at halftime we were going to lose the Tennessee game. After we forced two turnovers and held them to 8 yards rushing or somesuch. Everyone on this board probably knew it too.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
A winning team... that's tough to read with a straight face, let alone say out loud. We led 7 of our 8 losses at halftime. Our season average second half points is 6.5. By Pags' logic, we should call an 8-3 team that was behind at halftime for 7 of it's wins a losing team.

Despite my own attempts to convince myself to the contrary, I knew at halftime we were going to lose the Tennessee game. After we forced two turnovers and held them to 8 yards rushing or somesuch. Everyone on this board probably knew it too.
Yes, that little gem was a perfect glimpse into Chuckie's bizzaro world where losing is winning but what frustrated me more was the first point re: not being able to figure things out......I get it's not easy to figure out why guys make some of the poise/mental mistakes they do and change it....like fielding a punt at the 5 yard line, failing to throw your body over a fumble deep in your own end zone, etc.....pick your poison. But to consistently fail to recognize and handle blitzes is UNEXCUSABLE.......it is absolutely something that the Offensive coaching brain trust, the QB, the line, and the receivers should be able to diagnose as a systemic issue and learn how to read and adjust and get better. The fact that they aren't getting better in some areas that are basic football really troubles me........and for them to have such learned helplessness about it just pisses me off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-29-2017), njcoltfan (11-28-2017), Pez (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 03:28 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

I'd say they should leave him at the next Hardee's location, but then we'd have zero serviceable olinesmen.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:18 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

There should be no surprise in hearing this type of unaccountable talk coming from him....read this utterly bizarre piece on how far he goes to prevent himself from hearing criticism. I think AC is a great fit in the puzzle of insanity that is a Pags football team...

https://www.theringer.com/2016/8/12/...s-92315f95697e
Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
There should be no surprise in hearing this type of unaccountable talk coming from him....read this utterly bizarre piece on how far he goes to prevent himself from hearing criticism. I think AC is a great fit in the puzzle of insanity that is a Pags football team...

Well, tbh, he should not listen to armchair critics. He should listen to his coaches. Well, if he had good coaches.
ChoppedWood (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post

I understand ignoring fan criticism but that is pretty extreme.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Well, tbh, he should not listen to armchair critics. He should listen to his coaches. Well, if he had good coaches.
Apparently the coaches don’t recognize what’s wrong and what’s worse, they don’t know how to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 10:22 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I understand ignoring fan criticism but that is pretty extreme.
To me it is the personification of this team. It fits- it fits far too well frankly.

Recall the mantra a few years back, "building a monster". Recall all the talk of being tough, Chuck was going to transform us into this rough and tumble Indianapolis Ravens kick your ass team.

Sadly, I would suspect Chuck actually believes that's what he has instilled and it's so fucking far from the truth it's terrifying. This team is soft in every possible capacity; mentally, physically, and intellectually. I think the statements from Moncrief are illustrative of such, he came off as a weak spirited bitch who isn't filled with bitter anger at playing like ass and losing.

In every single way this team is simply built on a foundation that is shaky and sways with the slightest of wind, it is awash in guys like AC, guys that to me, aren't tuning out the haters, they are tuning out the realists- and the saddest thing is at the head coaching level sits a guy who I believe would tell AC that his insane dedication to shielding himself from the voices that should drive improvement is a sign of strength. Instead he should be telling AC "dude, your play is not where it needs to be, stop worrying about fucking Twitter and pundits criticizing you, they are right- so start worrying about those DE's that are smoking your ass every week, those are the real haters you soft fuck, and if you can't do that, then you can take a fucking seat and use your "ban button" all you fucking want".

I really have come to despise the construct of this team. Mathis, Freeney, Peyton, Saturday, Reggie, ---- LUCK, those dudes would not have this type of stupid kiddie shit in their locker room and some of these sad ass fucks that are out there parading around pretending to be football players, they would be getting their asses kicked in the Colts of even 3 years ago.

FUCK YOU CHUCK!
Old 11-29-2017, 06:38 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Someone needs to get Chuck to a doctor, he obvious has some serious mental illness or brain damage.