ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 07:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
The center doesnt always do the line calls. Think Nelson could handle it. I think the new Qb could manage it too
Nelson probably could. But you move him over then you have two positions changed. I’m sure Pinter could get there eventually, but right now I see him as a backup guard and right tackle. Rather have a guy who is an actual center and backup.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:42 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Three more draft picks signed today. Seven draft picks have now been signed; only two left.

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1261307073444356097

Quote:
We have signed RB Jonathan Taylor, QB Jacob Eason and LB Jordan Glasgow.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Spike (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 04:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Nelson probably could. But you move him over then you have two positions changed. I’m sure Pinter could get there eventually, but right now I see him as a backup guard and right tackle. Rather have a guy who is an actual center and backup.
You leave Nelson at guard.

The interior line is not that large, you can make line calls. From one spot over.

Some years back the Denver Broncos came into Indianapolis and kick the shit out of the Broncos with Jeff Saturday playing center. The next game, a playoff game, they move the kid from guard to center, and Saturday to guard. I can’t think of the name of the guy on the Broncos was kicking their ass on the interior line, but when they had Saturday move out the guard he ate him up. And do you think Saturday stop making line calls?

Last edited by JAFF; 05-15-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:57 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:

The interior line is not that large, you can make line calls. From one spot over.

Some years back the Denver Broncos came into Indianapolis and kick the shit out of the Broncos with Jeff Saturday playing center. The next game, a playoff game, they move the kid from guard to center, and Saturday to guard. I can’t think of the name of the guy on the Broncos was kicking their ass on the interior line, but when they had Saturday move out the guard he ate him up. And do you think Saturday stop making line calls?
It was Larry Moore vs Trevor Price if I remember correctly.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
It was Larry Moore vs Trevor Price if I remember correctly.
No, not larry moore. It doesn't matter, please don't be offended. It was Jeff Saturday matching up with the best D lineman the Broncos had and OWNED him.

It was the playoff game where Marvin caught a pass, the Broncos couldn't figure out if he was down or not and he ran right at me for a TD

I was in the upper deck, north end, and I had one beer too many? Naaaa
Old 05-16-2020, 09:44 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
No, not larry moore. It doesn't matter, please don't be offended. It was Jeff Saturday matching up with the best D lineman the Broncos had and OWNED him.

It was the playoff game where Marvin caught a pass, the Broncos couldn't figure out if he was down or not and he ran right at me for a TD

I was in the upper deck, north end, and I had one beer too many? Naaaa
It was Tupe Peko I believe. I was in the upper deck as well for Peyton's first playoff win! What a fun game to be at. The crowd at the start of the game was pretty nervous considering Denver had thumped us at home a couple of weeks earlier and up until that point the Colts under Peyton had pretty much sucked in the playoffs. After that Marvin TD we all realized we were probably going to win this one and very well could be a blowout.

I had a few too many as well. I totally remember Peyton's bomb to Stokely as the last play of the first half, but looking at the game scoring recap looks like it was the last play before the 1H 2 minute warning, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (05-16-2020), YDFL Commish (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 07:23 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
It was Tupe Peko I believe. .
That's the one. Thanks
Old 05-17-2020, 11:42 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:

Yeah I remember that game. There is a reason the center makes line calls. You want to pass changes through two people (including a rookie) all the way to the RT before the snap? Also that was a home game where it was a lot quieter when the offense was on the field. And you don't know if Saturday did or did not make the calls, and neither was a rookie.

You're making a lot of changes in order for Pinter to play center. Just have a real backup at center until he has more experience than some offseason workouts before he is even drafted. It's the smarter route.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:49 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah I remember that game. There is a reason the center makes line calls. You want to pass changes through two people (including a rookie) all the way to the RT before the snap? Also that was a home game where it was a lot quieter when the offense was on the field. And you don't know if Saturday did or did not make the calls, and neither was a rookie.

You're making a lot of changes in order for Pinter to play center. Just have a real backup at center until he has more experience than some offseason workouts before he is even drafted. It's the smarter route.
Saturday made the line calls, it was in a Kravitz article
Old 05-25-2020, 10:06 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

The pandemic has really slowed down the normal signings progress. Only 48 of the 255 league-wide draft picks have signed so far. Over half of the teams have not signed any of their draft picks yet.

The majority of signings have been completed by the following teams: Ravens (7 signed), Bills (6 signed), Colts (7 signed), Dolphins (7 signed) and Cheats (entire class of 10 signed)