ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-06-2020, 09:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
I just wrote a huge long thing about my stance on Luck and when I clicked to send it I was logged out and I lost it all. Damn I had some good stuff in there now im pissed.
That happens to me all the goddamn time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Big Smooth (05-06-2020), Brylok (05-07-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 10:03 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
I just wrote a huge long thing about my stance on Luck and when I clicked to send it I was logged out and I lost it all. Damn I had some good stuff in there now im pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That happens to me all the goddamn time.

Maybe it depends on what device + browser + settings you are using, but whenever that happens to me - I don't lose the post.

Once you are prompted to log in - go ahead and log in.

Then hit the back button on your browser and I have always been able to recover the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Big Smooth (05-06-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I think we are probably on the same page, its hard to have a complicated conversation this way. Where we seem to disagree is I would rather have a star at GM than any one player. Over time good administrations win.
The one time our star GM has actually made the playoffs was with a franchise QB.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Do it again, quitter LOL
Big Smooth (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
The one time our star GM has actually made the playoffs was with a franchise QB.
Its been four years and my goal isn't playoffs. You and I are on completely different pages. You believe only one Super Bowl in 19 years doesn't prove my point. For me that is the whole point, winning Super Bowls. I am over loving making the playoffs because one outstanding player pulls us there only to inevitably getting our asses handed to us by a more rounded team. I agree, however, that one Super Bowl is better than a lifetime of mediocre play. I don't believe those are the options. Multiple Super Bowls are possible without a super qb, just look at New England with the POS they have had a qb. Nice to argue over football with you. Stay safe.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Its been four years and my goal isn't playoffs. You and I are on completely different pages. You believe only one Super Bowl in 19 years doesn't prove my point. For me that is the whole point, winning Super Bowls. I am over loving making the playoffs because one outstanding player pulls us there only to inevitably getting our asses handed to us by a more rounded team. I agree, however, that one Super Bowl is better than a lifetime of mediocre play. I don't believe those are the options. Multiple Super Bowls are possible without a super qb, just look at New England with the POS they have had a qb. Nice to argue over football with you.
I can speak for myself, you don’t need to tell me what I believe. Tom Brady is a franchise QB. Is he the goat? No. But he is a franchise QB.

We won only one Super Bowl, meanwhile the pats won 6 with a franchise QB. KC won one. Denver went to two, won one in a fraction of the time with the same QB. Seattle went to three and won one. Pittsburgh won two with a franchise QB.

Is a super bowl win possible without one? Sure. But don’t expect some dynasty. Has there been a dynasty in the last 30 years that did not have a franchise QB?

You seem to have concluded that since we only won one super bowl then having a franchise QB is not important. But it is those QBs that got us to the opportunities. The point is you have to build a team around those QBs and not to squander your opportunities. How many one and dones did they have? Came out flat? How many opportunities were lost with Luck?

A franchise QB can’t get it done by himself, but it is much easier to win one with one than it is without one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Maniac (05-08-2020)