ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2019, 12:52 PM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Kap keeps coming up. I will say this about Kap, ignoring the politics stuff which I don't care about, a guy can support whatever cause he wants.
  • Kap has not played in years
  • Kap was not that great to begin with. Early on he was pretty good then deteriorated.
  • Him coming in would be the same as Jacoby arriving in 2017. He would have to learn the system on the fly. That is a recipe for disaster.
  • I don't think he is a superior player to Jacoby.
Kap was pretty good running the pistol offense, which was a gimmick that worked for a season or 2. That's it. This offense needs a patient pocket passer who can read defenses pre-snap.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,680 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Kap was pretty good running the pistol offense, which was a gimmick that worked for a season or 2. That's it. This offense needs a patient pocket passer who can read defenses pre-snap.
Once they started to figure him out he struggled. Plus he doesn't have great accuracy and that is something you need in this offense.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I would not include the Steelers in that list, ROthlesberger is clearly a Franchise Qb.
IMO those Steeler defenses were what made those Super Bowl teams.

Roethlisberger didn’t get on the level of Brady, Brees, Manning, etc. until Pittsburgh started focusing on their offense.

The Steelers of the last three years are not very similar to the Steelers that won Super Bowls with Roesthlisberger.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It makes things easier. You need a lot more pieces in place if you don't have one. A franchise QB gives you a window to play in for awhile. I think those guys would have more if not for the Patriots. Ultimately it is the Patriots defense and Bb keeping those guys from winning SB's, not Tom Brady.
Solid rebuttal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 01:09 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Perhaps it’s time to get away from the belief a franchise quarterback is necessary.

Other than Brady, which franchise QB’s have multiple rings?

Manning had 2 (only one with Indianapolis), Rodgers has 1, Brees has 1, Rivers has 0, etc.

How many teams like the Ravens (2), Steelers (2), Giants (2), Buccaneers, Eagles, etc. have done it with other pieces and a quarterback who just didn’t lose the game?

Maybe this changes the perspective.
It is far more difficult to win a superbowl without a franchise QB. With it being more and more of a passing league, franchise QB's are MORE important, not less.

You can win without a franchise QB, but you better have a damn good defense, and even then, it's difficult.

From your list, Steelers have a franchise QB. Giants had a franchise QB (Eli has been their QB for 14 years now).

So no, it's not time to give up on having a franchise QB. The data does not support that.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:53 PM

The Eagles with Reich won without a franchise QB

Even before Wentz was injured and Foles was put in, still applies. Not convinced either one is a franchise QB

Maybe if you have a good offensive system, the QB can be replaced as well.

We will see with JB.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:05 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I think the whole "I just decided" thing, is complete horseshit!

The silver lining in that- I think Ballard and Reich already had the transition in motion in advance of this.

Think about this, how fortunate are we that our "back-up" has basically consumed all the start snaps since March? You couldn't ask for a better prepared backup thrust into starter scenario than what we have.

I liked Brisset in the throw away season, I am amped to see what he looks like with some real dudes surrounding him and I am not calling it, but I would not be shocked at all if at mid-season the talking heads are revving the "The Colts are the scariest team in football for the next 5 years engine"...AND I think we may have one of the best backups in the league behind him.
I hope you’re right about Jacoby and I’ll be rooting my ass off for it to happen, but I just don’t see it.

Tags
colts luck qb