ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I get what you are saying But it's a lot different. People are comparing Tom Brady to a massive and proven body of work that was Manning's time with the Colts and Denver. There's no real solid proof that Brady is better then manning or vise versa, so homer fans have to draw on technicalities as evidence.

8-8 and third place in the weakest division in football is not a technicality. Are there 15 teams worse than that?

You are acting as if I don't recognize that there is any offensive talent on this team. That's not the case. My original point was that sports columnists are not underrating the colts if they think they will finish 3rd in the AFC south next year.
I never said anything about where the team will finish in the standings. Offenses and teams are not the same thing. It's possible to have a great offense on a mediocre or bad team, because there are three phases to the game, and if your defense is atrocious (as the Colts defense was last year), it can drag down the overall team performance quite a bit (as it did last year). I'm not arguing that anyone should be picking the Colts to win the AFC South (though I could easily see that happening), my argument was very simply that you won't find 15 offenses in the NFL with the talent or proven performance of the Colts offense. To refute that argument would require naming 15 NFL offenses that would meet those qualifications. Arguing against the 2016 team's overall performance is entirely irrelevant to my argument.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:52 PM

Tom Brady is better than Manning.

Hate to say it but he just is. Last year's Superbowl did it for me.

Yes, it was a epic choke by the Falcons, but a lot of it had to do with Tom Brady's aura.

In the 2nd half you know the Falcons were like "oh sh*t! Here comes Tom Brady and those lesbians."

Manning, for as great as he was never instilled that kinda fear to opposing teams on the big stage.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
Manning, for as great as he was never instilled that kinda fear to opposing teams on the big stage.
Manning imposed that kind of fear into Bill Belicheat when he (Manning) was at his worst. Belicheat didn't take the points twice against Denver, and it cost him an AFC Championship.

Besides, if you take away from Brady accomplishments that were gotten by cheating, he doesn't compare to Manning at all.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:44 AM

In other patriots news this morning Brady's wife was on cbs this morning claiming that hubby had several concussions last season. Lol, of course none of them made it to the injury report. Oops
Old 05-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I never said anything about where the team will finish in the standings. Offenses and teams are not the same thing. It's possible to have a great offense on a mediocre or bad team, because there are three phases to the game, and if your defense is atrocious (as the Colts defense was last year), it can drag down the overall team performance quite a bit (as it did last year). I'm not arguing that anyone should be picking the Colts to win the AFC South (though I could easily see that happening), my argument was very simply that you won't find 15 offenses in the NFL with the talent or proven performance of the Colts offense. To refute that argument would require naming 15 NFL offenses that would meet those qualifications. Arguing against the 2016 team's overall performance is entirely irrelevant to my argument.
Thanks for clearing up the fact that there are three phases to the game. In the 40 years that I have been an NFL fan that one has always stumped me.

Yes, the Colts round out the top 10 in offensive yards gained per ESPN. I wont insult you by asking if that means they are a top 10 offense.

You used the term "proven performance" in stating that I needed to name 15 offenses. Is net yards gained really "proven performance?" Can I use Rushing yards as "proven performance?" (The colts were 23rd)

You are asking me to quantify the proven performance of 15 offenses including their level of talent. Should we rank talent over passing yards? Is receiving talent worth more of less than Offensive Line talent? What if I rate Jack Dolye a 94, but you still really cant dance to it?

There is no way any one can do this, not me, not you, not sherck. This is why they play the games. Last year the colts managed to lose as many as they won.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:34 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
In other patriots news this morning Brady's wife was on cbs this morning claiming that hubby had several concussions last season. Lol, of course none of them made it to the injury report. Oops
They're the Patriots, they're not required to comply with NFL rules and regulations. Only the other 31 teams have to follow those.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Thanks for clearing up the fact that there are three phases to the game. In the 40 years that I have been an NFL fan that one has always stumped me.

Yes, the Colts round out the top 10 in offensive yards gained per ESPN. I wont insult you by asking if that means they are a top 10 offense.

You used the term "proven performance" in stating that I needed to name 15 offenses. Is net yards gained really "proven performance?" Can I use Rushing yards as "proven performance?" (The colts were 23rd)

You are asking me to quantify the proven performance of 15 offenses including their level of talent. Should we rank talent over passing yards? Is receiving talent worth more of less than Offensive Line talent? What if I rate Jack Dolye a 94, but you still really cant dance to it?

There is no way any one can do this, not me, not you, not sherck. This is why they play the games. Last year the colts managed to lose as many as they won.
I don't understand how you equate overall team performance to offensive talent or performance. It just doesn't add up. Only 7 NFL teams scored more points than the Colts last year. To me, that indicates that the problem with team performance lies elsewhere on the team.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I don't understand how you equate overall team performance to offensive talent or performance. It just doesn't add up. Only 7 NFL teams scored more points than the Colts last year. To me, that indicates that the problem with team performance lies elsewhere on the team.
To be honest, I just explained it. If you want to keep grabbing a stat and telling me what it means, go ahead.

You and I both know there is more to football than stats. This offense is suspect until it proves otherwise. We score this many points and yards because we have Andrew luck. We lost to the Steelers 28-7 on thanksgiving day under Tolzien.

Edit: Fuck the Pats

Last edited by Pez; 05-17-2017 at 04:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
To be honest, I just explained it. If you want to keep grabbing a stat and telling me what it means, go ahead.

You and I both know there is more to football than stats. This offense is suspect until it proves otherwise. We score this many points and yards because we have Andrew luck. We lost to the Steelers 28-7 on thanksgiving day under Tolzien.

Edit: Fuck the Pats
He argues with Stop signs ...
Pez (05-17-2017), Racehorse (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 07:27 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Fuck the Pats... Bruins... Redsox... Celtics... basically any team that awful fanbase supports.