ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-20-2024, 03:05 PM

Default Our tax payer dollars at work

My friend Nick took his daughter to the dentist yesterday for a tightening of her braces and as he waited a lady and two children came in along with an interpreter and he listened to a conversation between the lady and dental office secretary thru the interpreter. What he found out was this family could fill out some paperwork and it would be sent to some govt agency and her children would then qualify for free braces which obviously pissed him off since he had paid 7500$ for his daughters braces. When does this crap end? I have a cousin and his wife that get their dental work done in Mexico because it’s so much cheaper. Lol. Ironic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2024, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
My friend Nick took his daughter to the dentist yesterday for a tightening of her braces and as he waited a lady and two children came in along with an interpreter and he listened to a conversation between the lady and dental office secretary thru the interpreter. What he found out was this family could fill out some paperwork and it would be sent to some govt agency and her children would then qualify for free braces which obviously pissed him off since he had paid 7500$ for his daughters braces. When does this crap end? I have a cousin and his wife that get their dental work done in Mexico because it’s so much cheaper. Lol. Ironic

It won't stop until we force it to stop. Changing parties at the clown house doesn't help. This has went on long before Biden.
Biden has added somewhere around $9 trillion to the debt
Trump added $7 trillion to the debt
Obama added a staggering $13 trillion plus
Bush added a few trillion.

Last time we had a president who actually governed as a conservative was ironically a democrat, Bill Clinton. lol.

D.C is a circus. We need to fence it off and stop feeding the clowns.
Racehorse (03-20-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 04:56 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:

while I don't believe this story at all, what program does this?
Old 03-27-2024, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
It won't stop until we force it to stop. Changing parties at the clown house doesn't help. This has went on long before Biden.
Biden has added somewhere around $9 trillion to the debt
Trump added $7 trillion to the debt
Obama added a staggering $13 trillion plus
Bush added a few trillion.

Last time we had a president who actually governed as a conservative was ironically a democrat, Bill Clinton. lol.

D.C is a circus. We need to fence it off and stop feeding the clowns.
bush added like 6 trillion. I found Obama at 9.

trump and Biden fucking went nuts.

note that for the record. I would rather subsidize a little girls braces than big pharma or space x or all the other rich motherfuckers that have their hands in the cookie jar. but of course that never gets brought up.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
while I don't believe this story at all, what program does this?

Of course you wouldn’t.

It’s a program called CHIP which is a subsidiary of Medicaid.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Of course you wouldn’t.

It’s a program called CHIP which is a subsidiary of Medicaid.

which illegal immigrants are not eligible for? did I read that right

so is the problem that they didn't speak English?
Old 04-02-2024, 08:59 PM

Quote:
which illegal immigrants are not eligible for? did I read that right

so is the problem that they didn't speak English?

Nice try. Children that are born in US are eligible I was told. Something in the fine print I guess. Some states also have their own programs. Maybe it’s a prereperation program.
And hell no, I don’t care if they speak English. My great grandparents didn’t either

Old 04-03-2024, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Nice try. Children that are born in US are eligible I was told. Something in the fine print I guess. Some states also have their own programs. Maybe it’s a prereperation program.
And hell no, I don’t care if they speak English. My great grandparents didn’t either

so the children were citizens? then why even mention she had an interpreter? I mean I know why you mentioned it but would like you to just go ahead and say it.

always find it funny when "religious" people, and I use that work lightly, get upset when the children are benefits of government programs. this child needs medical care, if the parents can't afford it, then I don't mind my taxes going to help poor children.

I do care that big pharma and whoever else with connections get billions of dollars in subsidies that are not needed. but again, that is fine as long as the poor's don't get help. just like Jesus would want
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 11:46 PM

Quote:
so the children were citizens? then why even mention she had an interpreter? I mean I know why you mentioned it but would like you to just go ahead and say it.

always find it funny when "religious" people, and I use that work lightly, get upset when the children are benefits of government programs. this child needs medical care, if the parents can't afford it, then I don't mind my taxes going to help poor children.

I do care that big pharma and whoever else with connections get billions of dollars in subsidies that are not needed. but again, that is fine as long as the poor's don't get help. just like Jesus would want

I can always tell when people have grown up with no accountability. You are definitely in the 32 hour work week camp I’m sure, or maybe even possibly in the lawyer pool who only does what is bare minimum because it doesn’t matter anyway, the deck is stacked against you. My parents grew up in the Great Depression and learned the value of a dollar. They had nothing and lost property because they couldn’t pay the tax. Did they hang their head and point fingers and blame everybody else? Hell no they worked harder and tried to improve their lives. Passed that work ethic on to their children and their children’s children. I’m where I am today because of it and I’m thankful for it. It’s about building a culture that’s strong and carries on. Our family were all FDR Democrats and loved that someone stood up for the working man. But then the democrats lost their way and there was a breath of fresh air with Clinton. Heck we balanced the freaking budget. And then the spending began and just got worse until it’s gotten completely out of hand. 101,000 debt per person as of today. Your point was, I have no problem paying for a child that needs medical attention. My point is we prolly should have had braces as kids but we couldn’t afford it and we turned out fine. To me needed medical attention is a child with cancer. Absolutely would be for the help he/she needs. But we’re on the wrong path in DC and the spending is out of hand. This country is a country of immigrants, we all are but illegal immigration is gonna bury this country. My car insurance skyrocketed this year and it’s “uninsured motorists” who seem to be the culprits. My health insurance also with a huge increase. My property tax with a huge increase because we have so many children of illegal immigrants that we have to add on the school for the 2nd time in 4 years. The border is so porous that sophisticated criminals are coming in unchecked. Squatters move into your house when you’re gone and you can’t get them out without spending copious amounts of money on a lawyer and waiting a year or two for the court to evict. Tax dollars being spent on gender surgeries for kids? On top of all this we’re getting regulated to death. Now they want to get rid of CO2? A gas that’s essential for all living things. Common sense has left this country. Turns out that Trump is the closest person to an FDR Democrat since Kennedy and they took him out too. But hey let’s defund the police. Remember we hung Jesus on a tree too. People are inherently evil and need law and order or things go to hell.

Old 04-13-2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I can always tell when people have grown up with no accountability. You are definitely in the 32 hour work week camp I’m sure, or maybe even possibly in the lawyer pool who only does what is bare minimum because it doesn’t matter anyway, the deck is stacked against you. My parents grew up in the Great Depression and learned the value of a dollar. They had nothing and lost property because they couldn’t pay the tax. Did they hang their head and point fingers and blame everybody else? Hell no they worked harder and tried to improve their lives. Passed that work ethic on to their children and their children’s children. I’m where I am today because of it and I’m thankful for it. It’s about building a culture that’s strong and carries on. Our family were all FDR Democrats and loved that someone stood up for the working man. But then the democrats lost their way and there was a breath of fresh air with Clinton. Heck we balanced the freaking budget. And then the spending began and just got worse until it’s gotten completely out of hand. 101,000 debt per person as of today. Your point was, I have no problem paying for a child that needs medical attention. My point is we prolly should have had braces as kids but we couldn’t afford it and we turned out fine. To me needed medical attention is a child with cancer. Absolutely would be for the help he/she needs. But we’re on the wrong path in DC and the spending is out of hand. This country is a country of immigrants, we all are but illegal immigration is gonna bury this country. My car insurance skyrocketed this year and it’s “uninsured motorists” who seem to be the culprits. My health insurance also with a huge increase. My property tax with a huge increase because we have so many children of illegal immigrants that we have to add on the school for the 2nd time in 4 years. The border is so porous that sophisticated criminals are coming in unchecked. Squatters move into your house when you’re gone and you can’t get them out without spending copious amounts of money on a lawyer and waiting a year or two for the court to evict. Tax dollars being spent on gender surgeries for kids? On top of all this we’re getting regulated to death. Now they want to get rid of CO2? A gas that’s essential for all living things. Common sense has left this country. Turns out that Trump is the closest person to an FDR Democrat since Kennedy and they took him out too. But hey let’s defund the police. Remember we hung Jesus on a tree too. People are inherently evil and need law and order or things go to hell.

that is a lot of nonsense to unload.

1) hell yeah I support a 32 hour work week. why don't you? workers now are the most productive they have ever been in history. production has gone up but real wages and benefits have not. why are you married to 40 hours? FDR almost had it established that 30 hours would be the standard. would honestly love for you or anyone to give a good reason why the 40 hour work week shouldn't be looked at.

2) I don't give a fuck what you deem as needed medical care. dental work sure as fuck is. there is a direct correlation between dental health and heart health. not to mention the mental health of having to walk around with a fucked up grill. like you clearly have. which honestly tracks with the type of person you seem to be

3) I agree something needs done about illegal immigration. curious why this is always an issue at election time. curious why nobody fixes it. not democrats. not republicans. and not your fucking messiah trump. big corps want illegal immigration. which is why they will not actually implement real means stop it. which is not building a wall. you want to stop illegal immigration? penalize the people hiring them. they won't do that because there are like 4 meat producers in this country and they have lobbyists. but yeah, watch Fox news and enjoy your propaganda. as long as they give you brown people to hate.

4) squatters, gender surgeries blah blah blah. stop with the culture war nonsense. seriously how do you not see that you are meant to be outraged over this nonsense? can you seriously not see the agenda? and who the fuck is actually defunding the police? its fucking nonsense. rage bait nonsense.

5) law and order and your hero has 91 fucking indictments on him. lol just stop it.

6) why are you ignoring the issue of you only starting this topic because brown citizens were getting healthcare but didn't speak English? you claim to be a religious man. I highly doubt that claim to be accurate when you are so consumed with hatred for your fellow man.

7) open your eyes. stop watching cable news. read a book. the democrats aren't a team for the American people. republicans aren't a team for the American people. magats sure as fuck are not for the american people.