ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2023, 01:39 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
I have interviewed numerous job applicants whom look incredible on paper....and then cannot string words together to form a coherent sentence if it was to save their life in an interview.

I also once choose not to hire a guy because during the 45 minutes interview process, he never once met my eyes. He was always looking somewhere else when talking. Don't know why but that was a complete turnoff.

And finally, I started tracking the number of times a guy said "uh..." in an interview...and stopped doing so when I hit 250. Seriously, he said "uh..." more than 250 times in a 30-40 minute interview. Stop....think....speak. Not a hard sequence to follow.

Lots of reason folks don't get hired for jobs.
I get it, but it's one reason I hate the job interview process for hiring.

I've worked with many people who talk great. Probably are fucking pros at interviews. Man can they talk great.

Trouble is they can't do the job to save their life (though in a cruel twist of fate, they can talk themselves out of most issues). I've worked with many more introverts who might suck at interviews but at least they work well.

Sorry, to get off that tangent, it all depends on the job I guess. With a job like Head Coach, communication is a vital skill so that stuff should hurt you.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:44 PM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
I'm confused why the guy has never got a shot. He's been the Offensive Coordinator with one of the most successful offenses in the NFL for years now. Usually that's enough to get you a job somewhere at some point.

Wonder if he's just not a good interview, or has burned bridges in the past that have reverberated around the NFL.
My speculation is that he really doesn't have as much responsibility within the Chiefs offense as most OC's due to Andy Reid running the show.

The other evidence of that is the incredible failure of Matt Nagy in Chicago.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:45 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
...and finally, I started tracking the number of times a guy said "uh..." in an interview...and stopped doing so when I hit 250. Seriously, he said "uh..." more than 250 times in a 30-40 minute interview. Stop....think....speak. Not a hard sequence to follow.
You interviewed Jim Irsay? When and for what position?
Dewey 5 (01-16-2023), dwilli57 (01-14-2023), Ironshaft (01-15-2023), JAFF (01-13-2023), Racehorse (01-13-2023), Spike (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
You interviewed Jim Irsay? When and for what position?
That's great! Drives me fucking nuts when he opens his mouth.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:17 AM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
My speculation is that he really doesn't have as much responsibility within the Chiefs offense as most OC's due to Andy Reid running the show.

The other evidence of that is the incredible failure of Matt Nagy in Chicago.
That and his arrest record doesn't sit well either I'm sure. Maybe he gets bent out of shape when he's asked about it in an interview.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,055 Posts

I was listening to NFL radio and they listed a couple things.

His criminal record that will inevitably come up, yeah it was a long time ago. doesn’t matter. Guy is the face of your franchise, owners don’t want to deal with that out of the gate.

He rubs some players the wrong way and doesn’t seem to get along with everyone.

He interviews poorly. Was apparently unprepared in previous interviews.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:24 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

o

Since nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room, it's possible that the Colts interviewed Eric Bieniemy as a way of meeting their quota for the Rooney Rule ...... a rule that I am not exactly sure what it is, and/or who exactly decides whether or not you are guilty of violating it, and/or what exactly the punishment is for not abiding by it ...... in other words, I don't know a fucking thing about what exactly the Rooney Rule is in the first place, other than it has something to do with interviewing people who don't have blonde hair and blue eyes for a coaching position in the NFL.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-16-2023, 12:36 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Since nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room, it's possible that the Colts interviewed Eric Bieniemy as a way of meeting their quota for the Rooney Rule ...... a rule that I am not exactly sure what it is, and/or who exactly decides whether or not you are guilty of violating it, and/or what exactly the punishment is for not abiding by it ...... in other words, I don't know a fucking thing about what exactly the Rooney Rule is in the first place, other than it has something to do with interviewing people who don't have blonde hair and blue eyes for a coaching position in the NFL.

o
o

OK, I dug this up ......

Colts Risk Rooney Rule Backlash if Jim Irsay Keeps Jeff Saturday as Head Coach

(By Zak Keefer)

https://theathletic.com/4088717/2023...h-rooney-rule/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-16-2023, 12:45 PM
Historian

Quote:
o

o
o

And to (at least partially) answer my own questions ......

What Is the NFL's Rooney Rule ???

(By Charlotte Edmonds)

https://www.yahoo.com/now/nfls-roone...154000973.html

(From the Article)

What is the penalty for violating the Rooney Rule ???

When the Rooney Rule was originally implemented, it was said to come with penalties ranging from fines to a loss of draft picks. In the two decades since, the Detroit Lions are the only team to receive any sort of penalty ...... a $200,000 fine, and no loss of draft picks.

o

Old 01-16-2023, 01:49 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
o

And to (at least partially) answer my own questions ......

What Is the NFL's Rooney Rule ???

(By Charlotte Edmonds)

https://www.yahoo.com/now/nfls-roone...154000973.html

(From the Article)

What is the penalty for violating the Rooney Rule ???

When the Rooney Rule was originally implemented, it was said to come with penalties ranging from fines to a loss of draft picks. In the two decades since, the Detroit Lions are the only team to receive any sort of penalty ...... a $200,000 fine, and no loss of draft picks.

o
If Irsay hires Saturday he’ll have way bigger problems than the Rooney Rule.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-16-2023), Ironshaft (01-18-2023)