ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2018, 01:49 AM

Thanked 1,250 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Well looking it up, now I don't feel as bad about forgetting Gary Hogeboom. ANd I am not sure why he was there, unless Jack Trudeau they just did not want there because of his sketchy history with the law over the past decade.

Colts went 9-7 in 1987. Hogeboom was 4-2 as a starter and Trudeau 5-3.

And two of Hogebooms wins were against strike replacement player teams that season.
Iirc Hogeboom got injured against Miami that year and Trudeau came in and did a serviceable job.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:31 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

I would like to see our number of penalties go down.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 03:17 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

If you look at this team not as a finished product, but rather as a work still in progress this has been an amazing year. The team has learned how to win ball games and is in the process of learning how to handle and sustain success. Next Sunday is a huge test. Win or lose I have confidence that this team has the leadership in its staff to learn and teach the right lessons from the game. I'm going to just enjoy this week We are going to play a meaningful game on December 30!! It's been a nice year
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (12-24-2018), VeveJones007 (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 03:28 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
If you look at this team not as a finished product, but rather as a work still in progress this has been an amazing year. The team has learned how to win ball games and is in the process of learning how to handle and sustain success. Next Sunday is a huge test. Win or lose I have confidence that this team has the leadership in its staff to learn and teach the right lessons from the game. I'm going to just enjoy this week We are going to play a meaningful game on December 30!! It's been a nice year
Well said. I’m pumped for next week but I’m even more excited for next year. The progression has been significant just this one season. Imagine what they’ll look like with a few key additions and another offseason of work in this system.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:31 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
11). Luck needs to use his feet more. Be smart and get down but make the defense think about him on the move
I started thinking this during the 2nd Jags game. Luck shouldn’t be stupid about it, but he should get 1-2 key runs/game with his athleticism. That run today and the one at the end of the 1st half against Houston two weeks ago were perfect examples.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I started thinking this during the 2nd Jags game. Luck shouldn’t be stupid about it, but he should get 1-2 key runs/game with his athleticism. That run today and the one at the end of the 1st half against Houston two weeks ago were perfect examples.
One of the sacks was certainly on him. Mack make a GREAT block on a rushing defender coming full speed at Luck to save him from getting nailed right away, he stepped up, but no far enough and the defender just kept coming for him after the block and caught him from behind.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:43 AM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
One of the sacks was certainly on him. Mack make a GREAT block on a rushing defender coming full speed at Luck to save him from getting nailed right away, he stepped up, but no far enough and the defender just kept coming for him after the block and caught him from behind.
That is why Mack shouldn’t cut a blitzing lber. They are too athletic and can still make the play.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 10:33 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Just rewatching that final drive this morning, a couple of thoughts.

1. The scramble for a first down was vintage Luck. The dB tried to arm tackle him and that’s just not gonna work. Sometimes I forget that Luck is built like a tree.

2. The pass to Hilton that set up 1st and goal was just exquisite. Luck put that ball right on TY’s hands, just beyond the linebackers fingertips.

3. The touchdown to Rogers could have been called a pick play. Hilton got in the db’s way and just stood there. He needs to turn back towards the quarterback as if he’s running a route to make sure that isn’t called.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:55 PM

I was listening to Kevin Bowen this morning on The Fan....he was in the locker room at halftime and said it was different than any other halftime session this season. First Frank ripped into Andrew using language that was very "un-pastor like" and then he did the same to the rest of the team. "Embarrassed and pathetic" were two of his choice words. He characterized Frank as passionate but not raising his voice and that he had the full attention of his team. After studying this team all season Kevin thinks that more than talent upgrads or innovative new schemes the most important change from last year to this is a coach that does more than talk about accountability.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 12:56 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I was listening to Kevin Bowen this morning on The Fan....he was in the locker room at halftime and said it was different than any other halftime session this season. First Frank ripped into Andrew using language that was very "un-pastor like" and then he did the same to the rest of the team. "Embarrassed and pathetic" were two of his choice words. He characterized Frank as passionate but not raising his voice and that he had the full attention of his team. After studying this team all season Kevin thinks that more than talent upgrads or innovative new schemes the most important change from last year to this is a coach that does more than talk about accountability.
Stop that! Coaching doesn't matter! This is eluding to the fact that is does and we just cant have that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-24-2018)