ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2022, 11:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
To TY, I bid a fond farewell. He was a great Colt. But he is toast, and we need to look forward.

As for Wentz going to TB? I doubt it, but its possible. Best possible landing spot that his useless ass that he could hope for at this point.
Same could be said for the Steelers. Both have weapons on O, both coming off a season with a retiring HOFer at QB.
Personally, I think both of those franchises go young at QB because the coaches have the leash RIGHT NOW to go young and develop a kid. If you bring in a Wentz type that is basically risking shortening your coaching or GM leash by at least a year or two wasted on that guy. Especially for fanbases as proud and known for consistency as the Steelers. See what the Patriots did as an example. Only difference is I don't think a lot of teams will voluntarily waste a year on a guy like Newton (Wentz) when they have both kind of proven the player they are at this point.
Wentz being packaged with a Wilson or Carr almost makes more sense at this point then a team looking to feature him. TB might be okay with a stopgap but I don't see Pitt being okay with it.
From indy star

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts are still waiting for official word from T.Y. Hilton and Jack Doyle on possible retirements, but the signals they've gotten have been different.

Hilton met with general manager Chris Ballard a couple of weeks ago and indicated he wanted to continue playing. Doyle, meanwhile, has not informed the Colts of his plans one way or another.

They were the two longest-tenured Colts players on last year's roster, as Hilton arrived in the 2012 draft and Doyle as an undrafted free agent in 2013. Hilton said last season that he planned to base his decision on whether to retire or come back on what Doyle decided to do.

But as of now, Hilton is the one showing more signs that he could be back.

More:Colts GM Chris Ballard on Carson Wentz, criticism: 'It'll be interesting to see how he grows from this'

More:Colts T.Y. Hilton on retirement: I know what I want to do but I want to take some time

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (13) walks the field after making a big reception in the first quarter of the game on Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022, at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Fla.
"T.Y. can still play," Ballard said. "One, he’s about as smart as any player I’ve ever been around. He just knows how to play the game. Even though his skillset isn’t the same as it was three or four years ago, his instincts and his level of understand what’s happening ... he knows how to play."

The four-time Pro Bowler is coming off his worst season statistically, with 331 yards, as he was limited to a career-low 10 games due to injuries to his neck, head and foot. Now 32, Hilton was one of the Colts' better producers at wide receiver once he came back in November, and he grew as one of the most vocal leaders along the way.

Doyle, 31, continued to flash as a run blocker as he always has, but his receiving has dipped some, with 553 yards combined over the past two seasons. He's a player many cite as one of their favorite teammates for the way he blocks and approaches practice.

The Colts are in need of better offensive weapons after they topped 200 yards passing in just two of the final eight games, but they also seem confident they can find it in areas outside of where Hilton and Doyle play. Figuring out their statuses will become a priority as the start of free agency nears on March 16.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (03-02-2022), Racehorse (03-02-2022), smitty46953 (03-01-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 07:19 AM

Thanked 4,410 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
From indy star
Seems the GM agrees with me on TY.
CletusPyle (03-02-2022), JAFF (03-05-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 07:23 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Blind squirrel ………….
Old 03-05-2022, 10:11 AM

Thanked 1,338 Times in 755 Posts

Sounds like TY might be back. If he is then hopefully it's a very cap friendly deal and Ballard doesn't just stop there like he did last offseason.
Old 03-05-2022, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Sounds like TY might be back. If he is then hopefully it's a very cap friendly deal and Ballard doesn't just stop there like he did last offseason.
I think he will be back. He needs about 300 yards or so to hit the 10 k mark. He is smart (according to Ballard) so he will be a good mentor for any new guy coming in. Plus if they bring in Reggie as a WR coach those two work well together
smitty46953 (03-05-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Reggie was TYs favorite player and he would play him in Madden. Getting to work with him again would be a big plus. TY is about to break a bunch of records and having him as a 3rd 4th receiver would be nice.

Arian’s has said several times Wentz is intriguing. I think from the lack of movement at the QB position, it drives up the value of Wentz. Washington and Tampa both could use him. Man imagine going from Tom Brady to Wentz. Lol

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-05-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:50 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Reggie was TYs favorite player and he would play him in Madden. Getting to work with him again would be a big plus. TY is about to break a bunch of records and having him as a 3rd 4th receiver would be nice.

Arian’s has said several times Wentz is intriguing. I think from the lack of movement at the QB position, it drives up the value of Wentz. Washington and Tampa both could use him. Man imagine going from Tom Brady to Wentz. Lol
I said it earlier in the thread and I will say it again...I would love to see what Arians could do with Wentz, I think we might be surprised!
Puck (03-05-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 02:37 AM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I said it earlier in the thread and I will say it again...I would love to see what Arians could do with Wentz, I think we might be surprised!
Me too, just so I don't have to see what Reich does with him again. I suspect what Arians does with him will be disappointing, cause that is just a Wentz thing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-06-2022), CletusPyle (03-06-2022), IndyNorm (03-06-2022), njcoltfan (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 09:39 AM

Thanked 1,338 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Me too, just so I don't have to see what Reich does with him again. I suspect what Arians does with him will be disappointing, cause that is just a Wentz thing.
Ha! Same here. No way Arians can run the same offense he's been running the past 2 years with Brady. Wentz is nowhere near good enough at reading defenses, and he holds on to the ball WAY too long. Arians will have to revert to his previous boom or bust offense, which somewhat suits Wentz, but will lead to a lot of turnovers and injuries by him.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (03-06-2022)