ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-14-2020, 10:40 PM
Post whore

I predict I'll be disappointed with Ballard....again.
Dewey 5 (03-15-2020), rcubed (03-15-2020), Spike (03-15-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 10:55 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
I predict I'll be disappointed with Ballard....again.
Yeah, but you're forgetting about the extra wins you get at the end of the season for having the most cap space
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 02:22 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

I predict there won't be a season to worry about, let alone free agent signings. 100,000+ US deaths and rising will make the rest of the 45 million without health insurance in America constantly look over their collective shoulder. I hope I'm very, very wrong.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:15 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I predict there won't be a season to worry about, let alone free agent signings. 100,000+ US deaths and rising will make the rest of the 45 million without health insurance in America constantly look over their collective shoulder. I hope I'm very, very wrong.
It's possible, but now that the US government has decided to get serious, I think the numbers will be much lower. World wide it's going to be pretty bad. Iran is a poster child for listening to science and not attempting to BS your way out of disease.

It will get worse. And it may not be the last one we will see in our lifetimes.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:51 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

We land Clowney, I believe this is who they targeted all along the Texans knew it and tried to keep him away as hard as they could
Old 03-15-2020, 12:12 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
We land Clowney, I believe this is who they targeted all along the Texans knew it and tried to keep him away as hard as they could
I hope not
Old 03-15-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
A. You know that 64,000 died last year from the flu in the U.S., right? While is will be more televised this year because of #OrangeManBad, 100,000 COVID-19 deaths is not that big of a leap.

B. Briefing I received on Friday from base medical indicated that:
85% that get it will have flu-like and recover with no problem (the same as normal flu)
15% will need medical care.
- Of those that receive it medical care, morality rate is 0.5% ( same as normal flu)
- Of those that do not receive medical care, morality rate is upwards of 4-5% greatly exceeding normal flu rates.

The kicker is that it is 6 to 8 times more contagious than normal flu so a whole lot of folks will end up getting it raising that 15% number to a LOT of folks.

The travel bans and cancelled meetings / social distancing is to slow down infection rates so less are sick at once and the medical community can keep up with the numbers. It will lengthen the overtime frames before it burns out but overall deaths will be much less.

What you are seeing in Italy and Iran are medical systems overwhelmed and then thousands dying because they cannot get a bed in a hospital.

Isolation and slowing infection rates is the key. Everyone sick will get seen in emergency rooms regardless of insurance status.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
A. You know that 64,000 died last year from the flu in the U.S., right? While is will be more televised this year because of #OrangeManBad, 100,000 COVID-19 deaths is not that big of a leap.
Yes I’m sure this is only being talked about because #OrangeManBad, otherwise no one would give a fuck about an unexpected 100K deaths in the US. I mean Italy is really doing their fucking part to make sure #OrangeManBad is paid attention to - shutting down the whole country.

I’m assuming you realize it is not a flu replacement right? It is on top of the normal flu deaths, which admittedly may go down BECAUSE of the steps taken to minimize COVID-19 deaths.

The rest of your post is accurate, but how the fuck you shut shit down to slow the spread to not overwhelm healthcare and then claim it’s only getting attention because of #OrangeManBad is beyond fucking stupid. I’m sorry to tell you, but when the NCAA cancels March madness, people are going to fucking notice - whoever the goddamn president is. Trump is getting the attention he deserves for down playing the beginning of this, cutting CDC funding, and getting rid of the pandemic response team. Not to mention - cases zero very soon, you can go to work, etc.... get the fuck out of here with your bullshit.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

B. Briefing I received on Friday from base medical indicated that:
85% that get it will have flu-like and recover with no problem (the same as normal flu)
15% will need medical care.
- Of those that receive it medical care, morality rate is 0.5% ( same as normal flu)
- Of those that do not receive medical care, morality rate is upwards of 4-5% greatly exceeding normal flu rates.

The kicker is that it is 6 to 8 times more contagious than normal flu so a whole lot of folks will end up getting it raising that 15% number to a LOT of folks.

The travel bans and cancelled meetings / social distancing is to slow down infection rates so less are sick at once and the medical community can keep up with the numbers. It will lengthen the overtime frames before it burns out but overall deaths will be much less.

What you are seeing in Italy and Iran are medical systems overwhelmed and then thousands dying because they cannot get a bed in a hospital.

Isolation and slowing infection rates is the key. Everyone sick will get seen in emergency rooms regardless of insurance status.
https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

A little off with your numbers.

Normal flu season is .1% Big difference if you are talking about the entire US population.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...195-X/fulltext

Also the fatality rate around 3-6%. So lets just say 4%. IF you find that there was twice the number of cases, that means 2 % fatalities, vs. 0.1% That's a lot when you look at a nation with 300 million. That would be 6 million dead if everyone caught the virus.

Granted that won't happen. IF there are a million casualties, that's only 20 000 dead. Still a lot.

This virus is a warning. This will happen again. And it would be insane to stand around and BS the citizens hoping the the best and not planning for the worst.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:30 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,124 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I hope not
That’s a splash signing and he’s a game wrecker which we desperately need on the D line and Ballard doesn’t lose any picks that he loves so much
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Spike (03-15-2020)