ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-12-2019, 04:27 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
how does one affect the other?
Because Funchess has proven nothing and has no roots in the team. Desir proved himself this past year. Overspending on Funchess but letting Desir walk would be a waste of the investment the Colts put into him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (03-12-2019), omahacolt (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 04:35 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I respectfully disagree. Funchess has not had great success yet. If he gets it here both sides will be motivated to stay put. Ballard will sign him at what the market says his value is, something that cannot reasonably be determined right now. Funchess will sign because A)the Colts will pay him what he is worth and B) He will like being good. If he sucks it is a one year rental.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:38 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I agree about Desir. Unless someone way overpays him he should be back with the Colts. If he isn't scratch what I've said about keeping Funchess long term.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Because Funchess has proven nothing and has no roots in the team. Desir proved himself this past year. Overspending on Funchess but letting Desir walk would be a waste of the investment the Colts put into him.
Huh?
Old 03-12-2019, 04:54 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I get what you are saying bu twe dont know what happened regarding talks with desir. he is getting older so I can see the team being a bit cautious with a longer term contract. Desir has never had a better opportunity to get a big contract and probably wanted to maximize his most likely obly big contract.

point being, it could be desir driving the desire not to sign until he sees his options. ballard has his number and if desir can get more then all the power to him.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:52 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Not all WRs are successful right away... Reggie Wayne didnt start putting up numbers until his 4th year.. hell I remember a lot of Colts fans were starting to get down on him.

Also Funchess and Wayne's 3rd year numbers were pretty close if I remember correctly stat wise.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:57 PM

I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Reichs offense with Luck throwing to him.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
He reached an agreement on the first day, so it's fair to say he was probably overpaid. That said, the truth is that you have no idea how much leverage he had in these negotiations. First, you don't know what other teams might have been pursuing him. Second, he agreed to sign a one-year deal on the first day, so he'll need to be paid for that. Third, he's 25 years old, has elite size, and is a former 2nd round pick who started for a playoff team - most of the other free agent WRs are much older and on the downside of their careers. He's not perfect, but he's got value.
He's slow, got iffy hands (iffy is a compliment), has trouble separating from CB's in his routes, and his best year was his rookie year. His old team didn't want him, they even deactivated him for their last game despite being healthy. As free agents go, he wasn't rated near the top of any list I can find. Not even in the WR rankings. Did we really need to sign him day one? If you have leverage, you don't sign one year deals. If you have teams competing for your services, you don't sign one year deals. He hasn't lived up to his draft pick. At least Ebron was a top ten pick and has excellent athleticism for his size and position.

If we believed in him why sign him for one year? He is a stop gap.

And he is 24.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 03-12-2019 at 06:58 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
FatDT (03-12-2019), omahacolt (03-12-2019), rm1369 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He's slow, got iffy hands (iffy is a compliment), has trouble separating from CB's in his routes, and his best year was his rookie year. His old team didn't want him, they even deactivated him for their last game despite being healthy. As free agents go, he wasn't rated near the top of any list I can find. Not even in the WR rankings. Did we really need to sign him day one? If you have leverage, you don't sign one year deals. If you have teams competing for your services, you don't sign one year deals. He hasn't lived up to his draft pick. At least Ebron was a top ten pick and has excellent athleticism for his size and position.

If we believed in him why sign him for one year? He is a stop gap.

And he is 24.
True he wasnt a top 50 anywhere I saw.

I remain hopeful
Old 03-12-2019, 07:11 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Obviously Ballard, Reich, and their scouting staff wanted him, so let's wait and see why.
Fuck that

Let’s make predictions and discuss it now. Not next year