ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2023, 10:37 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts
Default Go defense

To me this team is not just a QB away. We need a pass rush in the worse way. By that I mean a pass rush when it counts. Ngakoue seems like a great guy with a motor that never stops. Because of that he get about 10 sacks a year, unfortunately they are sacks when the other guy makes a mental/physical mistake. When the other player is focused (like in every high leverage situation-when you really really need pressure) Ngakoue disappears. I keep thinking of how Will Anderson would look in Bradley's defense. We are not one player away. If none of these QBs are the guy then let Chicago/Arizona get cute, stay at 4, and maybe get our Charles Haley (a fabulous situational pass rusher with the 49ers/Cowboys). Roll with someone like Minshew and build a great defense. I seriously doubt this will happen but it does intrigue me.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:54 PM

If we draft a QB then we are not competing for a Superbowl until next year at the earliest. The first season for any rookie is usually an unpleasant experience for the team. So acquiring good players and trying to compete this year, seems self defeating. Free up cap space for next year and the year after and then have your young roster ready to properly compete.

We have some good young core players, build your roster around them, and bring in other young guys, who have everything to prove, rather than an aging vet who won't be on the roster in 3 years time.