ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 07:00 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts
Default Commish's Take

1. Great team win!

1A. Mo-Allie has surpassed Doyle as our #1 TE

2. The pass defense has really turned around their game since week 1. I honestly think that some of their problems with pass defense, was no tape on the Jags w/Gruden as OC.

3. Those who say that Rivers is done. Get outta here!

4. Darnold is elusive, but our pass rushers have to be more disciplined and finish. They could've had a lot of sacks yesterday.

5. Grover Stewart plays his tail off and is better than many here give him credit for. For a big man, his hustle is off the charts.

6. Nice bounce back game by TY, but we gotta feature him more. Plus I need his fantasy points.

7. Rigo gets so little love. Yeah, he doesn't boom every kick 50 yds. But he has no touch backs and no punts returned through 3 games. He consistently pins the opposition inside either 10 or 20 yd. line. He won't make the Pro Bowl or the All Pro team, but maybe he should.

8. Jonathan Taylor's vision is starting to worry me. I'm not saying that it's Trent Richardson bad, but he lays plays on the field. One in particular was on 3rd and 1 and he runs straight up the middle to no hole, when he had a cutback lane to the left. Rivers even pointed this out to Reich on the sideline. Gotta believe Rathman gets this fixed.

9. Why does it always take our defense a series or 2 to get in sync?

10. Muhammad and Banogu need to start producing.

11. We shutdown Foles last year. Let's do it again this year!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
albany ed (09-29-2020), AlwaysSunnyinIndy (09-28-2020), apballin (09-28-2020), Dewey 5 (09-28-2020), Ironshaft (09-29-2020), nate505 (09-29-2020), omahacolt (09-28-2020), Racehorse (09-29-2020), Spike (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

I have zero worries about Taylor's vison. He'll be fine.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:52 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Nothing to argue with here. I think Taylor just needs kore time. I don’t think he is the great elusive runner. His college tape I watched seemed to indicate he didn’t improvise all that much.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (09-29-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 10:49 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
4. Darnold is elusive, but our pass rushers have to be more disciplined and finish. They could've had a lot of sacks yesterday.

I think part of the problem was the shortened camp. The Colts did not work on tackling technique this preseason - I think partly due to the compressed time line and partly due to COVID-19 concerns. Even on the days when they were playing in pads, they would blow the play dead and not finish off the play. If a defensive lineman made a move and got past the offensive line, they would mark it a sack without tackling the QB. I hope that it will start to get a little better now that they have a few regular season games under their belt.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:06 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

9. Why does it always take our defense a series or 2 to get in sync?

o

I'll cut them some slack on this one, considering that there were no pre-season games and (subsequently) less preparation overall for the team.

If they are still doing this 6 or 7 games into the season, then that explanation/excuse won't hold much weight.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 09-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Nothing to argue with here. I think Taylor just needs kore time. I don’t think he is the great elusive runner. His college tape I watched seemed to indicate he didn’t improvise all that much.
His college tape looked like a faster Arian Foster. The thing that was always frustrating about Foster was that he ran so patiently and set up his blocks perfectly to maximize runs. Hopefully Taylor can start doing that as a pro. The TD run against the Jets was encouraging in that regard. He beat the one man he had to and literally bowled over one of his blockers (Braden Smith) to get to the right spot to walk in for the TD.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
daedge (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
His college tape looked like a faster Arian Foster. The thing that was always frustrating about Foster was that he ran so patiently and set up his blocks perfectly to maximize runs. Hopefully Taylor can start doing that as a pro. The TD run against the Jets was encouraging in that regard. He beat the one man he had to and literally bowled over one of his blockers (Braden Smith) to get to the right spot to walk in for the TD.

Agreed.
Again, we need to give him some time given the lack of a pre-season.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:20 AM

My son wants JT to run for 2,500 yards this year and is so far disappointed.

I have been telling him to wait until the 2nd half of the season. He did not get RB1 reps in TC and it shows.

I think his production in the 2nd half of the season will look VERY different than from the first half of the season as he gets used to his blockers and more in sync with the offensive system.

We will see but I think we will be happy we have him for the long run.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think Foster is a good "ceiling" for Taylor. I think Foster was more elusive but the comparison still holds imo. I've been worried about him too, but I find it encouraging he's had as many 5-10 yard runs as he's had.

I think Mack's absence is starting to show a little. Mack has the ability to hit the homerun on some of these plays and Taylor just hasn't shown that yet. At this point I would argue there's no reason to believe Taylor has more ability to break off the explosion plays than Wilson. Honestly I have a hard time seeing where Taylor is more desirable than Wilson other than his age. Wilson is literally doing everything Taylor has but has also proven he can rip off 50 yard runs.

He's definitely not Trent Richardson. Hopefully things start to click.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:02 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

12. One thing I forgot to add, is that if the defense keeps playing anything close to this level (which is highly unlikely) don't expect gaudy tackle numbers out of Darius Leonard.

Three and outs and turnovers do not equate to great tackle numbers.