ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-30-2022, 07:31 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
It’s possible. He certainly wasn’t holding up his part of the bargain. His 1st down efficiently was awful. Near bottom of the league. Why we had so many 2nd and tens, 3rd and tens. But to be fair, unless it was a screen, he didn’t throw him the ball in the flat. He doesn’t like it, thinks it is giving up on the play. I even remember him throwing deep on a couple screens too. Maybe it was a fake screen but maybe he changed the play.

Wentz also had one of his worst overthrows on a pass to the flat when he was with the eagles. Might be afraid to throw it short. His mechanics are so bad at times, it’s painful to watch. Can’t believe he hasn’t fixed them.
What about Hines? He was the forgotten man out there. I like QB's that throw to the backs, because it forces the DL to run and chase and wears them the fuck out. That negates the pass rush.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 07:42 PM

Thanked 1,282 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
The further away from the end of the season I get the more I am convinced that COVID was a major culprit in this downfall. Almost every person I know who had COVID took months to get back completely physically and the vast majority have a mental fog for a few weeks. Neither of those is conducive to winning in the NFL.
Maybe, and the last 2 games were definitely Wentz's worst. But as I painstakingly pointed out he was for the most part really bad for the whole 2nd half of the season. We just didn't need him to do anything to win during our big run (pun intended).
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 09:56 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Maybe, and the last 2 games were definitely Wentz's worst. But as I painstakingly pointed out he was for the most part really bad for the whole 2nd half of the season. We just didn't need him to do anything to win during our big run (pun intended).
Other then Arizona I agree
Old 01-30-2022, 10:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
What about Hines? He was the forgotten man out there. I like QB's that throw to the backs, because it forces the DL to run and chase and wears them the fuck out. That negates the pass rush.
Hines’ use definitely went down from last year. Hines is one of our best weapons, so not using him is just a waste. There is nothing wrong with using a check down, any yards gained are positive yards. Quite simply, Wentz’s stance is moronic. I figured there would be problems with Wentz, but these other issues are just mind boggling. I do hope another team tries to trade for him. So many big egos in the NFL, bet someone thinks they can fix him. I just don’t know if I can watch another season of his decisions and bad mechanics. Might tell someone to wake me up for 2023 season.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Even Arizona he kind sucked. He had one completion the entire first half until our last drive. And Arizona played prevent and backed off coverage and he started connecting passes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-30-2022), IndyNorm (01-30-2022), Racehorse (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 11:42 PM

Thanked 1,282 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
He played ok in the first game, sucked in the 3rd quarter, and great in the 4th. If he had actually played ok in the 3rd then there wouldn't have been any need for the hero ball in the 4th.

He also played great in the 1st half of the TB game, but the he sucked in the 2nd half.

The rest of the 2nd half of the rest he either stayed out of the way of the run game, or he just plain sucked.