ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I think the Giants pick either QB or Barkley. Chubb seems the 3rd mostly likely bet. I kinda see Barkley making the biggest impact on that team.
Barkley will have an instant impact. I just don’t like drafting a RB this high, especially with a team not ready to contend. I like taking one as the last step to put your team over the jump. I do think Barkley will be good, epitome of the modern three down back. Great character, work ethic, he should have a LT type impact on a team. If you want one more shot at a title he might be the guy to get. Giants like their guys clean cut. But if the Giants take Barkley, I think the Browns take Chubb.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I think if we do get a trade like this with Buffalo, it won't happen until the Colts are on the clock in round 1. I think if Buffalo has a guy they want, they would pull the trigger on this trade, but they're surely going to wait and see if their guy even falls to 6.
I suppose a couple other teams might make the call to Ballard at the same time, but Buffalo probably has the most attractive position.
I could foresee scenarios where Miami and Arizona might get interested, especially if one (or more) of the QB's is still there at #6. Maybe the Cardinals could offer something #15, #47 and #79 and the Colts send them #6 and #104. Guess it would depend on how sold they are on Bradford.

I could also see a somewhat different group of teams get interested in trading for #6 if Barkley somehow fell that far. Some teams that really need a RB, like Baltimore and Detroit, might struggle to put together a package of draft choices the Colts would like.

But what if an organization like Green Bay felt Barkley could get them another Super Bowl while Rodgers is still the best QB in the league? Personally I would not be inclined to draft Barkley if I were Ballard, given the state of the Colts' offensive line, and what if GB offered, say, #14, #45 and #76 for #6, #104 and #140? (assuming none of those draft choices are traded elsewhere instead)

Last edited by ZiaColt; 03-29-2018 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:15 AM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaColt View Post
I could foresee scenarios where Miami and Arizona might get interested, especially if one (or more) of the QB's is still there at #6. Maybe the Cardinals could offer something #15, #47 and #79 and the Colts send them #6 and #104. Guess it would depend on how sold they are on Bradford.

I could also see a somewhat different group of teams get interested in trading for #6 if Barkley somehow fell that far. Some teams that really need a RB, like Baltimore and Detroit, might struggle to put together a package of draft choices the Colts would like.

But what if an organization like Green Bay felt Barkley could get them another Super Bowl while Rodgers is still the best QB in the league? Personally I would not be inclined to draft Barkley if I were Ballard, given the state of the Colts' offensive line, and what if GB offered, say, #14, #45 and #76 for #6, #104 and #140? (assuming none of those draft choices are traded elsewhere instead)
Nobody is paying a high draft price for a rd
Old 03-29-2018, 08:57 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Worked out great for this guy :

The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (03-30-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 11:02 AM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
RD? Real Dork?
Old 03-29-2018, 11:04 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaColt View Post

If trade down is considered, Miami and Arizona can’t top Buffalo’s offer of 12+22+.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-29-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 12:15 AM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Can't trade ot of the top 10, unless Bills offer a boat load of picks. Even then....NAH!
Old 03-30-2018, 01:05 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Can't trade ot of the top 10, unless Bills offer a boat load of picks. Even then....NAH!
If they don't get Chubb, there's no point to staying in the top 10. Davenport is probably there at 12 and 22 gets you Vander Esch before the Steelers grab him.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
If trade down is considered, Miami and Arizona can’t top Buffalo’s offer of 12+22+.
if Buffalo's GM is desperate enough for #6 to give up #12 and #22 (which combined have about 130-150% of the draft value of #6, depending on which evaluator you use) by all means Ballard should do it.

more likely Buffalo would want Ballard to sweeten the package to make that deal, and it might end up looking like Buffalo sends Indy #12 and #22 in exchange for the Colts' #6 and #49. If I were Ballard, I don't think I'd be willing to give up #36, and I'd have to think long and hard before I'd part with #37 either, but I'd likely be happy to throw #49 into the deal. IIRC Buffalo already has two 2nd rounders, and both are after the 49th pick, so the Bills would still be moving up in Round 2.

IMO that would still be a worthwhile deal for the Colts: you drop from #6 to #12, where a day-one starter will still be available at several positions (even if he's BPA too) and you give up 1 of your 2nd rounders but gain another 1st rounder. Still have 4 picks in the top 37, 5 in the top 67--in a draft most NFL scouts feel has about 70 day-one, or future, starting players in it.

Last edited by ZiaColt; 03-30-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:01 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If they don't get Chubb, there's no point to staying in the top 10. Davenport is probably there at 12 and 22 gets you Vander Esch before the Steelers grab him.
This is where I’m starting to lean, unless you can get the Bears to give you something to move down to 8.