ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-18-2023, 05:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

So if a receiver leaves his feet, he is not to be touched ...... that's exactly what I said in regard to the way in which the games are being officiated. And I explained, in detail, why I believe that that is unfair to the defender.

o
Not "not touched", just "not pummeled". You can absolutely try to knock the ball out of a jumping receiver's hands, or use your body weight to force one at the boundary line out of bounds. Neither of those involves launching with the helmet or shoulders. Those kinds of hits can potentially hospitalize, paralyze, or as in one case, kill an opponent.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:33 PM

Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
The defender was not only ejected, but also suspended for the rest of the season. The league acknowledges that he is a dirty player.

I think his prior history played a big factor in the suspension.

This incident is now the 6th time this season in which he will be fined.

He was previously fined for:

Hit on defenseless player - Week 12

Hit on defenseless player - Week 8

Impermissible use of helmet - Week 8

Impermissible use of helmet - Week 7

Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Week 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-18-2023), Ironshaft (12-19-2023), Pez (12-19-2023), Racehorse (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 06:38 PM

Thanked 1,648 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I felt the ejection was completely warranted and it's probably one of the first times I've ever felt like that when consuming the professional product.

That horse collar the series before was garbage and sent a Colt out of the game, and then they followed it up with that bullshit. They were out of control. It's like Tomlin got into their collective assess and preached urgency, and they were unable to follow through on that in a controlled manner. In my opinion Tomlin's facial expression after the hit looked as if he knew that was inappropriate and unnecessary, and that he really did not have his guys under control. The lack of discipline was clear, and probably speaks to some of the "culture" stuff I've been seeing former Steeler players whine about.

Pittman is a curious one and it looks like he's entered his peak. This is the most polished he's ever looked to me and I suspect it helps that he finally has a relatively average but at least minimally competent quarterback. I don't think he's a top 3 guy, but he does everything for Indianapolis.

Nobody should be willing to pay Pitt more than Indianapolis does this offseason.
I completely agree on both the bold points. I hate the softening of the league and find a lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties annoying if not nonsensical... but I legit flew out of my seat on this hit.

And there should be absolutely no shot in hell that Pittman leaves IND. Young dude battles, produces, and has been a fucking professional throughout.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-18-2023), Ironshaft (12-19-2023), Lov2fish (12-18-2023), njcoltfan (12-21-2023), Racehorse (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 07:49 PM

Thanked 1,568 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I completely agree on both the bold points. I hate the softening of the league and find a lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties annoying if not nonsensical... but I legit flew out of my seat on this hit.

And there should be absolutely no shot in hell that Pittman leaves IND. Young dude battles, produces, and has been a fucking professional throughout.
I think I've made myself clear on game days that Pittman Jr. is my favorite guy on this team, so of course I agree with you. I'd add that from what I've read, he is considered a team leader by his teammates and coaches for how he conducts himself on Sunday, as well as how he prepares during the week. You don't let a guy like that go when you have a very young, potential franchise QB in the wings still learning the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-18-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 08:03 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I think his prior history played a big factor in the suspension.

This incident is now the 6th time this season in which he will be fined.

He was previously fined for:

Hit on defenseless player - Week 12

Hit on defenseless player - Week 8

Impermissible use of helmet - Week 8

Impermissible use of helmet - Week 7

Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Week 2

I 100% thought the ejection was fair, I like how the stripes didn't mess around and just ejected him.

When I read yesterday that he was suspended for the remainder of the season, I thought that was a bit extreme until I read Sunny's post.

Fsck that Kazee guy. He paid 59k in fines for what Sunny mentioned, will miss out on $208k in game checks. His base salary is $1.2M. A 17.3% pay cut is an expensive forced incompletion.

No One: What does Tom Brady think?
Tom Brady: "Nobody likes seeing players get hurt. But hard hits happen. QBs should not be throwing the ball in areas where they are exposing their own teammates to these types of hits. Coaches need to coach better, QBs needs to read coverages and throw the ball to the right places and defenders should aim for the right hitting areas. To put the blame on the [defensive] player all the time is just flat-out wrong. Need better QB play!! It's not OK QBs to get your WRs hit because of your bad decisions!"

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 12-19-2023, 08:17 AM

That's the reason for the suspension, you could argue that he should already have been suspended.

What i also liked was that Mike Tomlin just accepted it on the field, he was not arguing the decision at all. I am not sure there are many other coaches who would have reacted how he did.

Tomlin is up there as one of the best Head Coaches of the past 20 years. He gets the best out of his players, and creates a solid coaching staff year in year out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 10:05 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I 100% thought the ejection was fair, I like how the stripes didn't mess around and just ejected him.

When I read yesterday that he was suspended for the remainder of the season, I thought that was a bit extreme until I read Sunny's post.

Fsck that Kazee guy. He paid 59k in fines for what Sunny mentioned, will miss out on $208k in game checks. His base salary is $1.2M. A 17.3% pay cut is an expensive forced incompletion.

No One: What does Tom Brady think?
Tom Brady: "Nobody likes seeing players get hurt. But hard hits happen. QBs should not be throwing the ball in areas where they are exposing their own teammates to these types of hits. Coaches need to coach better, QBs needs to read coverages and throw the ball to the right places and defenders should aim for the right hitting areas. To put the blame on the [defensive] player all the time is just flat-out wrong. Need better QB play!! It's not OK QBs to get your WRs hit because of your bad decisions!"
Of course Shady chimes in. He hates the Colts, and this is his chance to get people talking about him again. It is funny how this is the first time I have seen him weigh in on any penalties or fines. Only when the call benefits a team he does not like.
Old 12-19-2023, 11:19 AM

GTFO of the league already. Same goes to their TE and small receiver who thinks he's tough. YOU take that hit and we'll see what you say THEN!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-19-2023), Pez (12-19-2023), Racehorse (12-19-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 09:39 PM

Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,175 Posts

Kazee appealed the suspension and he has now lost the appeal.

The arbiter ruled that Kazee will be suspended for the remaining regular season games. However, Kazee could be activated for the playoffs if the Steelers somehow make the post season.

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/...41314047697038

Quote:
Hearing officer James Thrash, jointly appointed by the NFL and NFLPA, has upheld the suspension of Damontae Kazee for the remainder of the regular season.

Thrash also ruled that Kazee would be eligible to return to the active roster for the playoffs, should the club qualify.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-21-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 11:11 PM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Of course Shady chimes in. He hates the Colts, and this is his chance to get people talking about him again. It is funny how this is the first time I have seen him weigh in on any penalties or fines. Only when the call benefits a team he does not like.
Yep. Ridiculous for that douchebag to say something like that considering he threw a temper tantrum anytime a defender got w/in 5 feet of him and a flag wasn't thrown.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-21-2023)