ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-25-2023, 04:43 PM

Thanked 1,121 Times in 624 Posts

We’re not beating the Raiders next week. Their defense is going to destroy the Colts OL
Old 12-25-2023, 05:04 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post

We’re not beating the Raiders next week. Their defense is going to destroy the Colts' OL.

o

It's the Colts ....... they have almost always done the unexpected since the retirement of Andrew Luck ...... this season alone they beat one of the best teams in the NFL (the Ravens), they beat another team for the first time since the Herbert Hoover administration (the Steelers), and they lost to mediocre teams such as the Saints and the Falcons.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-25-2023), Racehorse (12-26-2023)
Old 12-25-2023, 07:17 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

It's the Colts ....... they have almost always done the unexpected since the retirement of Andrew Luck ...... this season alone they beat one of the best teams in the NFL (the Ravens), they beat another team for the first time since the Herbert Hoover administration (the Steelers), and they lost to mediocre teams such as the Saints and the Falcons.

o
Yea push around and dominate the Ravens and Steelers yet get bullied and punked by the bengals and falcons
Old 12-26-2023, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan View Post
I don't know why people think this is a playoff team. Its not !!
It is! They won't go far in the playoffs, but they will be a playoff team.
Racehorse (12-26-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
It is! They won't go far in the playoffs, but they will be a playoff team.
I don't think so, I think the Raiders are gonna take them behind the woodshed and give them a good old fashioned ass kickin !! I think their DL is gonna be all over Minshew like white on rice, and he'll have the happiest feet in Indiana ! Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Old 12-26-2023, 10:13 AM

Thanked 1,327 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You've got the what right but the why wrong. This team is fool's gold because it's what the Colts have had for the past several seasons: a very talented roster helmed by a very flawed QB. This team will only go as far as Gardner Minshew's hot hand will take it. When he goes cold and starts airmailing passes like we saw yesterday, well, you'll get results like yesterday. Could the Colts use some depth at receiver and interior OL? Sure, but overall, this is one of the deeper rosters in the league. The good news on this is if Richardson is the real deal and can stay healthy, this team can very quickly shift into being legitimate Super Bowl contenders.
Don’t disagree with your assessment of Minshew, but you’re really understating how bad the D and OL were on Sunday and in other losses this year.
Old 12-26-2023, 10:54 AM

Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,216 Posts

We are a perfect example of a inconsistent team. As are all of the other 8-7 and 7-8 teams.

This team will not become a consistent winning team unless we get QB play that will hide our flaws or every other unit on the team shows incremental improvement.

Of course that can't possibly happen until 2024.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-26-2023), Racehorse (12-26-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 04:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Your eyes are lying to you again. Our pass rush is a mirage and our o-line is still subpar. Our backend is suspect. Yes I know a lot of young players getting baptism under fire, but if they don't pan out its back to square one. No depth at any of the key positions. Pitman is a beast, but he doesn't have that break away speed. We still need a receiver to take the top off the defense. I think Richardson is a sponge in the tape rooms and will be much ahead of schedule next year. If he is not protected and nobody to throw deep to, it is all for naught.

On a side note. Looks like you were right about CJ. I don't think he is elite, but is he is much above average and will win a lot of games and a major pain in the ass for us for the next decade barring any career ending injuries.
Dayo is getting real pressure both from the edge and interior, Ebukam is doing well from the edge, and of course Buckner is Buckner. I wouldn't be upset if the Colts spent their 1 this year on a pass rusher, but given that it will be in the back half of the first round, the value likely won't be there. The backend of the defense fell off quite a bit when Julian Blackmon left the game, which shows two things: 1) Blackmon should be the offseason priority right after Pittman and 2) the Colts might be wise to invest high round draft capital into one of those versatile hybrid nickel/safety type defenders, as Moore and Blackmon are the only players that the Colts have for that type of role. They may have found their boundary CBs in Brents and Jones, but they need more defenders that can handle TEs and receiving RBs. Downs, Pierce, and Pittman are a quality top 3 for a receiver room. Like I said, depth is probably needed there, but not top end talent. The possession guy (Pittman), deep threat (Pierce) and slot guy (Downs) are all already there.

As for Stroud, guys who break all the rookie QB records tend to go on to have good careers. This is why I wanted to trade up to 1. Hopefully Richardson can come back and be as good or better.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:33 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Don’t disagree with your assessment of Minshew, but you’re really understating how bad the D and OL were on Sunday and in other losses this year.
The defense was especially bad after Blackmon left yesterday. I don't think he's going to miss the rest of the season. He is one of the key players in this defense. Regarding the OL, they need to get Freeland some help against top tier pass rushers, but he's been better than what you'd expect from a 4th round rookie and looks like at least a good swing tackle going forward. Beyond that, I think IOL depth is one of the biggest needs this team has.