ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Default Colts fan reaction to Power Ranking, after Week 4.

A parody of how Indianapolis Colts fans react, after watching their team thoroughly dominate an undefeated Chicago Bears team with their defense, in Week 4 of the NFL season.

And then seeing the power rankings, following that win.

https://youtu.be/jNri9Ds9fCg
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawrence Owen For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (12-29-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 09:07 AM
Accidental Administrator

I am not too worried about power rankings 12 is fine. ESPN had us at 9th.

Yes, I'm stoked for our Defense, they are a blast to watch. Yes, the win over the undefeated Bears was excellent. But...

1. Teams that deserve to be in the top half of the league should not lose to the Jags.

2. We haven't played a good offense.

The analogy in Tennis is "holding serve." You have an advantage in the games where you serve, therefore you should win those games.

I want to see another dimension to our offense. Everyone in the stadium (lol) knew Rivers was going to MAC on the left in the redzone.

I want to see our defense stop a good running team... Oh hey, look, it's the league leading rushing team.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Butter (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 09:11 AM

The defense looks stout, and I am especially impressed with Buckner. He seems to get better each game.
Racehorse (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Hahaha I like it. I’m ok with no respect. It will work itself out.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

Yes, I'm stoked for our Defense, they are a blast to watch. Yes, the win over the undefeated Bears was excellent. But...

1. Teams that deserve to be in the top half of the league should not lose to the Jags.

The analogy in Tennis is "holding serve." You have an advantage in the games where you serve, therefore you should win those games.

I want to see another dimension to our offense. Everyone in the stadium (lol) knew Rivers was going to MAC on the left in the redzone.

I want to see our defense stop a good running team... Oh hey, look, it's the league leading rushing team.
The Jags offense is actually good, at least according to Football Outsiders. They're 6th in offensive DVOA leaguewide.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

I don't count Week 1, as that was basically preseason for every team. Most teams did not fully look themselves that week.
As for offense, the Colts have played a top 10 offense, with a good rushing attack. The Vikings have averaged 425 yards offense/game outside the Colts. That would be good for 8th in the NFL. And Cook for them have really ran well also. They've also averaged over 30 points/game outside Indy's game. If it wasn't for Indy, the Vikings would be a top 10 offense in nearly every category.
As for power rankings, I think they are funny, because most of them are made by people who only watch the highlights, and see stats. Don't actually watch EVERY game, especially the smaller, 'under the radar' teams. I just made the parody because when I saw NFL .com actually dropped Indy in the rankings, and had moved a 2-2 team in front of them instead, after beating an undefeated team, I figured something needed to be said.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Ha ha ha, I like it. I’m OK with no respect. It will work itself out.

o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyclqo_AV2M

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

o

(WEEK 17)

Granted that the Colts and their fans have more pressing issues than the subject of ESPN's latest power rankings, but for the sake of conversation as we wait for Sunday's season finale against the Jaguars ......

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...solutions-team

I think that #11 overall is a little low for the Colts ...... although they choked away a 17-point lead against the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, they also went toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the AFC while playing without both of their starting offensive tackles.

The Titans were ranked # 5 last week, and dropped to #9 this week ...... both of which I think were a little high, especially last week's #5.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Tags
colts