ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Realistic Draft

I read through all of these threads and I would bet that 99% of you think Ballard is going to draft for need.

Also all the bitching about FA and not spending money.... he said he wouldnt.

As far as the the draft? He is not going to draft for need. He will take BPA... Just like he said he would. Just like Polian did and just like every good GM does, otherwise you reach for a player.

I love how many of you are picking players of need.... I just shake my head.

Last yr how many were shocked with the Hooker pick? Admit it.... no one picked him. Most were picking someone that was 5-6 picks after Hooker.

He will look at the BPA and if that is not a position he wants he will try to trade back if he cant trade back he will take the BPA..... even if that is Barkley. I am sure he has who he thinks is the highest rated that he thinks will be there but if there is a higher rated player above that player he will take him.

This team needs an upgrade at every position.... Save QB

I think many or most of you will be shocked with the pick. Like usual.

BPA other than QB. Barkley, Chubb, Nelson after that Fitzpatrick Edmunds Smith..... That is the order i see them ranked.

In the second round do not be surprised if its Guice or Michel as BPA

I got banned from Colts.com for telling them all they are the dumbest football fans on the planet and that Nadine is a bitch... but some of this bitching and predictions are Colts.com close

Discflinger (03-22-2018), Oldcolt (03-23-2018), Racehorse (03-22-2018), YDFL Commish (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 08:54 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I read through all of these threads and I would bet that 99% of you think Ballard is going to draft for need.

As far as the the draft? He is not going to draft for need. He will take BPA... Just like he said he would. Just like Polian did and just like every good GM does, otherwise you reach for a player.

Last yr how many were shocked with the Hooker pick? Admit it.... no one picked him. Most were picking someone that was 5-6 picks after Hooker.

He will look at the BPA and if that is not a position he wants he will try to trade back if he cant trade back he will take the BPA..... even if that is Barkley. I am sure he has who he thinks is the highest rated that he thinks will be there but if there is a higher rated player above that player he will take him.

BPA other than QB. Barkley, Chubb, Nelson after that Fitzpatrick Edmunds Smith..... That is the order i see them ranked.

I got banned from Colts.com for telling them all they are the dumbest football fans on the planet and that Nadine is a bitch... but some of this bitching and predictions are Colts.com close

Shut up fag
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (03-25-2018), Puck (03-22-2018), Racehorse (03-22-2018), rcubed (03-23-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:19 PM

I’m fine with BPA as long as it’s not Barkley. I’d consider a Barkley pick fucking stupid, but other than that have at it - team has plenty of holes.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Spike (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 PM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

BPA is certainly a thing and the way to go, but it is clearly weighted. I strongly feel taking a RB in the top 10 is a mistake unless it is a terrible draft. They have short careers and good coaching staffs can find success with a committee of backs.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Yep, I got banned from Colts.com also. Nadine IS a bitch!!!!!! Colts.com fans are really fucking stupid. A lot of Stampede Blue posters are dumber than shit too.
Racehorse (03-23-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:36 PM
Post whore

To be fair, many were surprised Hooker was available when the Colts picked last year.
YDFL Commish (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:07 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

If Chubb is gone I would not be one bit surprised if the the pick is Denzel Ward
Old 03-22-2018, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

FWIW:

Bradley Chubb's Pro-Day: The Colts sent Director of College Scouting Morocco Brown and new defensive line coach Mike Phair.

Quenton Nelson's Pro-Day: Both Colts GM Chris Ballard and new offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo on hand at Notre Dame’s pro day.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:53 PM

Hooker was a top 10 player last year. Nobody expected him to be on the board.

I agree that Ballard will take BPA, unless he sees more value in trading back. Some evaluators think Chubb is the BPA, some think Nelson, some think Barkley. We’ll see what Ballard thinks.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
FWIW:

Bradley Chubb's Pro-Day: The Colts sent Director of College Scouting Morocco Brown and new defensive line coach Mike Phair.

Quenton Nelson's Pro-Day: Both Colts GM Chris Ballard and new offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo on hand at Notre Dame’s pro day.
Not a fair comparison since there are two other lineman for them to evaluate at NDs pro day. If they trade back with Buffalo, McG might be the pick at 21.