ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-10-2018, 10:49 AM

I think if the Colts win out they will get the last WC spot. That would mean they beat the Titans. I think Baltimore drops at least one more. The Dolphins have all the appearance of an 8-8 team, they aren't making 10 wins and the Colts beat them head to head.

One loss though and I can't see it happening. Would need a whole lot of help then
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Please let this thread die...the title is dumb
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Pez (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 12:53 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

I think the Ravens will win two of their last three, ending up at 9-7, and winning the division, because...

The Steelers are not going to right the ship. They will lose two of their last three and end up at 8-7-1.

Indy should win against NYG and if they win one of the Dallas/Tennessee combo, will end up at 9-7. If it's only one though, it needs to be the Titans game, because Tennessee will not lose to either the Giants or Skins, so they could end up at 10-6, with that third wild-card spot.

Miami could also end up 10-6. I don't see the Bills or Jags beating them, but I imagine that Minnesota will give them a game. I wish the Vikings were not playing tonight. That extra day of rest gives the Fins more advantage than they deserve, this late in the season.

So, as has been mentioned multiple times, for a playoff spot, it will likely come down to that week 17 game in Tennessee. I think that at this point in the season, the Colts are a better team than the Titans, but being on the road will make it tough.

Here's to beating the Cowpokes, crushing the Giants, and going into Tennessee on the 30th just needing a win to secure the #6 seed. Then they can go back to Houston or into Baltimore with a puncher's chance to advance.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
I think the Ravens will win two of their last three, ending up at 9-7, and winning the division, because...

The Steelers are not going to right the ship. They will lose two of their last three and end up at 8-7-1.
Agree, I don't see this Steelers team beating the Patriots or the Saints. We don't fully control our own destiny, but it looks like there is a scenario where we bump the Steelers for the 6 seed.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Catching HOU is out of the question after the loss to JAX. The #6 Wildcard spot it possible/probably if we win out. I expect BAL to lose at leas 1 more so we can get ahead of them. ,
that loss to jax really hurt. we would be sitting pretty for a WC spot if we hadnt shit the bed last week.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:36 PM

Thanked 1,550 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Agree, I don't see this Steelers team beating the Patriots or the Saints. We don't fully control our own destiny, but it looks like there is a scenario where we bump the Steelers for the 6 seed.
And there are few things I would like better.

Well, maybe getting a chance to crush the Cheatriots in the playoffs, but other than that.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?
Old 12-10-2018, 04:32 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
that loss to jax really hurt. we would be sitting pretty for a WC spot if we hadnt shit the bed last week.
Same with Jets game.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:44 PM

There have been lots of missed opportunities all year, going back to week one. Bengals, Eagles, Jax, Houston game #1 just making the first down at the end. Any one of those close games changing to a win/tie would make a huge difference.

But such is the life of the NFL. All teams have those games. The good ones win them.

Making the playoffs would be great. However I think most are satisfied so far that the team is on the right track and the fact they are even in the playoff hunt this late in the season is about as good as we could hope for this year. Especially after starting 1-5. I think most of us felt this was a 10 win team max and they are on track for the upper end of those projections so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-11-2018), VeveJones007 (12-10-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

A little over a month ago, I said that the 2 games left on the Colts' schedule that caused me the most concern were the ones against the Cowboys and the Texans.

The game that caused me the least concern was the one against the Jaguars.

Somehow the Colts managed to beat the 2 good teams, and screw it up against the bad team.

8-6 overall, heading into the homestretch ........

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-17-2018, 01:18 AM

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,167 Posts

That is what a team full of rookie Players and Coaches will do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
sherck (12-17-2018)